Similarities between MOS & earth one

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

I didn't realize til I sat down toread it now but there are alot f similarities. And some of them aren't in a good way IMO. I would actually have loved if they used earth one as a template or even a script for the movie but they took parts from earth one and IMO miss used them. I say after having enjoyed MOS thoroughly. But now after a few days passed Im taking an objective look at the film and honestly It was flawed. I'm still gonna buy it on bluray but they can still do better. But yeah back on topic MOS is very similar to superman earth one. Go check. You'll see. I'm right lol

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lolzstastic

They based a Superman movie on a SUPERMAN COMIC?! Oh, the humanity! Next thing you'll tell me is that they took quotes from All Star Superman and Secret Origin! And that Zod is a villain from the comics!

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well... Earth One villain is different, Kent started to work on the Planet earlier and did some cool things before, the suit is different. Altough they share similarities, they are completely different.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LaserLambert

yeah it had a quite a few elements from it, but saying Man of Steel is ripping it off, is like saying that Dark Knight Rises RIPPED OFF Knightfall.

also I'd just like to say, in MoS the characters weren't all giant pricks, and the evil alien overlord wasn't named "Tyrell" for some reason.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImagineMan16

I don't think you understand what "ripped off" means.

Or perhaps your title wasn't a typo, you actually mean "riped off" and I'm just not familiar with the term, in which case I apologize.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: Omg sarcasm

On the Internet??? Your the first person to ever do that! Gosh! What a maverick you are! Lol kidding. And I jut posted this because Im reading earth one now and it's remarkably similar. And I actually would have loved if they just used it A's the script.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

They based a Superman movie on a SUPERMAN COMIC?! Oh, the humanity! Next thing you'll tell me is that took quotes from All Star Superman and Secret Origin! And that Zod is a villain from the comics!

Lol. Appropriate sarcasm. :D

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn: I realize that but I was just making note of how remarkably similar they are. There are differences yes but there are even what appears to be planet harvester machines in earth one and the gravity gun thing.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SOG7dc

@imagineman16: I understan what it means but I was using hyperbole. Sheesh a guy makes one comment about the similarities between a movie and comic and everyone chops my head off

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lolzstastic

@sog7dc said:

Sheesh a guy makes one comment about the similarities between a movie and comic and everyone chops my head off

No, you weren't doing that. You were complaining that the makers of a comic book movie had the nerve of drawing inspiration from a comic book.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SOG7dc

@lolzstastic: Complaining? I actually said I enjoyed the film thoroughly if you read the entire OP and I just took note that they took some things and misused them "IMO" so I'm sorry if my opinion offended you.

Edit: oh and you misses the part of that quote where I said I was using hyperbole

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

They based a Superman movie on a SUPERMAN COMIC?! Oh, the humanity! Next thing you'll tell me is that took quotes from All Star Superman and Secret Origin! And that Zod is a villain from the comics!

This.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Since when does drawing things from source material count as a rip off? That's sort of like saying the Hobbit ripped off chapter 5 of the Hobbit.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Since when does drawing things from source material count as a rip off? That's sort of like saying the Hobbit ripped off chapter 5 of the Hobbit.

If anything, a movie drawing inspiration from a comic book is a good thing. A very good thing, as long as it's done well.

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: "MOS totally riped (sic) off earth one!"

Sounds like an aggressive standpoint to me.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: Dude it's called hyperbole. Relax. I enjoyed the film too. It's just that I wanted to point out (I admit in a demonstrative way) the similarities. Don't have to bite my head off

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Hyperbole is not needed then. Just say "Hey guys, did you notice that the movie has some similarities with this comic?", not a title that practically screams "HEY FOLKS THE GUYS WHO MADE THIS MOVIE TOTALLY STOLE FROM THIS COMIC!"

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lolzstastic: I exaggerated yes but I don't deserve to be ridiculed for bing imperfect. Gould I have just been stoic and straight to the point? In hindsight yes. But I wasn't trying to vilify or excoriate the people behind MOS because as I stated in the OP I enjoyed the film throughly

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lolzstastic

@sog7dc: Ridiculed? Since when? Just because I used sarcasm and people found it funny or agreed with my point? Oh, come on!

I'm done here.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SOG7dc

@lolzstastic: Done? Your leaving?

1. There are a ton of rude people on comicvine

2. How am I to read your intentions in text

3. I'm all for admitting when I'm wrong and if I offended you I apologize

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: No, I meant I'm done with this discussion.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@lolzstastic: Done? Your leaving?

1. There are a ton of rude people on comicvine

2. How am I to read your intentions in text

3. I'm all for admitting when I'm wrong and if I offended you I apologize

says the guy surprised when people didn't read the intentions in his own text.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert: I CLEARLY stated that I enjoyed the film but thought thy misused some of the things they took from earth one. I wish you guys would actually read the entire OP

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They based a Superman movie on a SUPERMAN COMIC?! Oh, the humanity! Next thing you'll tell me is that they took quotes from All Star Superman and Secret Origin! And that Zod is a villain from the comics!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh....to many MOS threads already.