SILVER SURFER THE GREAT

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After year of studying the super heroes and villains, I have concluded that Silver Surfer is the most complex and difficult to defeat. His conquest of Galactus should have proven he's capable of beating anyone out there. And that includes Thanos, Darkseid, Apocoloypse, Anti-Monitor, Amazo, Onslaught, Doomsday etc. He also took down Victor Von Doom with ease when challenged. The only one who I would put ahead of Surfer is Oden and maybe Vision.

http://whatculture.com/comics/10-most-powerful-superheroes-of-all-time.php/11

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not that strong. Thor consistently beats him. Galactus is much more powerful than SS , and so are many others

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

k.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kgb725 said:

He's not that strong. Thor consistently beats him. Galactus is much more powerful than SS , and so are many others

That's because they almost always fight in Thor comics.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer holds back or is nerfed because he's in a characters book (Thor for ex.). With all his powers it's no way he should lose to people below Thanos level. The guys humbled Nova who had the full Nova Force and Worldmind, fought and beat two Galactus level beings ( Tenebrous and Aegis), surfed an Earth size moon into Galactus and recently opened a stargate large enough to transport 3 BILLION ships WITHOUT AN AMP.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer holds back or is nerfed because he's in a characters book (Thor for ex.). With all his powers it's no way he should lose to people below Thanos level. The guys humbled Nova who had the full Nova Force and Worldmind, fought and beat two Galactus level beings ( Tenebrous and Aegis), surfed an Earth size moon into Galactus and recently opened a stargate large enough to transport 3 BILLION ships WITHOUT AN AMP.

Too bad some people don't get it.

ericmbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. He holds back because he is such a complex character, but power or no, the best thing about Silver Surfer is he reads like literature and is very philosophical. I love beneficent and objective heroes and anti-heroes.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fully-powered Tyrant would beat him, as he is practically on par with Galactus.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dmullen68: You put vision above Darkseid Thanos and Anti-Monitor LOL

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

Until Vision and Thor battle, I'm taking Vision. Vision has never, ever been defeated and Thor has been rocked on occasions. Surfer is ranked in many rankings at number 1. I do agree, Thor did get the best of Surfer on a couple of occasions, but Surfer felt some compassion rather than destory Thor.

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision would have absolutely no problems handling Thanos. Surfer also would kick the crap out of Thanos. Thanos more than likely would get his flunky Ronan to fight his battles or maybe his daughter Nebula.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like Silver Surfer too but he tends to get more credit than most others on his tier, to the point of handling multiple similar characters. I don't speak for the DC characters you listed because I don't know whether Silver Surfer can beat them or not but most of the Marvel characters you listed would technically be a little too difficult for him to take down.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Nope surfer holds back and thor is a joke to him as he says right here after kicking his ass

No Caption Provided

also surfer one shot cancerverse thor

No Caption Provided

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The surfer is amazingly powerful

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Thor is the king of holding back and yes I know SS is more powerful but on panel Thor usually ends up victorious

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmullen68: Hulk and She-Hulk have beaten Vision. Ronan doesn't work for Thanos and even tried ro fight him

QueenAnt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:
@kgb725 said:

Nope surfer holds back and thor is a joke to him as he says right here after kicking his ass

No Caption Provided

also surfer one shot cancerverse thor

No Caption Provided

this

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rest my case. Silver Surfer is the most powerful and when he's motivated and not bored would wipe the floor with Thor. It would be over in a matter of minutes. Plus, if Thor even through his Mjolnir at the Surfer, the Surfers board would absorb it. After that occurs, Surfer would finish off Thor with a cosmic blast.

dmullen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk and She Hulk have never beaten Vision. Now that's delusional. Show me the proof. If you ask a lot of the junkies behind closed doors, they will tell you that Vision is one of the most complex and difficult super heroes to figure out. He's never had to unleash his full arsenal of weapons nor has he had an all out battle with any one villian. Bottom line is he can't be defeated. He has no weaknesses.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

WTF? surfer beating anti-monitor?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpty bump

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Surfer simply cannot beat Thanos

And galactus? Surfer is just a fragment of Galan's pinky

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting Vision above Anti Monitor and Thanos destroyed the credibility of this thread right from the OP

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KanyeCosby

He would still lose to superheroes like Silver Age Superman

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao

Incredible_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Motivated Surfer is up there in the top tier, but his feats are all over the place since he is a pacifist, and he holds back a lot for various reasons