• 66 results
#1 Edited by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

No disrespect to BTAS, but it obviously wasn't the best show ever made in history. What were shows you enjoyed more than BTAS?

#2 Edited by Xwraith (18305 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen all of Justice League Unlimited, but what I've seen was at least as good, if not better than B:TAS.

#3 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Gargoyles was the only the show I liked better than BTAS as a kid. In more recent times, though, A:TLA kind of blows it away.

#5 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@nico4ever: omg gargoyles! Lol I totally forgot about that show haha I used to watch it after school all the time

#6 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Aeon Flux......

#7 Edited by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep it coming, mates.

#8 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

avatar: the last airbender. for now, this is the best show i've ever seen.

#9 Edited by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Young Justice

#10 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

is that all you've got?

#11 Posted by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Watching it now its incredibly cheesy, but Ultimate Muscle. It was the weekend, I hated school for many reasons..so I was glad to be home. Flip on WB on a Saturday morning and my day was made. That and The Tick..although it was short lived. And lastly...Spiderman the animated series. Was always more into spidey.

#12 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider Man and Avengers Assemble. Lol.

#13 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice out of the recent stuff I think is far superior. I also always thought JLU was better too because of the diversity. The two Avengers shows over the last couple of years have been ok... But I don't think they're any better than BTAS.

There's always Super Friends... Lol

#14 Posted by Pr0metheus (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoons or any show?

The Last Airbender & Breaking Bad

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@nico4ever: omg gargoyles! Lol I totally forgot about that show haha I used to watch it after school all the time

i have a season of it on dvd, that show was fan freakin tastic.

#16 Posted by eternalnature (364 posts) - - Show Bio

young justice

#17 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Wolfrazer (6745 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond.

#19 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as super hero shows it was the best. You could attribute JLU and more modern stuff being better but thats only because its well, more current and had better animation and existed in a time where comic books were more popular.

#20 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I thought BTAS was the all time supreme show God made himself.

#21 Posted by jeanespinosa21 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: well it was still a great show and exaggerated a lot because of the nostalgia i mean that show brought me into comics as a kid. And i would argue DBZ but thats anime so i dont know if that counts.

#22 Edited by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU and Young Justice.

#24 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Beware The Batman

Fate Zero

Samurai Jack

Mystery Incoperated

Avatar (which reminds me I should be watching legend of Korra right now)

#25 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

Dexter, Wilfred, Redwall.

#26 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. BTAS is the best! JLU is the closest to beating it.

#27 Posted by JediXMan (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League / Unlimited.

#28 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

that's all?

#29 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Death Note.

#30 Edited by HumanRocket (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

Jl and JLU always come in mind

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

Counting only cartoons (not anime)...Batman Beyond is far and away my favorite cartoon.

I also loved Gargoyles.

#33 Edited by Strider92 (16496 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spawn TAS was awesome. The best animated series based on comics imo!

#34 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Cartoons: Gargoyles, Batman Beyond, Young Justice, JLU, Samurai Jack, and Animaniacs

Adult Cartoons: Daria, Futurama, The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo

Live action shows: Justified, Twilight Zone, Supernatural, and Spartacus.

#35 Edited by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred Superman: TAS

#36 Edited by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think it was the best animated series ever but Batman Beyond, X-Men, Spider-Man and JL/JLU are very close 2nds :)

#38 Posted by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

that's all?

#39 Edited by mightyrearranger (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even think of an animated series that would rival it tone-wise for me, since I prefer it over JLU. But if we're going outside of the superhero drama/serial, then I prefer Courage the Cowardly Dog and Superjail. That's it.

I do like me some Hellsing though... :)

#40 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#41 Posted by NukeA6 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: The Animated Series is one of the best superhero cartoons ever made but it's severely overrated. Most fanboys won't even admit that it had a couple of bad episodes (i.e. Batman in My Basement). Justice League Unlimited, on the other hand, had no lame episodes and was the pinnacle of the DCAU.

Personally, I think Batman: The Brave and the Bold is better than Batman: TAS as every episode was fun and interesting and while the final episode sucked, it sucked because it was the entire point of it (Bat-Mite wanted to destroy the show's ratings and get it canceled) and ended up being one of the most original episodes ever produced for a superhero cartoon. Of course, Batman: TAS fanboys hate it because they think Batman has to always be dark and brooding even though Batman has been light-hearted in the Silver Age and 60s live-action show (as well as his appearances in Scooby Doo and Super Friends). Well I hope they had fun with the flawed The Batman and are enjoying Beware The Batman.

#42 Edited by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

My picks are:

1) Batman tas

2) Gargoyles

3) X-Men tas

#43 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben 10 (original series)

#44 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I could probably name 20 shows I prefer over Batman TAS.....

#45 Posted by _Gaff_ (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

concerning comics: Young Justice, Never thought Aqualad would be my favorite character. But they made him such a compelling character. Killing a bunch of aliens instead of blowing his cover, didn't expect that kind of morel complexity from a show designed for children.

#46 Edited by TheCannon (18785 posts) - - Show Bio

Only using comic shows (cause saying any shows would just be a stomp):

• Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (whatever you want to call it)
  • Young Justice
  • Batman Beyond
  • Static Shock
  • Spider-Man (the 90s show)
  • X-Men: TAS
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • The Spectacular Spider-Man
  • Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  • Superman: The Animated Series
#47 Edited by RetconCrisis (3891 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Unlimited

Young Justice

If we're counting non-American shows that are animated:

Cowboy Bebop

Dragon Ball / DBZ (my childhood :P)

Bleach (it's loooooonnnngggggg)

and multiple other miscellanious animes

#48 Edited by ganon15 (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightyrearranger said:

I can't even think of an animated series that would rival it tone-wise for me, since I prefer it over JLU. But if we're going outside of the superhero drama/serial, then I prefer Courage the Cowardly Dog and Superjail. That's it.

I do like me some Hellsing though... :)

@nukea6 said:

Batman: The Animated Series is one of the best superhero cartoons ever made but it's severely overrated. Most fanboys won't even admit that it had a couple of bad episodes (i.e. Batman in My Basement). Justice League Unlimited, on the other hand, had no lame episodes and was the pinnacle of the DCAU.

Personally, I think Batman: The Brave and the Bold is better than Batman: TAS as every episode was fun and interesting and while the final episode sucked, it sucked because it was the entire point of it (Bat-Mite wanted to destroy the show's ratings and get it canceled) and ended up being one of the most original episodes ever produced for a superhero cartoon. Of course, Batman: TAS fanboys hate it because they think Batman has to always be dark and brooding even though Batman has been light-hearted in the Silver Age and 60s live-action show (as well as his appearances in Scooby Doo and Super Friends). Well I hope they had fun with the flawed The Batman and are enjoying Beware The Batman.

@thecannon said:

Only using comic shows (cause saying any shows would just be a stomp):

• Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (whatever you want to call it)
  • Young Justice
  • Batman Beyond
  • Static Shock
  • Spider-Man (the 90s show)
  • X-Men: TAS
  • Wolverine and the X-Men
  • The Spectacular Spider-Man
  • Green Lantern: The Animated Series
  • Superman: The Animated Series

I'm not talking about just comic-based cartoons, I mean any animated show in general you think is/are better than BTAS.

#49 Posted by mightyrearranger (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

@nukea6 said:

Justice League Unlimited, on the other hand, had no lame episodes and was the pinnacle of the DCAU.

I'm not very keen on "Tabula Rasa", personally.

Also, a number of episodes featuring certain favorite characters (Felix Faust, The Shade, etc...) were average or respectable, but not even close to on par with some comic tales featuring them. It was a very good show all in all, just as BTAS was.

BTAS was nice for it's unique depictions of certain villains. There were a lot of plots that really set the show's baddies apart from their comic exploits without watering down or lowballing the characters. That being said, one of my favorite re-imaginings was the New Adventures version of Scarecrow. :)

#50 Edited by NukeA6 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Those were the cartoons out of all of them that I thought were better than Batman: TAS although, it's hard to compare cartoons like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons to that because they are on a different category. Also I can't mention any anime because I'm not a fan of it.