So about the ending of JLU...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I know this thread is perhaps a few years too late...but during the last episode of the JLU, 'Alive!', Luthor arrives before Darkseid is able to kill Superman once and for all, and gives him the anti-life equation for them to share.

Now, this conveniently removed the threat of Darkseid away from Earth, but after some thought, wasn't this the worse possible ending for life as we know it?

Freakin' Darkseid was given the equation to end all free will across living beings!

Of course, the anti-life equation was never explained in the show...but seasoned DC readers should now that the heroes did not win at the end of that episode...and conveniently, that was the series finale.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sinestro_gl: it was for kids what do you expect?

But yes if it was actly the real dcu they should be saying all he'l DARKSEID by now

But then again the dc animated universe is still continueing in the "beyond" comic

So I wonder what that means?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Well that was a horrible deus ex machina, but I think the idea was that it just transported Darkseid to the Source Wall, or killed him. The Anti-Life Equation was never really defined in the DCAU, but regardless of what it did, it was a pretty weak ending.

I love the DCAU more than most, but it wasn't flawless. This is an example of the writers just putting themselves into a hole.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I didn't have a big problem with that.It wasn't the best ending but I liked it.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: They were going to continue that story but CN is stupid.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

@lilben42 said:

@sinestro_gl: They were going to continue that story but CN is stupid.

No they weren't. That was the end.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilben42
sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sinestro_GL

Well that was a horrible deus ex machina, but I think the idea was that it just transported Darkseid to the Source Wall, or killed him. The Anti-Life Equation was never really defined in the DCAU, but regardless of what it did, it was a pretty weak ending.

I love the DCAU more than most, but it wasn't flawless. This is an example of the writers just putting themselves into a hole.

Actually, it was mentioned in Superman The Animated Series, about what it was and did...but like you said, the ending was weak, and like I said, was not an ending in favour of the heroes.