Silicon Valley's T.J. Miller Reveals His Role in the Deadpool Film

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Comedian, the voice of Fred inBig Hero 6, and the actor who plays Erlich on HBO's Silicon Valley, T.J. Miller was cast for the upcoming Deadpool film last month, but on Twitter this week, he revealed who he was playing.

While the thought never popped in my head that Miller would be playing Weasel in the upcoming Deadpool movie, this makes perfect sense. Miller really fits the comedic mold of this character and the world he lives in.

No Caption Provided

What do you think of the casting choice here? Deadpool is scheduled to open up on February 12, 2016.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Bob better be in this movie

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

My first thought when I saw his picture was, "Weasel."

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still mad about Baraka-Pool in the Wolverine movie. I have no faith in these people whatsoever. Give Marvel their s*** back. All of it. Now.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The Lobster

@allstarsuperman said:

Bob better be in this movie

That is probably impossible because.....

A) Because Marvel own the right to Hydra, and would never in a million years lease it out to FOX.

B) Everything that could be done with Bob in a movie, can be done with Weasel. So there's not point in having two characters that serve the same function. They're both pretty much the same character except Weasel is technologically smart and is a little less willing to put up with Deadpool's goofiness. Making him a bit more valuable to Deadpool, opposed to the hilariously incompetent Bob.

C) Weasel was Deadpool's buddy first, so makes sense that he takes priority over Bob in terms of appearing in another media.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

I am still mad about Baraka-Pool in the Wolverine movie. I have no faith in these people whatsoever. Give Marvel their s*** back. All of it. Now.

Have you not seen this?

Loading Video...

....Or this....

No Caption Provided

By the looks of things, they're heading in the right direction. Plus, FOX has kind of been on a roll with their big budget films. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was phenominal, and X-men Days of Futures Past was really good.

I think the movie will do just fine.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean that the movie is drawing from the Kelly run? My hopes for this movie have skyrocketed if that is the case

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Have you not seen this?

Loading Video...

....Or this....

No Caption Provided

By the looks of things, they're heading in the right direction. Plus, FOX has kind of been on a roll with their big budget films. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was phenominal, and X-men Days of Futures Past was really good.

These are indeed cool. Makes the Wolverine movie even MORE infuriating. Is Baraka-Pool somehow going to transform into the "real" Deadpool? Are they just going to pretend it never happened?

I am just saying these people are f***ing idiots and I don't trust them. If they stumble into something decent after 10 movies, great. They will have to make 10 more to produce something else decent. NERD RAGE!!!!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

you didnt think he would be weasel? thats the only character people have been speculating he would play

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Damn you Marvel!! You should've gotten Pauly Shore...He IS The Weasel!!

No Caption Provided

JK...T.J. Miller will do great.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@edblank said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@edblank said:

Have you not seen this?

Loading Video...

....Or this....

No Caption Provided

These are indeed cool. Makes the Wolverine movie even MORE infuriating. Is Baraka-Pool somehow going to transform into the "real" Deadpool? Are they just going to pretend it never happened?

I am just saying these people are f***ing idiots and I don't trust them. If they stumble into something decent after 10 movies, great. They will have to make 10 more to produce something else decent. NERD RAGE!!!!

In a comedic way, Yes and No. the script leaked years ago and was taken down; however, a few people got to read it and not only was it hilarious, but it also makes fun of Wolverine Origins.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

aaaand now im back to hating it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

cool

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Interesting

ilgoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T.J. Miller (or rather his character or how he is written with TJ in the role) is the reason I can't stand SV, just hope he's better in this...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@edblank said:

Have you not seen this?

Loading Video...

....Or this....

No Caption Provided

Did you not see DoFP? They retconned X-men 3 and Origins out of continuity.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The REAL Deadpool is coming!!! yay!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Loading Video...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm cool with this. I was kind of hoping he was going to be the voice of one of Deadpool's thought boxes thought :P

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is going to be great.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I'm cool with this. I was kind of hoping he was going to be the voice of one of Deadpool's thought boxes thought :P

The writers have made it well known that they're not using the voices because it wouldn't work in a film medium.

On a personal scale, I'm glad they're not using them. The voices were one of the worst additions to Deadpool ever. He's not The Merc With A Mouth if all the jokes are inside his head.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@edblank said:

Have you not seen this?

Loading Video...

....Or this....

No Caption Provided

Not only did X-men Days of Future Past pretty much remove X-men 3 and Wolverine Origins out of film continuity. But the leaked script also ignores Baraka-pool. Deadpool does make a joke about it at one point, but that's about it.

The producer, director, and Ryan Reynolds have all said that they're ignoring Wolverine Origins with this spin-off. This is a completely new Wade Wilson.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: It could work in a film medium. It worked great in the cut scenes of the video game. I don't follow movie news much so i enjoy it more when I see it. If they didn't want to use the voice boxes that's fine, but i think saying it wouldn't work is a bit unimaginative.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It says the f-word in that tweet. Can we please ban him, mods?

It makes me feel really uncomfortable :/

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The Lobster

@teerack said:

@the_lobster_: It could work in a film medium. It worked great in the cut scenes of the video game. I don't follow movie news much so i enjoy it more when I see it. If they didn't want to use the voice boxes that's fine, but i think saying it wouldn't work is a bit unimaginative.

I disagree, it didn't work great in the video game. I personally felt that It came off as cheesy and the voices weren't really needed. But that's my likes and dislikes vs your likes and dislikes, so there's really no point debating that notion because at the end of the day odds are neither of us are going to change our minds (And we really shouldn't have to).

I will however debate what you said about the writers.....The writers aren't being unimaginative. Having read the leaked script when it came out, I can safely say that the tone is very much inspired by Joe Kelly's run in the 90's. Since Joe Kelly pretty much wrote the book on how to write Deadpool and his run is pretty much consider the definitive Deadpool run, makes sense to base the script and film off his comic book run. Joe Kelly didn't use the voices in his run (Because they weren't around then and Joe Kelly would rather explore Deadpool's character through his side characters and not voices in his head like Daniel Way wanted to do when he created the voices), so they probably didn't feel the need to include them. Plus I'd bet that the goofy and juvenile tone the voices comes with, probably wouldn't mesh well with the harsh, mature, sad clown story they would be telling.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_: It is still unimaginative to say something like that can't work. Have you ever seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? There is a way to make an inner voice a huge part of a movie work amazingly.

I'm not saying they didn't say it wouldn't work, but that statement is just unimaginative.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Lobster

@teerack said:

@the_lobster_: It is still unimaginative to say something like that can't work. Have you ever seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? There is a way to make an inner voice a huge part of a movie work amazingly.

I'm not saying they didn't say it wouldn't work, but that statement is just unimaginative.

I think you missed my point. The voices probably weren't added in because It would clash with the tone that Joe Kelly's run was famous for. A tone they're obviously trying to imitate.

I have seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and surprisingly enough, there was a moment in the leaked script very much like it. Spoilers ahead....Where the film starts in the middle and after the opening credits Deadpool talks to the audience, and actually rewinds the movies so the audience can go back and learn how he got to this point. Very much like the beginning to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with the magic trick scene. But again, that's more breaking the 4th wall and having an inner monologue, nothing like having the main character hear voices in his head.

Granted, maybe the voices could work. Heck, Ryan Reynolds has a movie coming out called "The Voices" where he plays a man who thinks his cat and dog are talking to him and trying to get him to kill people. But, I'm trying to make the point is that they really don't need the voices at all. Because it would clash with the tone they're trying imitate, and because odds are the voices really aren't needed. Anything that could be done with the voices, can be done by inner monologue or by having Deadpool interact with other characters in the film. The voices would just end up feeling tacked on or unnecessary, and that's a BIG no-no when it comes to making films. It's a little writing law called Chekhov's Gun. If something doesn't serve a purpose to the story, than it shouldn't be there.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main beef with Baraka-Pool is not whether it is still canon: IT'S THE FACT THEY EVER DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. They wrote it, filmed it, edited it, showed it to focus groups, and it made it through all those stages. They thought it was good cause they released it.

me trusting them to do right this time and be happy about it is akin to getting cheated on by a mate, then being happy they decided to give the relationship another shot.

F*** THEM. (nerd rage..)