Posted by Jayc1324 (11684 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Should Wonder Woman get a movie? (53 votes)

Yes 74%
No 19%
Don't care/just want to see the results 8%

Self explanatory. Feel free to explain why. We know flash is getting one so what about her?

IMO I don't think she needs one but I would go see it if it was made. I doubt it would do well at the box office. It would be a good push for the character and fans would love it but I don't think that every character needs a movie before justice league is made, and she is popular enough to not need one. Also I don't know if they could make a good enough story. Just my thoughts

#1 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely think that Wonder Woman should get a movie because even though she is already well known in the media, it would be nice to have a movie that really focuses on her character and her life before the Justice League. It would also help the fans really understand her character before the Justice League movie comes up. Now, the only question would be is what would be a good story for her movie?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see Flash get a movie first.

#3 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't think its neccesary

#4 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. They could beat Marvel by having a female superhero with her own movie.

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't think DC/WB should focus on trying to best Marvel in anything or be first. Marvel has already has them out paced by a country mile. DC/WB should just focus on picking the best characters for movies, not trying to one up Marvel.

#6 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6451 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel will always be ahead of DC. DC should continue to focus on Superman and Batman, then gradually work its way over to new characters. I'd say Wonder Woman should be next, but I have a really hard time imagining a movie with her would be successful. Maybe Flash or Green Lantern.... not sure.

#7 Edited by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, studios need to see that a CBM featuring a female lead can be profitable and if there is anyone who can do that, it is Wondy. Superhero movies so far have been a boys club with the few female-led films being unfaithful to the orginal characters and have turned out like garbage (Catwoman and Elektra)

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. They could beat Marvel by having a female superhero with her own movie.

yeah good luck with that reasoning. 10 year old reasoning.

#9 Posted by Outside_85 (8724 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically neither Batman or Superman needed a movie either.

#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (17024 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermanandsuperman said:

I honestly don't think DC/WB should focus on trying to best Marvel in anything or be first. Marvel has already has them out paced by a country mile. DC/WB should just focus on picking the best characters for movies, not trying to one up Marvel.

In terms of quantity. Hardly quality.

#11 Edited by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

This but a WW movie would be nice too.

#12 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

#13 Edited by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio

She should of had one years ago. The fact that a C list space team is getting a movie before her is disturbing.

#14 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a WW movie could be great it could have Dr. Psycho or Giganta as the bad guy I would go.

#15 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I guess.Dislike the character but it's about time

#16 Posted by sagejonathan (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, and it could be soooooooooooooooooooooo good if they do it right.

#17 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: why do you dislike about WW?

And if WW got a movie who should be the bad guy/why?

#18 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloodtalon: I don't know, just felt naturally unappealing to me. Maybe Circe or Cheetah should be the bad guy.

#19 Posted by ssbm (92 posts) - - Show Bio

she should but not before a justice league film and the flash film isnt 100% yet it is just a strong rumor

#20 Edited by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Only in quantity. Quality is very debatable.

And wouldn't trying to one up Marvel translate to picking the best characters for movies? Just trying to understand what the last sentence means

#21 Edited by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted no.

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'd like to see a Wonder Woman movie.

#23 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

She should of had one years ago. The fact that a C list space team is getting a movie before her is disturbing.

this

@ssbm said:

she should but not before a justice league film and the flash film isnt 100% yet it is just a strong rumor

i disagree. they should establish her lore and backstory first with her own movie

@themanintheshoe:

if WW got a movie who should be the bad guy/why?

I say ares for the origin story.

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (41190 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Only in quantity. Quality is very debatable.

And wouldn't trying to one up Marvel translate to picking the best characters for movies? Just trying to understand what the last sentence means

True the quality is debatable (even though I would say Marvel has been doing slightly better in quality), but the guy I was responding to said that DC should do a Wonder Woman film so that DC could beat Marvel to putting a female on comic character on the big screen. That isn't sound thinking. DC should pick the characters they do movies for based on if the characters is a good character, if they can make a good story for them, and if it helps expand their cinematic universe. They shouldn't pick characters they do movies for just so they can tell Marvel "HA! We did something before you!".

#25 Edited by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: well that could be true but I don't think it's a big part of what DC/WB is doing lol. Studios want to make movies that are unique and can stand-out. Choosing Wonder Woman would different from any superhero movie, even their own movies. Like I said, trying to make a movie to better than Marvel could mean making a great movie. That's how a great movie is made, beating the competition. But you're correct.

I just think in this case, Wonder Woman would do something before Marvel AND make for a great movie

#26 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should've gone with just a Superman, Batman, and then a Wonder Woman before the Justice League. I think the audience should get to know the DC Trinity before the Justice League movie. Anyway I think they could make a Wonder Woman movie really interesting if they get the right and get some fan input about the characters or something of the sort. Personally I would see it on opening day (said the same thing about the Dark Knight and Man of Steel though, never did see Dark Knight in theaters. Saw Man of Steel the next week after the opening. Oh well).

Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Giganta, Dr. Psycho. Seeing Dr. Poison would be interesting.

Would also like to see a Flash movie too BTW