• 54 results
#1 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

A source close to Miller, who also has Sin City and 300 sequels in the pipeline, told the Independent: “Frank had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He’s going to be meeting up with Zach in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-zach-snyder-takes-advice-from-frank-miller-in-bid-for-blockbuster-battle-of-the-superheroes-8739894.html?origin=internalSearch

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see Superman fanboys attack Batman and his fanboys about who will look better :)

#4 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Can't wait to see Superman fanboys attack Batman and his fanboys about who will look better :)

Yea that doesnt sound biased at all

Dude, do you even know how miller is acting nowadays?

Youd be better off askin for advice from that hobo who thinks the white house is a transformer

#5 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just...no

#6 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man...does this mean that the new Batman will bet the "GOD DAMN BATMAN!"?

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox said:

@wolverine08 said:

Yea that doesnt sound biased at all

Dude, do you even know how miller is acting nowadays?

Youd be better off askin for advice from that hobo who thinks the white house is a transformer

I was joking about how funny it will be to watch Batman and Superman fanboys argue. Chill.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody chill. Snyder is probably just trying to understand and learn more about Batman from Miller. That's all there probably is to it.

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Batman's my favorite character but Frank Miller is a bat-wanker and if he follows something like Dark Knight Returns, he'll probably end up making Superman look like a pathetic tool

#10 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just...no

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I hope so that's it. But Miller portrayed Superman as someone who blindly follows the law and does everything the President says no matter what it is

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

I don't Snyder is stupid enough to portray Superman badly in such a big movie and piss of his HUMUNGOUS fanbase.

#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

At least Batman gets to beat up Superman on screen.

#14 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

This worries me

#15 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by JediXMan (30654 posts) - - Show Bio

... crap.

#17 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is gonna be soooooooooooooooooo bad.....

#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, he should bring in a Superman consultant then. Bring in Grant Morrison or something. This is just about the worst movie news ever.

#21 Edited by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Snyder already knows Superman. He just did a movie about him. He couldn't have done that if he didn't know Superman.

#22 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Snyder already knows Superman. He just did a movie about him. He couldn't have done that if he didn't know Superman.

Obviously he doesnt, if his first announcement wasnt, "Hey, Batman and Superman cant fight in the upcoming film, because I want Batman to be in more than 5 seconds of the movie."

Look, one of Snyder's greatest weaknesses as a director is letting his fanboyism overwhelm his good movie-making sense, and we know how he feels about the Dark Knight Returns.

#23 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: He should still brinv in Grant as a consultant though hes way better than Miller lol.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@deaditegonzo:

Obviously he doesnt, if his first announcement wasnt, "Hey, Batman and Superman cant fight in the upcoming film, because I want Batman to be in more than 5 seconds of the movie."

Look, one of Snyder's greatest weaknesses as a director is letting his fanboyism overwhelm his good movie-making sense, and we know how he feels about the Dark Knight Returns.

In which CBM did Snyder let his "fanboyism" get the best of him?

#25 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

In which CBM did Snyder let his "fanboyism" get the best of him?

The greatest flaw in Sucker Punch (original property, I know), was that he just kept putting things that he wanted to see on screen. He opted out of cohesion in favour of masturbating on film.

A major complaint with Watchmen is that it sticks to closely to the original material. Mind you this isnt a personal complaint, I actually loved that film even though the original graphic novel didnt do anything for me.

Snyder gets too excited about putting things he wants to see on screen, and in this case what he SEEMINGLY wants to put on screen is OBJECTIVELY bad.

#26 Edited by jumpstart55 (2278 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how the fight should be handled.

Hopefully Snyder doesn't forget whats supposed to happen when an arrogant human meets a demi god.

As opposed to this

Which would look absolutely ridiculous in live action. Considering the stuff we saw Superman do.

#27 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: yeah, superman could take a real beating in MOS.

#28 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Miller was a good writer?

I'd like to go back to that, please.

#29 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Great they are going to f up the Man Of Steel 2 it should just be Supse for a sequel and leave Batman for later.

#32 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at the people saying that this movie is "destroyed". We haven't even seen a single second of footage. May we at least wait until then?

#34 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: you're probably right. I'm just a downer. XD

#35 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at the people saying that this movie is "destroyed". We haven't even seen a single second of footage. May we at least wait until then?

Youre confidence that this isnt going to be a Batman wanfest looks sillier and sillier the more information is revealed. What makes you so optimistic? "Snyder would never piss off that many people." Directors do that all the time.

Right now, im only considering the evidence we have right now, and what we know right is really damning. Its hard to imagine the film going a different direction at this point, unless Snyder consciously decides to go a different direction.

#37 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

This does worry me a bit. I'd love a "playful" fight between Clark and Bruce, anything more will probably piss me off. I can't imagine the sh!tstorm that would ensue if Bruce made Clark bleed or something.

#39 Edited by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I am not going to come to a decision about a film that hasn't even casted one of it's main actors or even began filming yet. That would just be capricious and illogical.

#40 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I am not going to come to a decision about a film that hasn't even casted one of it's main actors or even began filming yet. That would just be capricious and illogical.

Dont come to a conclusion, I have no idea why you think the only options are: 1) Dont scrutinize it at all 2) Come to a concrete conclusion.

Im scrutinizing every piece of info we are given, because believe it or not, I and all Superman fans are hoping the we are 100% incorrect. But every new piece of info we get seems to make our fears more and more founded.

Its called speculating, and frankly, now would be the time to raise a stink about it, while there is still time to backtrack. If Batman does thwomp Supes, one of two things will happen: 1) the film will fail, and cripple dc for years to come or 2) the film will succeed and Superman fans will never get to look forward to the great Justice League movie they always dreamed of.

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that you shouldn't scrutinize. The only bad thing I've seen from this film so far is this somewhat questionable consulting of Frank Miller, but just because of that, I'm not going to lose mind coming up with conspiracies theories about how the Bat wankers will impose their will on this film.

#42 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that you shouldn't scrutinize. The only bad thing I've seen from this film so far is this somewhat questionable consulting of Frank Miller, but just because of that, I'm not going to lose mind coming up with conspiracies theories about how the Bat wankers will impose their will on this film.

Um, youve been complaining about how the movie is two years away and we dont have any concrete info this whole time. Youve in fact been speculating yourself that theres no way a confrontation in this movie will go down like it did in Dark Knight Returns.

Anyway, im not here to argue what you said, I am just explaining my, and I imagine most fans of Superman's, stance.

#43 Posted by Wolverine08 (42512 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: *Facepalm* My point about the film being two years away was that we should and can speculate and scrutinize, but we shouldn't try completely judge the film yet. I never said people shouldn't question anything. Anyways, I'm not here to argue with you. I'm just explaining my and most logical fans position about this.

#44 Edited by JetiiMitra (8645 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want this to be a good movie, even if I don't like when it's coming out. Despite that, all I've read from Frank Miller is TDKR and some of TDKSA, I think. In those, Batman was stubborn to the point of just plain arrogance and stupidly self-righteous. I'd just as soon have none of that in... anything. I also read about All Star Batman and Robin, and that I don't think anyone would want to acknowledge exists, much less put it in a movie - except for Miller (not that I think Snyder is that malleable, but still). Which is why I'm slightly off-put by this news.

#45 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what to say, I love Miller's works but if Snyder needed some advice about Batman or DC comics in general then he should have talked to Grant Morrison, no one's better than this guy.

#46 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Just...no

#47 Posted by Bierschneeman (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

So..... based on ASBR this means the movie titled Superman Batman (or Batmand vsa Superman whatever) We will probably sit through an hour and 45 minutes of not seeing Batman or Superman between the opening scene and the ending.

As Well I guess we will also have to suffer through bad lines, badly placed nudity (with no purpose), any woman depicted as a slut or a whore, and 120 references to the "GODDAMN BATMAN"

#48 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11148 posts) - - Show Bio

Now my CB knowledge isn't all that great, but isn't Frank Millar The guy who hates Superman and is a big Batman fan...

...OH NO

#49 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Now my CB knowledge isn't all that great, but isn't Frank Millar The guy who hates Superman and is a big Batman fan...

...OH NO

And if you've ever thought "Man. I wish comic books were a little more light hearted. Why is everything so dark and moody and heavy all the time?" then Frank Miller would be the guy to blame. So naturally he's a perfect choice to counsel Snyder on a Superman movie. Ugh.

#50 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio