lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By lykopis

@IrishX: @Queso6p4:

Thanks, I just got back from visiting home so I'm a little heartsick. I think comic stores are so under-appreciated. :)

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#102  Edited By Queso6p4

@lykopis: Definitely agree with you there. The community feeling they can have is irreplaceable.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By IrishX
@YoungJustice: Thanks for posting. Looks like a great store. Should take a photo of the front and add that as well though.
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By YoungJustice

@IrishX said:

@YoungJustice: Thanks for posting. Looks like a great store. Should take a photo of the front and add that as well though.

Thanks, here is one.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By IrishX
@YoungJustice: Cool. I like the video in the link as well. Seem like good people who really care about comics.
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By YoungJustice

@IrishX said:

@YoungJustice: Cool. I like the video in the link as well. Seem like good people who really care about comics.

Yeah, they are cool people.

And more nerdy than every person on Comicvine combined and doubled, like seriously, you can ask them when Superman used his heat vsion first, they will give you.

• The exact date and time the comic came out
  • The issue number
  • The page number
  • The panel
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Onemoreposter

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By IrishX
@Onemoreposter: Wow, fitting name. Place looks massive.
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Onemoreposter

@IrishX: It is, but obviously it's not all comics. There's a large area with tables set up for gaming and tv's hooked up to consoles behind that for pay-to-play video gaming. Then at least half the store is collectibles, books, movies, toys, and other memorabilia. They have a pretty large selection of back issues going back to about the early 90's that are all priced at the same value they were when they were released which was my favorite thing about it when I first started going. It's hard to find complete runs though :(

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By IrishX
@Onemoreposter: Still that's pretty awesome too. Neither store in my area has really anything for collectibles or memorablia. Sounds great.
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Onemoreposter

@IrishX: It is a cool place. I don't mean to down play that. I live in a pretty big city though with quite a few comic shops, so I've gotten a little spoiled and picky. However, Sci-Fi City is only 15 minutes down the road so it's become the place where I generally go now to get weeklies or scrounge through back issues. There's this one shop at a mall about half an hour/45 minutes away and it has the largest amount of back issues in the state I think. All they do is comics there and nothing else. I love it, but I almost never make it out there

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#114  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Why not watch me give an actual tour of my store with G-Man, filmed like 4 years ago, and uploaded last year. Enjoy!

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Onemoreposter

@inferiorego: Very cool. Now are you the manager there?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#116  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Onemoreposter said:

@inferiorego: Very cool. Now are you the manager there?

I quit three months ago. I only teach now... oh, and work here.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By IrishX
@inferiorego: Nice. Thanks for posting the video. 
kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By kuonphobos
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dmkicksballs13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By dmkicksballs13

@YoungJustice: Dude the amount of TPB there is ridiculous.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By YoungJustice

@dmkicksballs13 said:

@YoungJustice: Dude the amount of TPB there is ridiculous.

TPB?

MACarpenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MACarpenter

@YoungJustice: Trade Paperback

comic_loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By comic_loner

briangsharon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By briangsharon
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Red Nails 2 in Toronto,Ontario
Red Nails 2 in Toronto,Ontario
geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By geoff2005

I have 2 comics shops I get pulls from and they are both in the same building. The picture below isnt exactly my store but it is in the building below.

my first store the Pull list discount is 25% off plus every 9 comics you get 1 free. I was able to get an annual from last week for free

my second store is a dollar off cover price + no tax.

Stan Lee will be coming this weekend.

Im pretty glad to have these shops down the street from my house

No Caption Provided
Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Skunkstein
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I just censored the second picture since i have no idea if they want their faces shown online.

Anyway - STRIBELADEN! - this is my hood! Its a semi small shop located in Aarhus, Denmark. We have like 300 thousand people living in the city and we have two comic book shops, this one however is the one ive always used. Awesome place, with awesome people.. In the second picture you can see the table where employes and customers can sit down, talk, drink a cup of coffee and read comics if they want - very chill, its much more relaxed shop than any other ive ever been in, its great.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By z3ro180

why cant glasgow have shops like this :(

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By IrishX
@briangsharon@geoff2005@Skunkstein: Thanks for posting. Cool looking places for sure.
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#130  Edited By Icon

I go to a place called 4 Colour - 8 Bit. It's a comics and games shop in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Skunkstein

@Icon:Wow looks cool. Was there a reason there was that crowded in the shop that day? Seems very laid back, i like that people are sitting and drawing, reading etc.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Icon

@Skunkstein: Yeah it gets busy sometimes when they have an artist gallery showing or a signing. They also have game competitions which are popular.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#133  Edited By JairamGanpat
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The owner kicking some Nightcrawler cosplayer's butt and the front of the shop :)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By lykopis

@Icon: Cool seeing a Queen's University jacket in one of the pics. :)

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Icon

@lykopis said:

@Icon: Cool seeing a Queen's University jacket in one of the pics. :)

Yes. XD

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#136  Edited By kartron

@comic_loner: An a fellow lone starer!

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Mortein  Online

We don't have comicbook shop, but you can buy comics on newsstands and in book shops.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tupiaz

We have three comic book stores in Copenhagen: First comic book store in Denmark is from around the 70's if I recall correctly. Also the guy who was translating Danish marvel (and some DC, DC haven't had any regular Danish edition for many years) for about 30 years work there. Sadly there are no regular DC or Marvel titles in Denmark at the moment. The shop don't sell used comics. http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00361/Billede_003_361700d.jpg Thé guy in front of the store is the translator. The second comic bookstore is the largest and most popular store it is called Faraos Cigarer. The Danish version of the Tintin comic Cigars of the Pharaoh. The store sells both used and new comics. http://www.boghandlereidanmark.dk/uploads/tx_boghandlere/Farao.jpg The last comic store i Copenhagen only sales used comics, mainly American comics from DC and Marvel but they also sell some Danish comics as well as European comics. http://www.dansketegneserieskabere.dk/uploadmappe/upload/frontenpeg.jpg

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By IrishX
@tupiaz: Awesome. Thanks for sharing mate. Hope you don't mind if I post the pictures here. 

Tupiaz's pictures from Denmark

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for th3darkkn1ght24
Th3DarkKn1ght24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#140  Edited By Th3DarkKn1ght24

Ravenswood Comics in Utica, NY!!! Fairly small store but I can only get there when I'm at college and the closest one to my house at home treats the comics like crap because its a side thing for the gaming they do there, and are really closed to newcomers. The people that own and work at Ravenswood are great, and very friendly to new comers. Decent selection of back issues for the store size :) I would post some pictures but I dont have any and don't go back until Wednesday for new comics day... obviously

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By IrishX
@Th3DarkKn1ght24: Cool, definitely post some pics if you get a chance.
Avatar image for th3darkkn1ght24
Th3DarkKn1ght24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Th3DarkKn1ght24

Well I'm done with the semester on Saturday but I definitely will when I head back up there in the middle of January :)

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A small shop in a little mall in Springfield OR, but it's home to me (for an hour on Wednesdays)!

and when I am up in Portland visiting family its TFAW for me.

P.S. I didn't take these pictures.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By JakeN7
No Caption Provided

This is my LCS where I live with my mom near Lynwood Washington. It's a great store with huge space. Great collection of TPB and Graphic Novels. I've run into a couple sold out issues on the day of release though like, for example: All New-X Men #4 but that was my own damn fault for not getting there until very late that evening. P.S. Sorry I couldn't find any interior images

But... my favorite comic book shop would have to be:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
The old guy behind the counter is Joe Ferrera
The old guy behind the counter is Joe Ferrera

This is my old LCS in my home-town of Santa Cruz California. It's a really old store (they just had their 35th anniversary) and is a staple of the Santa Cruz community. It even has a second room in the back (not pictured, but the entrance to that room is near the bottom left hand corner of the picture above) that's used just for old TPBs, back-issues, and toys. I basically grew up in this store, and after I moved, I missed it so much that I go there every time I'm down there for my annual visit with my friends and relatives. This 1600 square foot slice of heaven even won the Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retail Award in 1996! P.S. Sorry I couldn't find any exterior images.

But my other comic shopping destinations would be Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own any of the images posted above and am not affiliated with The Comic Stop or Atlantis Fantasyworld.

Avatar image for showboatingpenguin
ShowboatingPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I usually buy a majority of my comics off amazon, but if I'm impatient I'll go to these stores. I didn't take any of these pics.

This is the first store I would go to. It's is really good one! They give you 15% off trades! 50% off Back issues! But The one thing I don't like about this store is that they don't restock too often. I usally go to this store about 3-4 times a month.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's a video for more of an inside look:

The outside of this store looks a poor person's house that hasn't been painted in a while, but the inside looks nice. This is the second one I would go to. It's an average comic/collectable store nothing too special about it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is a small store in a mall. They obviously have more toys than comics, but they do have a wide variety. These pictures were taken like 3 or 4 years ago so they do have way more now. The store has been renovated a lot, so they have 2 more shelves full of trades. This is pretty far from where I live. The only way I can get there is when i go with my mom when she goes shopping at this mall, so i don't go here too often.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here are some videos for more:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By IrishX
@Juandicimo_Magnifico45: Thanks for posting the pics mate. 
@JakeN7: Appreciate the pics and story. Next time you go on your annual visit you can take a picture of the outside. The shop is here on ComicVine and could use a good pic of the front for its page. Here a link to the page on CV with some writing about the store as well... Atlantis FantasyWorld. I don't think people add the pics they post here to the shops on the site like I mention in the OP but at least they're here to see.
@ShowboatingPenguin: Thanks for sharing all that and it doesn't matter if you take the pictures or find them it's just cool to check out where other people get their comics from. I like the look of the Collectable store.
@logy5000: I'm pretty sure most comic fans at this point are familiar with mycomicshop.com. They actually own five real comic book stores in Texas. You can see one of them on Page 4 of this thread as well (Lone Star Comics).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IrishX: Yeah Lone Star is where the majority of my comics come from. The main reason I posted the link is because it's my affiliate account and they send me money for it.

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By EMH_Bruce

In the town where I live (Switzerland) we don't have a comic shop, only newspaper kiosks where you can buy some Marvel and DC comics (only new issues of Spider-Man and New-52 JLA) but mostly Mickey Mouse and other Disney comics.

If I want to buy comics, I'll go to Zurich (30 train minutes away) or to Winterthur, but later to that one ;) (all pictures are from google, because the pics on the shop pages where too tiny)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The first shop and my favorite is the Jeeg

Yeah, I know, it's a manga & anime shop, but I love it there. The owner is very nice and if your a regular you're pretty fast on a first name base with him =)

As soon as he knows what you like, he reserves some manga issues or other collectibles for you. (I blame him for 3/4 of my bookshelf xDD)

You can find there Manga (in german, english and japanese), Anime DVDs (mostly japanese/german with german or english subtitles), CDs, action figures, t-shirts and more.

No Caption Provided

the second one is the Analph

they have mostly US and european Comics, Manga (only in german), Artbooks, Action-Figures, Trading-Cards, T-shirts and more.

I don't go there very often, because US comics are very expensive here, but I want to go there more, when I get a job again.

No Caption Provided

The third and last shop is the Zappa-Doing (I really love this name XD)

this shop lies in Winterthur and because they moved from their old place (in the basement of a Starbucks) I keep forgetting where it lies x"D

the staff is very nice, they have comics in german, english and french, Artbooks, many secondhand comics, some manga, selected CDs and DVDs and Vinyl Records.