User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Don't want another X cartoon until Jeph Loeb is no longer in charge of Marvel Animation.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'd love one based on the original 5, and I don't mean the O5 being brought to the future, I'm talking about starting the show off when Xavier is first starting the school with Cyclops, Angel, Jean Grey, Beast and Ice-Man. Then as the show progresses you toss in new guys like Havok and Polaris and what not. Maybe have the All New team (Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc.) come in for the season 2 premiere.

Super_Phil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Super_Phil

@joshmightbe: YES!...... But they would need to be so careful because it's gonna be related to the acclaimed x-men the animated series from the 90s. But what josh said ^ sounds great love the original five x-men especially cyclops. Plus I did like wolverine and the x-men that was good and quite recent. Currently tho they are completely lacking in the tv department. With fox and marvel working together more I could see another x-men cartoon happening a bit after days of future past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I see no point in there being one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If Jeph Loeb isn't on it, then sure. I loved Wolverine and the X-Men.

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

After the godawful mess that was Wolverine and the X-Men I'm wary. I think much like Batman, the X-Men hit their animated heights in the 90s with X-Men: TAS.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: I didn't like that show Becuase I didn't think they presented Cyclops in the right way, but I love X-Men the animated series and X-Men evolution.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mulder15: Brave and The Bold was actually pretty decent if you weren't one of those people that was whining because things weren't all grim and gritty.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowX

I'm one of the few who I think doesn't want a show that starts with just the original five X-men. For me X-men is one of the most diverse Superhero groups and the original five just doesn't reflect that. Plus the original five X-men have been explored more than various other characters throughout the show. Saying that I grew up on X-men: Evolution and I like its approach. Maybe if we had a New Mutants I think would be cool. And I mean either the original New Mutants, or when they were separated into the different groups. In fact I like the idea of using the era from when they were all split into separate groups that way you can have older X-men in it as advisors. Different episodes can have focus on the different squads That's just me.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

I would love for the creative team behind the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon to produce a series heavily inspired by Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men.

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joshmightbe: I'm actually fine with The Batman and The Brave and The Bold. Both were overall good and TBATB contains one of the best Batman stories of all time IMHO ((Chill of the Night))

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: I wasn't saying it should stay just the original 5, just start with them for like say the first 3 to 5 episodes then start slowly adding new guys. Then eventually they could start doing like they did in JLU and just have small groups of X-men for various story arcs so they could have that massive variety and not have to go nuts trying to have them all on the screen at once.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't want another X cartoon until Jeph Loeb is no longer in charge of Marvel Animation.

This. and it isn't only Loeb. They actually have pretty big talents working on the shows like Paul Dini. It just that I think they have too many cooks spoiling the broth and try to pander to children too much.

I'd love one based on the original 5, and I don't mean the O5 being brought to the future, I'm talking about starting the show off when Xavier is first starting the school with Cyclops, Angel, Jean Grey, Beast and Ice-Man. Then as the show progresses you toss in new guys like Havok and Polaris and what not. Maybe have the All New team (Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc.) come in for the season 2 premiere.

I actually wrote an outline for a series episode by episode with this idea in mind. They would likely never do this due to there not being Marvels money maker, Wolverine in the series and the fact that there isn't really any ethnic characters.

It would be great if they had one season feature the X-Men as teens in their first year, learning about their powers and building their relationships in a modernized atmosphere. The, the second season would flash forward roughly 5 years and feature the X-Men as adults and the the series would end with the X-Mens fateful trip to island of Krakoa, because lets be honest, this day and age a super hero cartoon isn't running past two seasons

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: I think it would make more sense from the perspective of it being a school if they kept acquiring new characters, I mean not like every episode and it wouldn't always have to be the focus when it does happen. That's always been my biggest complaint with X-Men, the whole pretense for why they gathered in the first place was that it was a school but they rarely if ever explore that and when they do its not much more than a random classroom scene. I'm not saying it should just be all about the school aspect but a semi-regularly growing cast would help sell the idea that it was actually a school instead of just the outcast Avengers Marvel has been trying to pass off on us since M-day.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: I think it would make more sense from the perspective of it being a school if they kept acquiring new characters, I mean not like every episode and it wouldn't always have to be the focus when it does happen. That's always been my biggest complaint with X-Men, the whole pretense for why they gathered in the first place was that it was a school but they rarely if ever explore that and when they do its not much more than a random classroom scene. I'm not saying it should just be all about the school aspect but a semi-regularly growing cast would help sell the idea that it was actually a school instead of just the outcast Avengers Marvel has been trying to pass off on us since M-day.

As a big X-Men fan, I agree with that sentiment. The school they live at really just does serve as more of an HQ than anything else. The first thing to actually remind the world that they do in fact live at a school was oddly enough the X-Men movie.

Actually, the 60's stories consistently featured them with their studies and developing their powers more than anything else did afterward. When Chris Claremont came in there was obvious allusion to the fact they lived at a school, with concepts like Kitty Pryde and the New Mutants, but, yeah, more often than not they were wisked away to battle evil. Meh, it is a comic book after all, kind of boring if you are reading about some dudes learning Calculus or something.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

They've had enough already.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: I know they couldn't just be sitting around doing book reports all the time but it would be nice if they showed that these were in fact students, and maybe say as the student body grows they could introduce the characters that don't work as teenagers like Wolverine and Storm in as faculty, you still have the adventures and stuff just show that these people have a reason to be hanging around a school aside from just waiting for Apocalypse or Juggernaut to show up and wreck stuff. I know they had a bit of that in X-Men Evolution but even there it seemed the school was a secondary thing. Basically they should be a school that gets pulled into adventures instead of just a group of super-heroes that do the school thing if they can find an extra minute.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I say yes, because kids need to know who the X-Men are.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

C'mon man, they have had like 4. Guys like Batman, Superman, and Spidey have had like 16

@emequious_swerve: I know they couldn't just be sitting around doing book reports all the time but it would be nice if they showed that these were in fact students, and maybe say as the student body grows they could introduce the characters that don't work as teenagers like Wolverine and Storm in as faculty, you still have the adventures and stuff just show that these people have a reason to be hanging around a school aside from just waiting for Apocalypse or Juggernaut to show up and wreck stuff. I know they had a bit of that in X-Men Evolution but even there it seemed the school was a secondary thing. Basically they should be a school that gets pulled into adventures instead of just a group of super-heroes that do the school thing if they can find an extra minute.

What you are suggesting basically is X-Men Evolution, without them being in a separate High School of course.

It never really bothered me to be honest. Plenty of characters attended school there than left to have normal lives instead of being X-Men. The thing is that after the X-Men join its not like Xavier or whoever is one day going to kick them out, the whole concept of the X-Men starts out around the fact that they attend a school to learn about their powers in the 60', but it evolves into more than that. I mean the reason the characters in Giant Sized X-Men are recruited isn't to be students, its because the X-Men are missing and possibly dead. So while I completely see your point, the fact that the book hardly ever focuses on them being students at a school doesn't bother me whatsoever.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well I did like X-men: Evolution when I grew up, so if it was like that then I would watch it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

Nope.

C'mon man, they have had like 4. Guys like Batman, Superman, and Spidey have had like 16

Yeah, well I guess they've had enough, too, then.

I think it's good to remember that the question wasn't about Batman, Superman and Spider-Man.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

I think it's good to remember that the question wasn't about Batman, Superman and Spider-Man.

Nope, it was about the X-Men, who, when compared to other properties in their medium, haven't had that much exposure.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just don't want it to be 3D animated, and some new story arcs. Stop it with the Dark Phoenix saga....... I want a Second Coming story arc, or an Age of Apocalypse......

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: If you really wanted to take the high school thing seriously you could just start it with the older guys from the "All New" team as part of the school since they were introduced as adults, like have Wolverine as the gym teacher in the Danger room, and Colossus as the art teacher and stuff like that tho that would be a bit far for me. My only real problems with Evolution was that A. they had the school separate from the institute which didn't make a whole lot of sense and B. They didn't even start to deal with the whole "Hated and Feared" aspect until the series was half over, hell most of the world didn't even know mutants were a thing until around season 3 which made you question Xavier's whole reason to start the school. Basically it was predicated on the supposedly optimistic Xavier just assuming normal humans will instantly hate and fear them instead of having any factual evidence to back it up.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: If you really wanted to take the high school thing seriously you could just start it with the older guys from the "All New" team as part of the school since they were introduced as adults, like have Wolverine as the gym teacher in the Danger room, and Colossus as the art teacher and stuff like that tho that would be a bit far for me. My only real problems with Evolution was that A. they had the school separate from the institute which didn't make a whole lot of sense and B. They didn't even start to deal with the whole "Hated and Feared" aspect until the series was half over, hell most of the world didn't even know mutants were a thing until around season 3 which made you question Xavier's whole reason to start the school. Basically it was predicated on the supposedly optimistic Xavier just assuming normal humans will instantly hate and fear them instead of having any factual evidence to back it up.

Yeah, X-Men Evolution was pretty poorly conceived show. One thing I will always compliment about it is that it handled a large cast rather well, better than other X-Men shows. The fact that you would get episodes that primarily focused on Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch was pretty great.

Thats what I always find problematic about the X-Men shows, too many good characters, villains and storylines to balance it properly. Thats why I would love a series that dealt with the O5 so much. The first few episodes would deal with the classic Kirby, Lee stuff, then after that, you could either develop new stories or just modernize the terrible, Roy Thomas stuff. You wouldn't have to worry about about all these beloved concepts flying around.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve said:

@powerherc said:

Nope.

If we're being really honest here I'd prefer a New Warriors or Runaways show but X-men is what we're more likely to get.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

Nope, it was about the X-Men, who, when compared to other properties in their medium, haven't had that much exposure.

True when it comes to comparing the X-Men to some properties/characters but not true when comparing them to the vast majority of them.

I guess I missed the part where this thread was comparing the number of cartoons the X-Men have had to the amount others have had.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PowerHerc

t

@powerherc said:

@emequious_swerve said:

@powerherc said:

Nope.

If we're being really honest here I'd prefer a New Warriors or Runaways show but X-men is what we're more likely to get.

You're entirely right.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man i loved the series in 90's that's what made me get in to the comics. I just want them to pick up the story from where they left. Marvel should stop with this kid special animated series not every damn fan is 10 year old.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True when it comes to comparing the X-Men to some properties/characters but not true when comparing them to the vast majority of them.

I guess I missed the part where this thread was comparing the number of cartoons the X-Men have had to the amount others have had.

Just saying, only having four doesn't really constitute it "being enough" One of which was an anime that was only 13 episodes.

You didn't miss anything. I was just making a point. Stop being so litigious

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe

@emequious_swerve: You could handle the larger cast like they did in JLU as I pointed out earlier, basically let you know there are many characters at the school but shift the focus to sub groups from arc to arc, like your first arc would be the O5, then your next arc would be just Cyclops dealing with his younger brother Havoc joining the school along with another student or two and have them get mixed up in something like a super villain or mutant hate group on top of it. Or if you really want to stick with the O5 being the main focus you could have episodes focusing on them individually while also showing the other students. Again this is influence from the DCAU but you could have them viewed by the other students as the top dogs like in JLU when one of the original 7 members was in an episode.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope the X-Men are a thing of the past, I would rather have an Inhumans show

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PowerHerc

@powerherc said:

Just saying, only having four doesn't really constitute it "being enough" One of which was an anime that was only 13 episodes.

You didn't miss anything. I was just making a point. Stop being so litigious

Litigious? Hah! I'm not suing you.

What constitutes "enough" is a matter of opinion. Our opinions differ but both are still valid.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

@marlboroman said:

Man i loved the series in 90's that's what made me get in to the comics. I just want them to pick up the story from where they left. Marvel should stop with this kid special animated series not every damn fan is 10 year old.

I would say the majority of superhero fans are adults, and the same audience that tuned in for Smallville, Heroes, Arrow, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would just as readily watch an animated series if it was targeted towards them. Something along the lines of Archer or Axe Cop would be awesome.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I think we should have a new X-Men cartoon, but not right now as long as the Marvel cartoons continues to be kiddish. The X-Men always seems to be a franchise that focuses on the serious nature of racism and prejudice and having it be set up in the current Marvel animated universe might downplay that aspect and I think that the X-Men cartoons would work best if they explored those issues.

Sky_Pirate2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really interested in another animated series. I'd be more interested in a Live-Action series, set in the same universe as the Fox movies. Not one that'd focus on the X-Men team, but some splinter character, like Nate Grey. That could flesh out and explore the X-Men movieverse, in ways films can't.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

Not really interested in another animated series. I'd be more interested in a Live-Action series, set in the same universe as the Fox movies. Not one that'd focus on the X-Men team, but some splinter character, like Nate Grey. That could flesh out and explore the X-Men movieverse, in ways films can't.

I guess the only problem I see with a live-action X-Men series is that it would cost so much money to do the special effects for the mutants' powers, but if the show focuses on one character like you said, then it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I say yes, because kids need to know who the X-Men are.

Yeah it'd also be nice if they could teach the kids it's not pronounced eggzavier

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would take another one good season of a X-Men Cartoon than 3 new X-Men live action movies hands down.....

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#41  Edited By batmannflash

If done right, yes.

They need Cyclops as the main character this time