• 119 results
#51 Posted by Lateralus (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got done watching Spider-Man 2, Alfred Molina was a pretty awesome Doc Ock.

#52 Posted by Cap10nate (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great one that hasn't been mentioned is Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin.

#53 Edited by SC (13096 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebel_leader1: Hello. Please remember that CV's policy on no swearing in the forums extends to images and gifs as well please. Like text, swearing is allowed if censored (for example instead of crikey fudge, cr**ky f***ge) and this also extends to images/GIFs. Thank you.

Oh and nice thread. Uhm depending on what constitutes best, I am impartial to Michael Fassbender's Magneto and Tom Hiddleston's Loki.

#54 Edited by Cloakx14 (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/ Spider-man

Henry Cavill as Superman

Michael Shannon as Zod he made the character more complex not seen as the villian but trying to save his people.

Hugh Jackman as wolverine

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique she made me really like the character & is one of my favorite villians.

#55 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeffrey Dean Morgan - The comedian

#56 Edited by RunawayAvenger (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Fassbender is a brilliant Magneto in my opinion

#57 Posted by JennaR85 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Halle Berry owns the role of Storm (definitely not Catwoman though that's fo sho!)

i know it's favourite superhero. But Jim Carrey NAILED the Riddler (IMO)

#58 Posted by Ms-Lola (2713 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Robert Doweney Jr. as Iron Man. Patrick Stewart as Xavier. So many. We've been spoiled.

#59 Edited by Brolytard1337 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds perfectly portrayed Hal Jordan. And in my opinion, the Green Lantern movie was, and still is the best Superhero movie of its time.

#60 Posted by Tyger (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Another I will throw out there for honorable mention, Patrick Stewart as Professor X

Well, he did practice being an authoritative bald guy in a chair for about 7 years.

#61 Posted by iDude (414 posts) - - Show Bio

RDJ, can't beat his Tony Stark.

#62 Posted by sinestro_GL (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

#63 Posted by GravesGun (30 posts) - - Show Bio

EASY!

Karl Urban as Judge Joseph Dredd! Hands down the best comic book hero movie in the last 15 years!

#64 Posted by Thorverine (382 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll second Keaton. Without his portrayal, you could not get from Adam West to the Dark Knight.

#65 Posted by Chibi_cute (4540 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds perfectly portrayed Hal Jordan. And in my opinion, the Green Lantern movie was, and still is the best Superhero movie of its time.

HAHAHAHA. no

#66 Posted by Brolytard1337 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@brolytard1337 said:

HAHAHAHA. no

It's the truth. Admit it.

#67 Posted by MegaHGFan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@megahgfan: @rebel_leader1: @spider-man: so you guys are my new best friends. Chloe's portrayal of Hit-Girl was amazing in Kick-Ass, I am not a huge fan of the sequel though. Also mega hit girl fan, regardless of your name I am the bigger fan lol.

Good to see other Chloe and Hit-Girl fans on here. I still really liked the sequel, even if it wasn't as good as the first. It had some great moments and Chloe was still brilliant in it.

#68 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan: @rebel_leader1: @spider-man: so you guys are my new best friends. Chloe's portrayal of Hit-Girl was amazing in Kick-Ass, I am not a huge fan of the sequel though. Also mega hit girl fan, regardless of your name I am the bigger fan lol.

Good to see other Chloe and Hit-Girl fans on here. I still really liked the sequel, even if it wasn't as good as the first. It had some great moments and Chloe was still brilliant in it.

Yeah, don't get me wrong she was great, but the script wasn't and it left out a bunch of my favorite parts in Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl, especially the jail scene, that would have been so much better is that after the ending fight mindy drops Dave off at his house heads to the prison and kills ralphie, then Rocco could still work for the third movie.

#69 Posted by MegaHGFan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong she was great, but the script wasn't and it left out a bunch of my favorite parts in Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl, especially the jail scene, that would have been so much better is that after the ending fight mindy drops Dave off at his house heads to the prison and kills ralphie, then Rocco could still work for the third movie.I

I will agree that the script had some flaws, but was still overall good. I do wish that the movie was a bit longer, so they could fit in more of the stuff from the Hit-Girl series, plus a longer final battle. I love that scene in the jail at the end of Hit-Girl. I would have loved for them to do a stand alone Hit-Girl movie between 1 and 2, but I understand why they tried to combine Hit-Girl and Kick Ass 2 into one movie, but it could have had maybe 20 more minutes added to runtime.

I also wished that Mindy would have thrown that bully girl off the roof Batman style.

#70 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong she was great, but the script wasn't and it left out a bunch of my favorite parts in Kick-Ass 2 and Hit-Girl, especially the jail scene, that would have been so much better is that after the ending fight mindy drops Dave off at his house heads to the prison and kills ralphie, then Rocco could still work for the third movie.I

I will agree that the script had some flaws, but was still overall good. I do wish that the movie was a bit longer, so they could fit in more of the stuff from the Hit-Girl series, plus a longer final battle. I love that scene in the jail at the end of Hit-Girl. I would have loved for them to do a stand alone Hit-Girl movie between 1 and 2, but I understand why they tried to combine Hit-Girl and Kick Ass 2 into one movie, but it could have had maybe 20 more minutes added to runtime.

I also wished that Mindy would have thrown that bully girl off the roof Batman style.

Completely agree. The first movie was an hour and 57 minutes, I don't see why the second movie was about an hour and 43 minutes IIRC. I wish the prison scene would happened and that rooftop bully scene. I also love how in Kick-Ass 2 the comic she sacrifices herself to let Dave and the gang get away, I hated the happier ending in the movie, also the warehouse fight really downplayed how awesome a times square fight would have been.

#71 Posted by MegaHGFan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Completely agree. The first movie was an hour and 57 minutes, I don't see why the second movie was about an hour and 43 minutes IIRC. I wish the prison scene would happened and that rooftop bully scene. I also love how in Kick-Ass 2 the comic she sacrifices herself to let Dave and the gang get away, I hated the happier ending in the movie, also the warehouse fight really downplayed how awesome a times square fight would have been.

I would have loved a Time Square fight too, but it would have probably cost too much for the film's budget. I like the happier ending of the movie, since it would be kind of lame to have a sad ending for the Hit Girl of the movie universe, if they never got around to making the Kick Ass 3 movie.

#72 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I would have loved a Time Square fight too, but it would have probably cost too much for the film's budget. I like the happier ending of the movie, since it would be kind of lame to have a sad ending for the Hit Girl of the movie universe, if they never got around to making the Kick Ass 3 movie.

It definitely would have cost more, but the movie would have been better for it. A lot of the meaning in KA2 was lost in the movie, cause in the fight where they think they are the heroes the cops can't tell the difference and start arresting everybody. Also, the cliffhangerish ending would have been much better actually. Think about Star Wars, almost everybody likes The Empire Strikes Back the most. It had a sad ending, the whole movie was practically the heroes getting kicked around. I hated hated hated, how in KA2 movie that Mindy left and Dave already became a "real" hero. It almost completely closes the chances of having a third movie, if they would have left it on a cliffhanger, then more people would demand another.

#73 Edited by Omnicrono (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackman as Wolverine.

As much as I love RDJ's Tony Stark, it still many times feels like RDJ just being RDJ. Nothing wrong with that, but Jackman becomes Wolverine.

#74 Posted by Wolverine08 (42136 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackman as Wolverine.

As much as I love RDJ's Tony Stark, it still many times feels like RDJ just being RDJ. Nothing wrong with that, but Jackman becomes Wolverine.

Wouldn't really say that Jackman is Wolverine so much as that he can play an alternate version of Wolverine while still keeping some few key characteristics of Wolverine. If you contrast him with his comic book counterpart, they're not really similar.

#75 Edited by Omnicrono (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Wouldn't really say that Jackman is Wolverine so much as that he can play an alternate version of Wolverine while still keeping some few key characteristics of Wolverine. If you contrast him with his comic book counterpart, they're not really similar.

Fair enough.

From where I sit, he has expertly captured the essence of what made the character great to begin with... which is the most important thing... even if some of the minor details deviate a bit from the comics.

EDIT: And even from comic to comic the portrayal of characters can change in many ways.

#76 Edited by Wolverine08 (42136 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Fair enough.

From where I sit, he has expertly captured the essence of what made the character great to begin with, even if some of the minor details deviate a bit from the comics.

Yeah, I feel you mate. I read a lot of Wolverine and even though he isn't exactly like his comic counterpart, he has managed to give his own great interpretation(Isn't that what comic books are really?) that's fun to watch. Can't knock him for that.

#77 Posted by Omnicrono (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I feel you mate. I read a lot of Wolverine and even though he isn't exactly like his comic counterpart, he has managed to give his own great interpretation(Isn't that what comic books are really?) that's fun to watch. Can't knock him for that.

And it never feels like Hugh Jackman just being Hugh Jackman. ;p

#78 Posted by Racob7 (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, the Green Lantern movie was, and still is the best Superhero movie of its time.

#79 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren Beaty as Dick Tracy

RDJ as Tony Stark

Chris Evans as Cap

Chris Hemsworth as Thor

Jack Nicholson as Joker

btw. Heath Ledger's Joker sucked ass.

#80 Posted by MegaHGFan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

It definitely would have cost more, but the movie would have been better for it. A lot of the meaning in KA2 was lost in the movie, cause in the fight where they think they are the heroes the cops can't tell the difference and start arresting everybody. Also, the cliffhangerish ending would have been much better actually. Think about Star Wars, almost everybody likes The Empire Strikes Back the most. It had a sad ending, the whole movie was practically the heroes getting kicked around. I hated hated hated, how in KA2 movie that Mindy left and Dave already became a "real" hero. It almost completely closes the chances of having a third movie, if they would have left it on a cliffhanger, then more people would demand another.

I do agree that it would have made the movie better. Maybe hiring someone different than Jim Carrey would have given them the money to do the Times Square scene. Jim Carrey was great in his role, but it was lame that he didn't end up supporting movie. There are a lot of other actors that probably would have been awesome in that role as well. The ending of KA2, did feel like it could be the end of the film series, though I hope it isn't. I can kind of see the potential Empire Strikes Back similarity too, if it stuck with the comics ending. A while back, I read a rumor on some random blog stating a 3rd Kick Ass movie would focus on a grown Hit-Girl getting revenge for Dave's death. Now this rumor may have no merit, but if that is really what the 3rd movie will be, then it would be super awesome. By the time they make a 3rd film, Chloe will be old enough to play a late teens/early 20s Mindy.

#81 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

I do agree that it would have made the movie better. Maybe hiring someone different than Jim Carrey would have given them the money to do the Times Square scene. Jim Carrey was great in his role, but it was lame that he didn't end up supporting movie. There are a lot of other actors that probably would have been awesome in that role as well. The ending of KA2, did feel like it could be the end of the film series, though I hope it isn't. I can kind of see the potential Empire Strikes Back similarity too, if it stuck with the comics ending. A while back, I read a rumor on some random blog stating a 3rd Kick Ass movie would focus on a grown Hit-Girl getting revenge for Dave's death. Now this rumor may have no merit, but if that is really what the 3rd movie will be, then it would be super awesome. By the time they make a 3rd film, Chloe will be old enough to play a late teens/early 20s Mindy.

Jim Carrey was actually good though, and he is a huge fan of the comics, he wanted to be in it. Yeah, it was really really a dick move what he did, considering that the movie isn't even that bad. And because of what he did the movie was less successful. I don't like that idea, Kick-Ass 3 without Dave? no thank you, also you can't just ignore the justice forever and Todd and Marty.

#82 Edited by MegaHGFan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@megahgfan said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Jim Carrey was actually good though, and he is a huge fan of the comics, he wanted to be in it. Yeah, it was really really a dick move what he did, considering that the movie isn't even that bad. And because of what he did the movie was less successful. I don't like that idea, Kick-Ass 3 without Dave? no thank you, also you can't just ignore the justice forever and Todd and Marty.

Well, it wouldn't so much be a Kick Ass 3, but a Hit-girl spinoff. I guess, we may hear news of whether there is or isn't going to be another movie after the final issue gets published.

#83 Edited by i_like_swords (14254 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopeman aka the Man of Snapped Necks and Destroyed Cities

The Deep Voice Rises

Bane aka the man who feels no pain

Anyone Ryan Reynolds plays

Sabretooth from X-Men

A-a-a-a-n-d-d-d-d-ddd-dd-dd-rrrr-rr-r-ee-e-www-w G-g-g-g-aaaaa-rrr-f-f-f-i-e-e-e-lll-ll-d-d-d as Spider-Man

Mandarin

#84 Edited by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Cavill as Superman, since the op said "best" I won't be making a big list, a lot of actors did a good job portraying cbm characters.

#85 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

RDJ as Iron Man, no question.

#86 Edited by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Keanu Reeves Constantine(not really a super-hero). He gave a great performance

RDJ-Iron-man

I can't really think of anyone else who really gave a great performance as a Super-hero

#87 Edited by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: What?! But there is so many great actors portraying cb characters.

#88 Edited by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: None Who have deliver great performances or noticeable atleast.I mean Super-heroes for someone villians always deliver the best performances..

#89 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

JK Simmons. Though he wasn't a hero, by far the most comic accurate character on the silver screen.

#90 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap just read the OP I thought he meant be Super-hero Portrayal Well then

Heath Ledger

Michael Caine

Tom Hardy

Russel Crowe

Robert Redford

RDJ

Keanu Reeves

Tom Hiddleston

Christian Bale

James Mcavoy

Michael Fassbender

Their's probably more im missing...

#91 Edited by Onemoreposter (4047 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....Am I really the first person to say this?

Christopher Reeve. He made me believe a man could fly.

#92 Edited by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: Henry Cavill, Hugh Jackman, Karl Urban, James McAvoy, Christain Bale, Andrew Garfield, Chris Evans, etc... the list goes on.

#93 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@flameboy298: Henry Cavill, Hugh Jackman, Karl Urban, James McAvoy, Christain Bale, Andrew Garfield, Chris Evans, etc... the list goes on.

un-impressive mediocre actors.

#94 Posted by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I take that back about Chris Evans,but Henry Cavill yes he is.

#96 Posted by MatthewParker (2111 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

un-impressive mediocre actors.

You really dont like Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, and Andrew Garfeild?

#97 Edited by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: psshhhhhhhhh Henry Cavill was way better than Chris Evan's Cap.

#98 Posted by flameboy298 (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Not the better actor though. At all. He's on par with Chris Hemsworth.

#99 Edited by Ryagan (836 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Christopher Reeve as Superman
  • Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man (deal with it)
  • Chris Evans as Captain america
  • Christian Bale as Batman
  • Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
#100 Posted by ccraft (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: I'd say he is, Cavill expressed his emotions better than Evans has with Cap. I don't ever remember tearing up with a Cap scene, I have with a few scenes in MOS. Cavill just looks and feels like Superman.

Cavill >> Evans >> Hensworth