#1 Posted by IrishX (2460 posts) - - Show Bio

So about two years ago Babs and Comicvine had a thread titled Comic Vine Loves Your Comic Shop! where everyone listed their local comic shop and from there many more shops were added to the wiki here. One thing I found cool is looking at the different comic shops all over by going to the search bar and looking under locations then just typing in shop and random stores will appear. The problem is that after being added to the site no love has been given these pages. Many of the pages only have a logo for an image. So I put it to you comicvine to take some pictures of your local shop and add them to the site. You can post them in this thread also so there is a one stop place to see all the different shops. 

Here are some pictures I took of my favorite local shop Aquilonia....  

#2 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

cool. I'm bumping this...

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

My comic shop is called eBay lol!

#4 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I hear that. Them, Midtown Comics, and Amazon!

#5 Edited by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Spandex City comics. Not many pictures I can find, but it's awesome. Comics and gaming. Protectors come free of charge with every comic and the store is organized very well.

#6 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio
The owner and his family
#7 Posted by IrishX (2460 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet:  Thanks mate. 

@TheAnnihilator:  The Lounge.... very cool. 
#8 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@IrishX: Thanks. Very cool thread, by the way.

#9 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

Spandex City comics. Not many pictures I can find, but it's awesome. Comics and gaming. Protectors come free of charge with every comic and the store is organized very well.

*chuckles*

this image is really great!

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

eBay,Amazon.

#11 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in a small town where there is only one comic book shop (The Incredible Comic Shop) which is a tiny shop... 

...honest to god, I do live in the wrong country 

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look closely you can see Rulk.

#14 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

coolz!!

#15 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Planet Comics 1520 U St. Location in Washington DC

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Little Fish Comics in Virginia!

The place is small, but he gets everything in weekly is an awesome shop keeper, and has some really cool collectibles.

#17 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I go to a place about half an hour away from me called Abstract Sprocket. Its good but because its in England they can only stock certain comics.

EDIT: here is a photo of the outside

#18 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics Plus Games and Things in Los Bano's California, is my regular comic shop, but I also like to check out Red Sky Comics in Merced, California cause they have a better graphic novel collection and its a college town with lots of inspiring writers and artists who have their work up on display and for sale there.

#19 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't have one, unfortunately.

#20 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard's Comics and Collectables in Greenville, South Carolina.

#21 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad this thread is going so well...

#23 Posted by MM5000 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but I recently acquired a very large quantity of uncirculated (new in box(s) - mint) of Marvelman - the Rebirth #1 - am interested in selling the entire lot. Anyone have any suggestions of where to post these or who might be interested?

#24 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Serving us since 1989.

#25 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some very nice looking comic shops. Wouldn't mind having one of those comic shops near where I live..

#26 Posted by theoknows (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactic Quest in Lawrenceville, GA. Nice selection from major publishers, some gaming tables on site (if you're into that kind of thing). They include bags and boards with every book they sell, which is nice. Started my sub with them about 2 months ago, and some issues with American Vampire notwithstanding, I've been very happy.

#27 Posted by thing150 (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Acme comics Greensboro NC good shop nice people

#28 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Lytle's Comics and Games, College Station, TX. Great selection of back issues and the owner is good about ordering the right amount of books.

#29 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Page 45, Nottingham, UK. An awesome independent store who offers a very good standing order service.

Above and Below: Nostaliga & Comics, Birmingham, UK. Been there a few times, have a huge collection of old issues (of pretty much anything).

#30 Posted by IrishX (2460 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome pics everyone. These all look like cool stores to go to. Love the range from classic to modern places too.

Also if anyone's shop isn't on the site yet and you want to add it but don't know how or are having trouble feel free to ask for help.

#31 Posted by RoboShark (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I only let the top shelf womenz see my comic shop.

#32 Posted by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by blazinasian112 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

Good shares everyone. I live in Los Angeles and go between Meltdown Comics and Hi De Ho Comics, but frequent Hi De Ho more often. Great back selection and events.

In Santa Monica

#34 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks dinky and they are kinda cramped for space but the huge assortment of back issues kills it for me. However I rarely go to Nostalgia Newsstand (one town over) anymore since a new comic store opened in my town last year.

#35 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoomDoomDoom: I like the looks of that place. 

My shop is 
My son and I with the ORS outside Eb's on FCBD 2011
What Eb's has to offer
2 of my daughters and our LCS
I also found this shop on my recent trip to Sault Ste. Marie, ON. 
#36 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Continued: 

#37 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Big Planet Comics 1520 U St. Location in Washington DC

I totally went to this place when I was taking my classes at Georgetown University lol

#38 Posted by kamakazi152 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

My home away from home! Atomik Comiks!

#39 Posted by UpUpAndAway (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Hey! That used to be my store! Loved it! Real great, friendly place. :) Unfortunately, I moved, but now i have three stores! :D

#40 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

@UpUpAndAway: :D Small world!

#41 Posted by BigBig5 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Comics Chapel Hill and Durham, North Carolina. http://ultimatecomics.com/ They help run NC Comic Con in Durham, North Carolina

#42 Posted by Queso6p4 (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of nice looking places here and a good continuation of a thread. I'll have to see if my LCS is ok with me taking some pictures. Actually, I already have one of a long time worker that was posted in an article about my store. For paranoia of copyright infringement, I'll just leave the link and, hopefully, add my own pictures later.

#43 Posted by zombietag (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

Looks dinky and they are kinda cramped for space but the huge assortment of back issues kills it for me. However I rarely go to Nostalgia Newsstand (one town over) anymore since a new comic store opened in my town last year.

do they give out free "candy"?

#44 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag: That's next door.

#45 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5610 posts) - - Show Bio

Alliance Comics in Silver Spring MD. I also go to Big Planet but Phoenix already posted a pic lol.

#46 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8048 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine's very small. Mostly sells comics but he also sells other collectibles, such as coins, baseball cards, etc. And he has a whole section of Nascar stuff. Random. Good store though.

#47 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by ordandrew (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebay for me but I have a local forbidden planet store but the staff are very unhelpfull so stick to online shops, wanting to set up my own store however, based in UK, North East

ordandrew

#49 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Where is this, I live in Charlotte, look like a cool place to check out

#50 Posted by The_Tree (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz: Lawton, Oklahoma.