So I saw Man of Steel...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

...and I honestly don't see how anyone can dislike this movie. I mean, sure, that's a very subjective opinion, but you know what? I don't care. I just liked it that much.

Sure, it has some flaws but the good stuff is so good I can easily overlook them.

I will say one thing, though: the movie is much more intense than some of you may think. Both action-wise and dramatically-wise.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool.

BB

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SandMan_

I will see it today.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Happy to see you loved it.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Happy to see you loved it.

Yep, I had a great time, which to me is what matters the most at the end of the day whenever I go see a movie. I don't know why some people have such a hard time believing this movie may be good, whatever happened to forming your opinions?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

...who cares about reviews. The UK newspapers slagged off Iron Man 3 and Avengers and they did VERY well. I think this new superman film will be the biggest blockbuster of the summer, well perhaps, either Man of Steel or Star Trek (which is brilliant).

shakwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There is no doubt in my mind that the movie will be good. It's Superman for Christ's sake. Zack Snyder is visually stunning movie director. However, let's not forget that the Superman canon was rebooted to prevent the heirs of Siegel and Shuster from winning their lawsuit against DC comics. That company is a thief and if it doesn't do well it will be because of Karma. It's a shame too because I love the DC universe but, fair is fair. If you guys get a chance checkout my two web comic series Dunkin Skids and Kasnian Star at www.shakwinn.wordpress.com. Long live the Shakverse!

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By reignmaker

Peter Travers (Rolling Stone) liked it. He's the only critic I listen to consistently.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm ready for the midnight premiere!

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

@shakwinn said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There is no doubt in my mind that the movie will be good. It's Superman for Christ's sake. Zack Snyder is visually stunning movie director. However, let's not forget that the Superman canon was rebooted to prevent the heirs of Siegel and Shuster from winning their lawsuit against DC comics. That company is a thief and if it doesn't do well it will be because of Karma. It's a shame too because I love the DC universe but, fair is fair. If you guys get a chance checkout my two web comic series Dunkin Skids and Kasnian Star at www.shakwinn.wordpress.com. Long live the Shakverse!

ha!!! great truth in this post.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By nightwingnerd

Was hoping to see it tomorrow but can't so I will be seeing it Monday.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@smashbrawler: well I've formed my own opinion and its mediocre to decent. A great production team is Nolan's, its just too bad Snyder's directing can't lift this thing beyond that. If they got Nolan to direct this thing it could have been really very good. Oh well.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

@turoksonofstone: The heirs don't deserve s**t, Siegle and Shuster deserve all the credit in the world but their grand kids didn't do s**t so screw them.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: The heirs don't deserve s**t, Siegle and Shuster deserve all the credit in the world but their grand kids didn't do s**t so screw them.

That is your opinion. The Heirs CONTINUE to fight for JUSTICE against the United states second largest media company on behalf of Siegel and Shuster just the way DC continues to defend the deal made by Harry Donefeld who is also dead BTW. Modern DC ownership didn't do s**t either so screw them and their $250 million dollar piece of monkeycrap film. Karma is a B**ch Kids.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: DC has kept Superman in print allowing for the millions the heirs are after to exist at all so there's that. As for them doing it for the creators all I have to say is dead men don't need money. They have the credit for their creation so they will always be remembered as the men who gave us Superman and Superman fans are grateful to them for that but their grand kids took no part in the creation, they were not the ones who got screwed in the deal so they are not entitled to anything.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@bezza: iron man 3 deserved it. that movie would make satan cry

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By turoksonofstone

@joshmightbe said:

@turoksonofstone: DC has kept Superman in print allowing for the millions the heirs are after to exist at all so there's that. As for them doing it for the creators all I have to say is dead men don't need money. They have the credit for their creation so they will always be remembered as the men who gave us Superman and Superman fans are grateful to them for that but their grand kids took no part in the creation, they were not the ones who got screwed in the deal so they are not entitled to anything.

DC has Kept him in print, For corporate profit and corporate profit only. Dead men do need money for their families and the Heirs represent those Dead Men's families. Credit? Credit was never enough not when Siegel and Shuster were alive and not now when they are dead. They sued DC as early as the 1940s and I agree that they will be remembered unlike unethical scum like Harry Donefeld whom no one has ever heard of. No oneat DC currently took part in Superman's creation either and DC is not entitled to anything itself. Siegel and Shuster intended to recover as much of the Superman IP as possible when they were alive so they could leave it to the Heirs and not DC so you are absolutely wrong the heirs did get screwed and they are entitled to fight for what should be Legally /Morally theirs. DC bought and payed for the Judge and the decision that restored the lost Action #1 rights back to DC just like Disney/Marvel did in 1994 with the Sonny Bono Act they use corporate leverage, Lobbyists, and ill gotten wealth to change the laws to suit themselves and should be prosecuted as criminals IMO. Too many comic fans get served a Sh*t Sundae and just eat it with a smile. Wise up.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who dies?

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By jointron33

HIgh brow fools think they're something and have a little class, it's time for Man of Steel......to get up in that ASS!!!!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ermahgerd...so excited....can't wait to watch it next week.....can't resist urge to avoid spoilers....

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: A'ight, I wasn't expecting everyone to like the movie, that's a given.

@fallen_crippled: I ain't telling you. Trust me, it's for the best.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good I'm excited to see it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turoksonofstone: The whole concept of inheritance has always seemed dumb to me, maybe that's because my parents raised me to be self sufficient instead of trying to live off the work of others.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was awesome.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Best movie ever!

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: just watched it,,terrific movie,,a great balance between action and the necessary establishment of origins and development of characters..it strayed from the comic storyline at times but movies don't have the luxury of monthly installments, alot must happen in a couple hours. All in all I was blown away by the end and left the theatre feeling like I could fly as well..now that everything is established,,the second movie should be EPIC!!!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Can not friggin wait

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My favorite superhero movie. I loved it so much and I think it tops Avengers. Can't wait for the DCCU to continue expanding.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Decoy Elite

My favorite superhero movie. I loved it so much and I think it tops Avengers. Can't wait for the DCCU to continue expanding.

Is that what we're calling it? How about DCMU so that there's not two Cs?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I have to wait till next saturday to see it.

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanespinosa21

Saw the midnight premire and it was so great! A must watch for all fans!