• 72 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Today was the first day I've read a comic with him. And what does he do but look 3 people in the eye (right after these three individuals owned the rest of the avengers) and said "I bet you think you've won. Well ma'am, you haven't. Not as long as I'm still standing"

I get it now. I must read more

#2 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I've also really come to like Cap. He's not a character I easily "got". He always seem like some propaganda piece, some kind of American romanticism. But it's all about the man behind the mask, what he stands for. I too have come to realize how much I enjoy rooting for this unyielding force for good.

#3 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: oh btw as for a recommendation,

You should read Ed Brubaker's run. The Winter Soldier story collection is a great place to start.

#4 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: That's why I never took to him. I figured him for a gimmick that lasted too long. Like Rosey the riveter. But I was wrong o wrong

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is awesome.

#6 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@giantsfan576: I have a three character response to you. RG3. I win

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is awesome. Which of his stories have you read?

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is better than everybody, so all arguments are invalid. Lol.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the issue?

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

OK - so I've actually been wanting to start reading Captain America but have NO IDEA where to start... Suggestions? Winter Soldier has come up a few times so seems logical.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman:

Yes, start from there, and read the whole of Ed Brubaker's Captain America run. You should also get Mark Waid's "Captain America: Man Out of Time" mini series.

#17 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (4516 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Dude!! Thank you! Spider-Man is my all time favorite, and it was that very speech that made me fall in love with Cap.

#18 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'm not going to pretend to know what's happening in that, but if I had that much strength and some guy was shouting "YES" in my face and not letting me leave in an attempt to look cool for the crowd, I'd punch the guy in the face and walk right by him. But it is wrestling, so everything's staged anyway.

Back on subject: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. BATMAN WITH OR WITHOUT PREP >>>>>>>>>>>>>> WOLVERINE.

#19 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I'm not going to pretend to know what's happening in that, but if I had that much strength and some guy was shouting "YES" in my face and not letting me leave in an attempt to look cool for the crowd, I'd punch the guy in the face and walk right by him. But it is wrestling, so everything's staged anyway.

Back on subject: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. BATMAN WITH OR WITHOUT PREP >>>>>>>>>>>>>> WOLVERINE.

#21 Edited by Binski (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new captain america series anybody else down with sci fi cap?

#22 Posted by Veshark (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Today was the first day I've read a comic with him. And what does he do but look 3 people in the eye (right after these three individuals owned the rest of the avengers) and said "I bet you think you've won. Well ma'am, you haven't. Not as long as I'm still standing"

And another recruit joins Cap's Army!

Winter Soldier is the start of Ed Brubaker's run and is a pretty solid story that continues all the way to the Red Menace and Death of Captain America arcs. And I wholeheartedly recommend Mark Waid's Captain America Man out of Time.

#23 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Congrats. I still don't. :)

#24 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

pff I'm sorry, I can't see this comment over the blinding light of awesome that is Guts

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

pff I'm sorry, I can't see this comment over the blinding light of awesome that is Guts

Naw bub, Wolverine is the best there is.

#28 Posted by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

was it his pretty blue eyes? Cuz i swoon whenever I look into them. Its like seeing the ocean.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (20738 posts) - - Show Bio

Better watch out, he's a "wham, bam, thank ya ma'am" type, he'll love ya and leave ya. Tread Lightly

#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Not really. That's pretty much him written badly.

#31 Posted by Yokergeist (12345 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy Captain America comics too.

#32 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody suggest a cap story with great art??

#33 Edited by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: dude why you no listen haha

Winter Soldier! Steve Epting is your god an you know it, now check it out already.

#34 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

Not really. That's pretty much him written badly.

He's making a joke about the "I just fell in love with Captain America" part.

#35 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood:

Get on board bro.

Cap? Naw... ain't gonna happen. I'm not into boy scouts and seeing him in the Avengers is enough. Even though I'm a bit intrigued as to what Remender is doing with the title.

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood:

He's better than almost all boyscouts IMO. The dude does f%ck up from time to time. If you do decide to read about him, I'd suggest you get "Winter Soldier", and the whole of Ed Brubaker's Captain America run.

#37 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

That's right.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Who drew that! That's my new avi!

#40 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I have no idea who drew it. I just stumbled across it one day. Cool picture

#41 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood:

He's better than almost all boyscouts IMO. The dude does f%ck up from time to time. If you do decide to read about him, I'd suggest you get "Winter Soldier", and the whole of Ed Brubaker's Captain America run.

I have Brubaker's "death of captain america" I just haven't read it yet. I haven't read Cap since the first 13 issues of volume 3.

#43 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: I wish I could tell you. Don't remember. I found it among comic vine a couple days ago and bookmarked it.

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (26591 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood:

Ah cool. You should try get the beginning of the run. Best Cap stuff ever.

#45 Posted by DWrathborne (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I enjoyed most of Mark Grunewald's run. Particularly 'The Captain' story arc, where Steve Rogers actually relinquished the Captain America identity for a time.

#46 Posted by tec79 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Remenders current run is very good.

Brubaker start to finish.

Mark Waids entire run excellent.

Mark Gruenwald.

#47 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the club.

#48 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Lolok I'll start with winter soldier

#49 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4358 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he is quite AWEsome. I am by no means a huge Captain AMerica Fan but I have seen what good writing can do with him. I think he's a solid hero/character.

( + )

#50 Posted by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: @v_scarlotte_rose: Issue 1 of avengers

You JUST read issue one? Wha..whu... why? You mean Marvel NOW! I assume? Vol. 1 Issue One of the Avengers doesn't have Cap. He doesn't show up until issue four. (I have both <<me shamelessly bragging)