#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (6687 posts) - - Show Bio

So everyone remembers

Slade.

him right? Now the question I have for everyone is, you know the whole fan theory that Slade was actually Batman? What it is was true? What if that was a giant plot twist that spanned a couple of episodes, with Robin finding out and then him having to deal with the realization that his mentor was now a sociopath?

Now I know this wouldn't really happen to Batman, but humor me here folks. Would you actually find it ok? Would you be surprised? I actually would be, and think of it like a Empire Strikes Back moment.

"Alfred never told you what happened to Batman"

"He told me enough...he told me you killed him!"

"No...I am Batman!"

"No....no...thats not true! Thats impossible!"

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely used to think that Slade was Batman using a disguise to test Robin as a leader. I also couldn't seperate Teen Titans from the DCU until I realized it was pretty stylistically different....

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (6687 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely used to think that Slade was Batman using a disguise to test Robin as a leader. I also couldn't seperate Teen Titans from the DCU until I realized it was pretty stylistically different....

Its ok I used to think it too, would be a huge plot twist for sure if it was true...Batman a sociopath...wow! Who would see it coming?

#4 Edited by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie..I thought it was Batman a few times too, then again, I think everyone is Batman in disguise...I'm watching you mom.

#5 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a pretty interesting plot twist

#6 Posted by Wolfrazer (6687 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by SOG7dc (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

i was waiting for that episode where we would find out that it was batman. that's why he freaked out when robin kicked half of his mask off. I think that it would have been awesome. I could see bruce giving the illusion of him doing evil things and always having a contingency plan for if the titans couldn't "defeat" him. I think it would have been awesome if bruce wasn't a sociopath but a school of hard knocks teacher... some tough love for robin. that was an awesome series by the way

#8 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans Go doesn't do this series any favors. Amazing how underappreciated it is now. :l

Pretty intense if it had happened OP, good thing Bats was always a shining example of heroism for Robin. Slade tried to deviate him from his path of righteousness, luckily for the Titans Robin had a good teacher.

#9 Posted by Wolfrazer (6687 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I actually wouldn't mind Batman being a sociopath, because it would be such a huge "WTF" along with the plot twist that no one would ever see coming. Sure it would be a dramatic change in a character, but it would be an interesting twist on him it wouldn't need to be permanent though just for that continuity there.

#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, Kevin Conroy is batman

Perlman is slade

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx:

if they used conroy it would have been obvious. maybe they could have used conroy after revealing that it was batman and said he used some sort of voice changer

#12 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Never thought Slade was Batman but due felt, Slade had a secret fatherly affection for Robin.

#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise said:

Its ok I used to think it too, would be a huge plot twist for sure if it was true...Batman a sociopath...wow! Who would see it coming?

I remember watching an episode and my friend told me Slade was Batman I couldn't believe it but it made perfect sense at the time. Then as I got older I finallly learned who Deathstroke was I was so happy I just went into my room and cried.

#14 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Nope, Kevin Conroy is batman

Perlman is slade

you think Slade was Clayface?

#15 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13129 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade was Slade.

#16 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Black_Claw (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade was simply Slade Wilson. Honestly, the show would've never caused this much confusion if they just simply called him "Deathstroke" like he's supposed to be called.

#18 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade had sex with the blond chick tho right?

#19 Edited by comicace3 (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not gonna lie I thought he was bats too... Before I knew who Slade actually was. No seriously I thought Slade was some guy the creators made up to be the main antagonist for the Teen Titans. On a side note isn't it crazy they almost never show him without his mask? And they never call him death stroke?

#20 Edited by SliverBat (60 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason they never called him Deathstroke was because of the shows ratings believe it or not.

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (12684 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've loved it if it was Batman.

#22 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by RustyRoy (12684 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: You mean Slade was Hellboy?

#24 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by waezi2 (7536 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Slade is Robins adult clone? He want to prove that he is superior to the original by making his big brother his son? He tells him in more than one occasion that they are a lot alike. What if he is right?

#26 Posted by RustyRoy (12684 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Then he should have done what Heretic did