Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Hi ComicVIne

I am going to be doing a series where I cast comic book movies, most of them are going to be movies that I like personally, but I am open to suggestions for casting. And the first movie I will be casting is a Jason Todd Batman movie, which I have titled "Revenge of the Red Hood" And without further ado, here is my casting with explanations for why I picked who I picked! Enjoy! :)

Batman/Bruce Wayne: Liev Schreiber

No Caption Provided

When I think of Batman, the most important thing is for him to have an intimidating and forceful personality. Liev Schreiber can be EXTREMELY intimidating and forceful as we've seen in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He is NOT someone who you would want to mess with, and I feel like villains would simply get goosebumps looking in his eyes. However, he can also be sympathetic and tortured like we saw in Defiance. The scenes where he's speaking with Joker about Jason's death would be awesome to watch, and I really do think that Liev could not only be a better Batman than Bale or Keaton, but possibly the best Batman ever.

Red Hood/Jason Todd: Wes Bentley

No Caption Provided

Bentley is an extremely underrated actor, mostly because most of his great performances are in terrible movies. However, he really does have plenty of performances that would suggest he could make a killer Jason Todd. He's played the tragic and sympathetic yet rough rebel in American Beauty as well as the edgy and intimidating Blackheart in the otherwise terrible Ghost Rider movie. I really think if he could get another comeback movie in a role like this, he would not only be a fantastic and memorable Jason Todd, but perhaps a fan favorite with a highly successful career on the rise.

The Joker: Dominic Cooper

No Caption Provided

There are an extremely limited number of actors that legitimately scare me...Dominic Cooper is one of those. That seems like a pretty weird statement, especially from those who only know him in roles like his cameo in Captain America. However, if you saw him in The Devil's Double, you know that he can easily pull of a character as twisted and evil as The Joker. Cooper plays his character Uday Hussein in that movie with an extremely twisted sense of humor, most often involving sexual sadism and cruelty. Cooper was terrifying and disturbing, really becoming that character. He is a madman that acts only out of impulse, lust, wrath and pleasure...Remind you of someone we know? Give him some Joker makeup and plenty of dialogue to let him chew the scenery, and Cooper could be the next Ledger.

Nightwing/Dick Grayson: Chris Pine

No Caption Provided

Pine has a cockiness and headstrong attitude in his acting that would be perfect for Nightwing. Say what you want about the new Star Trek movies, but Chris Pine does a fine job in both of them definitely having fun with the character. I could definitely see him in the role of Nightwing and being a light counter-balance to Jason Todd and Batman's darkness. And is anybody else surprised he hasn't been in a comic book movie before?

Director: Mark Steven Johnson

No Caption Provided

Yeah, this is purely opinion, but I honestly REALLY loved Daredevil. Like REALLY loved it! Obviously, that will probably spark controversy, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I did. The Director's Cut has been far more positively received than the theatrical version, however, and with good reason as it honestly is a far better movie. I think the tone of Steven Johnson's Daredevil: Director's Cut would be perfect for Batman: Revenge of the Red Hood; a gritty, dark, noir style revenge film. PERFECT

Stay tuned next time when I cast a Spider-Man reboot!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Some interesting choices. I must admit that I don't agree with most of these. Schreiber because for all his skill as intimidating. I've never seen an appropriate performance of him as sophisticated and intellectual. Not saying he plays morons. But none of his characters were anything but blue collar. Which is fine but if he had to play a batman character, he should be something like a revamped croc (with make-up from the crew that did the hellboy movie) or maybe.

Wes Bentley just doesn't do anything for me. Cooper has talent and charisma but I just don't see joker looking at him. He doesn't have the physique. Better swap him for someone with a closer physique and attitude.

Chris Pine as Nightwing I can see. I personally don't like him as an actor but he has the kind of acting style and attitude that fits with Nightwing. So I can get behind that

Mark Steven Johnson should be kept as far away from any super-hero movies forever.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Some interesting choices. I must admit that I don't agree with most of these. Schreiber because for all his skill as intimidating. I've never seen an appropriate performance of him as sophisticated and intellectual. Not saying he plays morons. But none of his characters were anything but blue collar. Which is fine but if he had to play a batman character, he should be something like a revamped croc (with make-up from the crew that did the hellboy movie) or maybe.

Wes Bentley just doesn't do anything for me. Cooper has talent and charisma but I just don't see joker looking at him. He doesn't have the physique. Better swap him for someone with a closer physique and attitude.

Chris Pine as Nightwing I can see. I personally don't like him as an actor but he has the kind of acting style and attitude that fits with Nightwing. So I can get behind that

Mark Steven Johnson should be kept as far away from any super-hero movies forever.

1) I think Schreiber has the voice to play a sophisticated and intelligent character, he could play that demeanor pretty well. However, I'd want this Batman to be more based on his menace and intimidation than say suaveness or sophistication.

2) I think if Cooper slimed down a little more and got a great makeup job, he could totally pull of Joker. Get Rick Baker working on that shit and we got ourselves a great Joker.

3) I can understand your attitude, but I really do love Daredevil and think that his approach that he used for that film good be put to good use for Revenge of the Red Hood.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

This makes me want to gouge out my own soul and defecate on it while crying tears of tapioca pudding and burning all of my hair with matches.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

This makes me want to gouge out my own soul and defecate on it while crying tears of tapioca pudding and burning all of my hair with matches.

I can feel your anger...Gives you FOCUS! Makes you STRONGER! >:)

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joygirl said:

There there. the DD movie can't hurt you anymore unless you let it.