#1 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21619 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain what the heck was going on? I enjoyed the action and stuff, but I seemed not to follow the story that well, I will admit it's probably cause ive had a somewhat long and stressful day.

#2 Edited by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: There's this dark elf who had no character development, lost a war to the Asgardians long ago. Wanted some weird smoky liquid called the "Aether" which will probably be the "Reality Gem", goes to sleep and waits for it. Centuries go by. Jane is all love sick. Darcy and her comic relief is back in full, now with a comic relief side kick intern, Jane gets snatched, possessed by Aether. Loki's in prison, Meanwhile, Thor is fighting on all 9 realms, ignoring that hot Sif because he wants plain Jane, goes to get plain Jane. dark elf wakes up, wants to destroy the universe (?) cause that's the only motives the plot will allow him to develop.

Loki's still in prison.

Selvig is now cray cray.

Kurse attacks Asgard on dark elf's command, Thor's momma gets killed, Loki is still in prison.

Odin wants revenge, Thor, in a twist from the last film, is now the level headed one, frees Loki, they try to go find dark elf, Kurse beats up Thor. Loki kills Kurse but gets stabbed himself, apparently dead.

Thor and Jane go back to Midgard, dark elf now has a ship that looks a lot like the World Engine in Man of Steel. Teleportation fight ensues. More comic relief from Darcy and intern. Thor wins via BFR.

Thor goes back to Asgard, Odin wants him to be king, Thor is all like "Nay, gotta go back with plain Jane" Odin is actually Loki, surprise, surprise.

End credits

Turns to Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sif and short bearded guy gives Aether to the Collector setting up Guardians of the Galaxy.

more credits

Some random Asgardian monster is still on the loose on Earth.

#3 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21619 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I agree bout Sif, so much better the Jane. It was weird I hated that he won vie BFR, kinda stupid. I also noticed the world engine thing, and how the red beam thing looks similar to the world engine gravity beam. I like the beginning and middle, the Asgard space ship fight was cool, but the ending fight was disappointing, not that I expected it to be MoS level good. But I did expect more. Also what happened to the Cursed monsterguy? I don't remember even.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Kurse died, Loki impaled him with a sword, which Kurse also impaled Loki with too, seemingly killing him. All in all, I liked the movie..but it had some flaws that I've addressed in other threads. I liked the first one better.

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21619 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

oh yeah, well thanks for your help, I actually found this one more entertaining, but that's just cause he actually has powers.

#6 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie was sort of a mess, honestly.

#7 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@allstarsuperman: Kurse died, Loki impaled him with a sword, which Kurse also impaled Loki with too, seemingly killing him. All in all, I liked the movie..but it had some flaws that I've addressed in other threads. I liked the first one better.

I think you'll find that Kurse didn't actually die from being impaled. He was stopped by those gravity grenade things they had that Loki attached him to when he was distracted by being impaled.

#8 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked this movie and I think Jane in this universe naturally has commitment issues. I mean she still had her ex boyfriends clothes with her for Thor to wear in the first flick.

I think Thor only wants Jane because she is the forbidden fruit. Everyone complains what makes sense for a relationship and what doesn't but I've been in a relationships and only realized at the end how it never made sense. Plus, I see a lot of relationships today that don't add up.

Love is a complicated entity and the funny thing is you always want what you can't have, soon as we get them, feelings change.

I do think however that in the next film Thor should leave Jane and try to get at Sif. It only makes sense now that he has her and they are together that they end up splitting up like all normal couples do when they realize there is no strong connection.

PLUS, I heard she doesn't even want the role any more. I don't want a different Jane just write her off like Megan Good. Sif is way better and it be fun to see Sif not be interested in Thor. How the tables have a turned huh.

This movie left me wanting more which is a good thing. I am very excited for the next flick.

(+)

#9 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: There's this dark elf who had no character development, lost a war to the Asgardians long ago. Wanted some weird smoky liquid called the "Aether" which will probably be the "Reality Gem", goes to sleep and waits for it. Centuries go by. Jane is all love sick. Darcy and her comic relief is back in full, now with a comic relief side kick intern, Jane gets snatched, possessed by Aether. Loki's in prison, Meanwhile, Thor is fighting on all 9 realms, ignoring that hot Sif because he wants plain Jane, goes to get plain Jane. dark elf wakes up, wants to destroy the universe (?) cause that's the only motives the plot will allow him to develop.

Loki's still in prison.

Selvig is now cray cray.

Kurse attacks Asgard on dark elf's command, Thor's momma gets killed, Loki is still in prison.

Odin wants revenge, Thor, in a twist from the last film, is now the level headed one, frees Loki, they try to go find dark elf, Kurse beats up Thor. Loki kills Kurse but gets stabbed himself, apparently dead.

Thor and Jane go back to Midgard, dark elf now has a ship that looks a lot like the World Engine in Man of Steel. Teleportation fight ensues. More comic relief from Darcy and intern. Thor wins via BFR.

Thor goes back to Asgard, Odin wants him to be king, Thor is all like "Nay, gotta go back with plain Jane" Odin is actually Loki, surprise, surprise.

End credits

Turns to Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sif and short bearded guy gives Aether to the Collector setting up Guardians of the Galaxy.

more credits

Some random Asgardian monster is still on the loose on Earth.

You forgot Thor and Jane make-out while Asgardian monster is still on the loose on Earth. in that last sentence. It was funny though.

#10 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I still havent seen it but I've heard a lot of podcast reviews and those diehard comic fans really seemed to love it. They compare it to the first thor movie and say its better. To give you some idea they talk about the first like it was a masterpeice of film which I don't get. By theater movie standards, to me the first one stunk. They talk about it like it is up there with the fight club or titanic in terms of genious. I just don't get where they are coming from with this.

#11 Posted by Pokeysteve (8245 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this movie to be overwhelmingly generic and unbelievably predictable.

#12 Edited by patrat18 (9542 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here. The jokes didn't help either.

#13 Edited by Mxyzptlk_CV (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

Another "below average" marvel studios movie...

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17943 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (8245 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@pokeysteve said:

The Loki into Cap gag was great but other than that not helpful. It was a fun movie though. You just knew what was going to happen.

#16 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10117 posts) - - Show Bio

Does me heart good to see so many people dislike these Marvel comedies.

#17 Edited by patrat18 (9542 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@pokeysteve said:

The Loki into Cap gag was great but other than that not helpful. It was a fun movie though. You just knew what was going to happen.

Agreed.