Smallville Season 1 Finale: I'm Speechless

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By deathstroke19

WHATTTTTTTT???????? LEX'S DAD DIES????? LANA GETS SUCKED INTO A TORNADO BUT FALLSHIRMAGER SAID SHE DOESNT DIE!!!!! ..... I'm speechless. Wh- Wha- What happened? Does it explain everything in season 2 episode 1?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator
deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: BUT I DONT WANNA! >:(

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Sigh... I guess i will....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The show was good around this point. I had problems when they started bringing in other Superman villains.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

The first season was easily the worst. It just cannot compare to some of the latter seasons in what they were able to accomplish.

So if you liked it this much you'll enjoy the rest

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It gets better, I am currently on season 4, from rewatching it again

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, if you are that pumped for the worst season, you are in for a treat soon!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

I liked it until Lois joined the show.

Don't know if that warrants a spoiler, but just in case...

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, did I just time travel or something??

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

why

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: So far its great! I just finished season 2 episode 1 and it wrapped everything up except for... The ship. And it seems like a lot more familiar faces start to get introduced so that should make it even better.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

why

Don't like her. The actress irritated me.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been wanting to start watching Smallville. Glad to know your enjoying it. Maybe I will give it a try soon...

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@allstarsuperman said:

@jedixman said:

why

Don't like her. The actress irritated me.

But she was the best Lois in my opinion.... and she was by far the prettiest girl on the show...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman
deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen_crippled: Thanks! And I too was questioning if it was worth it as its 10 full seasons and I didnt know if I had time for it but so far it's been worth it. ;)

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeepeh

@deathstroke19: I don't remember his dad dying so early, and Lana in a volcano? Dang, I need to re-watch this thing. xD

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deathstroke19

@jeepeh: Lol its suppose to be tornado... But I was wrong... In the next episode it showed his dad was still alive... But now you just told me he's going to die at some point in the show >:(

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeepeh
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@jeepeh: Lol its suppose to be tornado... But I was wrong... In the next episode it showed his dad was still alive... But now you just told me he's going to die at some point in the show >:(

or IS HE???

DUN

DUN

DUUUUUUUN

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deathstroke19

@jeepeh: Awwwwwwwwww.... I forgive you. Lol

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@g_leno said:

Yeah, if you are that pumped for the worst season, you are in for a treat soon!

6,7 and 8 were way worse.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: Is this the finale where Lex says, " I believe the saying is 'Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War'." Bc I love that scene.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deathstroke19
Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: Love that scene, it was very powerful. You will soon learn that most scenes involving the Luthors are the best.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

maye 8 was, was 6 and 7 I found enjoyable. Laura Vandervoort!!!!!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thesmallvillefan12
TheSmallvillefan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see your enjoying it. I think you'll like the later seasons even better.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

First season was the reason they invented the term "Freak of the Week". And some of the 'freaks' were pretty ridiculous. I mean, fat-sucking vampire? Really?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Love the show, except when the relationship with Lana starts dragging on to long and getting a bit twilighty.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

First season was the reason they invented the term "Freak of the Week". And some of the 'freaks' were pretty ridiculous. I mean, fat-sucking vampire? Really?

Yeah, they did that a lot, but honestly, I can't think of any better way to start off the show. I mean they specifically said "no flights, no tights" for much of the series, so he wasn't gonna be Superman, and they slowly trickled in other Superman rogues, so the freaks of the week were really the only way to actually have action in the show, otherwise it would be nothing but relationship drama.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@deathstroke19: Yeah, if you liked the 1st season this much you'll enjoy the rest of the show. Watching Arrow you'll see a lot of similarities of what they've taken from having done Smallville, and lessons they learned from Smallville about what didn't always work so well. Just don't expect every episode and season to be mind-blowingly amazing. Some sections and stories are a little slow and are kind of filler I think, so they could build to the big finale. That being said, you can see from here, some people thought Season 1 was the worst, others thought later seasons were, so just have an open mind and don't let any of us tell you what to enjoy and what not to enjoy - just let the show entertain you and add to the giant mythos of Superman.

@bruxae said:

Love the show, except when the relationship with Lana starts dragging on to long and getting a bit twilighty.

OMG soooooooooo much of this. Lana as a character was one I always liked before Smallville, and I liked her initially, but then I was just getting annoyed and I was kind of hoping they would kill her off. How much can you do the "I love you and you're always there fore me" and then "You keep too many secrets and I can't trust you!"

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Wow. That was actually a really nice little paragraph and advice. Thanks!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

@bruxae said:

OMG soooooooooo much of this. Lana as a character was one I always liked before Smallville, and I liked her initially, but then I was just getting annoyed and I was kind of hoping they would kill her off. How much can you do the "I love you and you're always there fore me" and then "You keep too many secrets and I can't trust you!"

To me, Lana is like Laurel on Arrow. A boring character with little to no real interesting qualities who is there mainly to be a love interest to the protagonist. Take away the love aspect, and their character becomes useless. Seriously, once Clark stopped being interested in Lana, it was like the writers didn't know what to do with her. "Oh..um..well, she can marry Lex I guess..or maybe we can give her super powers..OH, OH! Let's just write her out of the show." Same with Laurel..what the heck has she done in the past few Arrow episodes now that Ollie is over her?

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman said:

@bruxae said:

To me, Lana is like Laurel on Arrow. A boring character with little to no real interesting qualities who is there mainly to be a love interest to the protagonist. Take away the love aspect, and their character becomes useless. Seriously, once Clark stopped being interested in Lana, it was like the writers didn't know what to do with her. "Oh..um..well, she can marry Lex I guess..or maybe we can give her super powers..OH, OH! Let's just write her out of the show." Same with Laurel..what the heck has she done in the past few Arrow episodes now that Ollie is over her?

I was JUST thinking of that exact comparison actually. I was even talking about it the other night with my GF and how they're in danger of doing the same thing with Laurel as they did with Lana on Smallville. A potentially good actress and character, ruined by being written with the wrong intentions in mind. I get that these shows will have the love interest/triangle dynamics and things, I'm cool with that - but it just gets tiring after a while. I do wonder if they maybe turn Laurel into a villain, say once she finds out that Ollie is Arrow and she blames him for Tommy. Or they do more with the Sarah and have her take on the role of Black Canary instead. They've relegated her to complete background at the moment but I'm hoping they don't just turn her into Lana all over again.

that's a lot of black lines.....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@bruxae said:

I was JUST thinking of that exact comparison actually. I was even talking about it the other night with my GF and how they're in danger of doing the same thing with Laurel as they did with Lana on Smallville. A potentially good actress and character, ruined by being written with the wrong intentions in mind. I get that these shows will have the love interest/triangle dynamics and things, I'm cool with that - but it just gets tiring after a while. I do wonder if they maybe turn Laurel into a villain, say once she finds out that Ollie is Arrow and she blames him for Tommy. Or they do more with the Sarah and have her take on the role of Black Canary instead. They've relegated her to complete background at the moment but I'm hoping they don't just turn her into Lana all over again.

MORE LINES!

I was actually thinking that Sarah would be killed by the League of Assassins and Laurel would take up the Black Canary title out of respect..but now, I really don't see that happening.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman said:

@the_stegman said:

@wishiwassuperman said:

@bruxae said:

MORE LINES!

I was actually thinking that Sarah would be killed by the League of Assassins and Laurel would take up the Black Canary title out of respect..but now, I really don't see that happening.

Just for the fun of it...

We don't actually need to be using lines anymore since we're now talking about Arrow and it's speculation so we're not spoiling anything, but yeah I had the same thought, BUT like you after the last few episodes it wouldn't seem natural. And there's now too many potential love interests I think; Felicity, Laurel, Sara, Shado (although technically she's dead for now), the chick from Serenity... like really? Does Ollie need THAT much action without any actual commitment and weird/awkward dynamics, in only 2 seasons? So this is one area I think they need to get a clear direction on and stick with it and not repeat Smallville's Lana situation. Hopefully they will go somewhere with her though - there may be something we haven't thought of in the plans.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: @wishiwassuperman: The last episode is called Heir to the Demon so the league is definitely coming in but yeah... Idk how they will do anything more with Sarah and/or Laurel now.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@the_stegman: @wishiwassuperman: The last episode is called Heir to the Demon so the league is definitely coming in but yeah... Idk how they will do anything more with Sarah and/or Laurel now.

Talia maybe?

I'm calling it early - Shado was/is actually Talia and Yeo Fai ends up being Ra's - just for a plot twist. I mean everyone else we think was dead ends up being alive... why not them too?

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Possibly.

.... I would hate the show if they do end up doing that.... It's just soooo.... Lame.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Possibly.

.... I would hate the show if they do end up doing that.... It's just soooo.... Lame.

Agreed - but anything is possible and while I love the show, they've done a couple of things that have made me groan a bit of a "uggh... really? You're doing that?" already so I'm not putting anything past them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

@deathstroke19 said:

Talia maybe?

I'm calling it early - Shado was/is actually Talia and Yeo Fai ends up being Ra's - just for a plot twist. I mean everyone else we think was dead ends up being alive... why not them too?

I honestly thought Merlyn was gonna be Ra's for a second there.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@wishiwassuperman said:

@deathstroke19 said:

Talia maybe?

I honestly thought Merlyn was gonna be Ra's for a second there.

SAME! When he stepped out I'm like "NO WAY! They are NOT making him out to be Ra's and using the Lazarus pits?!?! Don't you dare!" But the thought of the Lazarus pits did excite me though - that they would have all that part of the characters in this universe - I like that they're slowly moving towards the "super" part of the source material and including less/more than natural things being behind some things.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deathstroke19

@the_stegman: That would have been awesome in the moment but kind of stupid after rationally thinking it over. @wishiwassuperman: Yeah that's true.