No Caption Provided
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

I honestly don't know if a sequel can fix the numerous problems of the first. I'll wait to see how the second one turns out before crying "REBOOT!"..

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

To me the first one wasn't THAT bad...a good sequel can balance it out..but a reboot...no, don't think so.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Zombie_

@The Stegman said:

To me the first one wasn't THAT bad...a good sequel can balance it out..but a reboot...no, don't think so.

It still looks like it can be saved, really. Though that s**t version of Parallax will stick with me for awhile.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

OMIGOD PLEASE YES DO A REBOOT I HATED THE FIRST MOVIE SO MUCH IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot:  

@The Stegman said:

It still looks like it can be saved, really. Though that s**t version of Parallax will stick with me for awhile.

Yeah...Parallax was bad...the smoke monster from Lost was more threatening than him...but to me, the worse part was Hammond..he literally didn't need to be in the film, Parallax was the main villain, Hammond was just...filler
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Zombie_

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

Yeah...Parallax was bad...the smoke monster from Lost was more threatening than him...but to me, the worse part was Hammond..he literally didn't need to be in the film, Parallax was the main villain, Hammond was just...filler

Fortunately, I didn't go see it. But I've heard enough from friends who did. When my friend described in-depth how they handled Parallax, I raged. And I agree, Hammond sounds like he was a bit of a pointless addition.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would rather see a sequel than a reboot

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Martian

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

Fortunately, I didn't go see it. But I've heard enough from friends who did. When my friend described in-depth how they handled Parallax, I raged. And I agree, Hammond sounds like he was a bit of a pointless addition.

Smartest thing I've heard all night. That movie was an abomination to the Green Lantern franchise. It pisses me off how people keep saying how much they "liked it" or that it "wasn't so bad", that movie was terrible and everyone knows it, it's the main reason why I have little faith in DC's live-action movies nowadays...

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@The Stegman said:
This. The first film was seriously not that bad, particularly when you look at the source (GL Volume 4). 
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

Smartest thing I've heard all night. That movie was an abomination to the Green Lantern franchise. It pisses me off how people keep saying how much they "liked it" or that it "wasn't so bad", that movie was terrible and everyone knows it, it's the main reason why I have little faith in DC's live-action movies nowadays...

For once, reviews helped me avoid a bad movie. And I'm worried as well, especially because Nolan is leaving after TDKR. Dunno how the inevitable Batman reboot would work.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Martian

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:
This. The first film was seriously not that bad, particularly when you look at the source (GL Volume 4).

-_- What I'm talking about...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Even if it was that bad, a reboot after one movie just seems like an overreaction.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

Hardly, I liked it.
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Martian

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Even if it was that bad, a reboot after one movie just seems like an overreaction.

Hey, Marvel did that with Hulk and Punisher, look how that turned out... :P

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

It was bad....real bad...well, it was to me, being as I never really liked Green Lantern anyway, my opinion is hardly valid.

I just don't understand the Ryan Reynolds obsession, people seem to think he automatically equals every white super hero ever with a bit of a sense of humor...he is not a very convincing actor, unless he's Van Wilder...which apparently he has been playing that character since 2000.

Nathan Fillion, and a laundry list of other actors would have been a way better Green Lantern

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Reboot...Please...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Zombie_

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Worked for Hulk, but didn't for Punisher the third time around(I maintain that Thomas Jane did an epic Punisher). So yeah, there's that.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

How was it an abomination to the GL franchise? Hal was more of a character in that movie than he has been in 10 years. Parallax sucked, because PARALLAX SUCKS. The movie was Geoff Johns' Volume 4 as it was through an untainted glass.  

Pure mediocrity.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Worked for Hulk, but didn't for Punisher the third time around(I maintain that Thomas Jane did an epic Punisher). So yeah, there's that.

Exactly. Inc Hulk was awesome (ED NORTON). Had it retained Jennifer Connelly instead of Liv Tyler, it would have been Marvel's second best film (behind Cap).  

Thomas Jane's Punisher had the aesthetic down perfectly, and was a better film than War Zone, but technically, (although Ray Stevenson wasn't half as good as Jane), WZ was more comic-accurate. 
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Zombie_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

How was it an abomination to the GL franchise? Hal was more of a character in that movie than he has been in 10 years. Parallax sucked, because PARALLAX SUCKS. The movie was Geoff Johns' Volume 4 as it was through an untainted glass. Pure mediocrity.

I agree that it really wasn't that bad, but for different reasons. I don't hate Johns' GL work(to each his own), but other than Parallax and the pointless inclusion of Hammond, it doesn't really sound like it's bad enough to be anywhere near the level of abomination. That title is reserved for Ghost Rider 2 and Batman and Robin..

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By BatteredArmor

@The Stegman said:

This.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Zombie_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Exactly. Inc Hulk was awesome (ED NORTON). Had it retained Jennifer Connelly instead of Liv Tyler, it would have been Marvel's second best film (behind Cap). Thomas Jane's Punisher had the aesthetic down perfectly, and was a better film than War Zone, but technically, (although Ray Stevenson wasn't half as good as Jane), WZ was more comic-accurate.

I agree, but WZ could of benefited from a better plot. That was my only real complaint with it. I liked Stevenson's performance(not on Jane's level), but WZ's story just felt a little.. off. Accurate, but off. Can't quite say what bothered me about it, but it just kinda did.

Edit: The action was sick, though.

Edit(x2): Also, I fragging HATED what they did to Maginty. In MAX, he was a hardcore Black-Irish thug. In WZ, he was some parkour dumba**!

Edit(x3, I swear, the last one): Also, WTF did they do to Ink?! He's a twitchy mute homicidal killer in the comics. In the movie, he was some asian generic gangster! ARGH!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Video_Martian

@cattlebattle said:

It was bad....real bad...well, it was to me, being as I never really liked Green Lantern anyway, my opinion is hardly valid. I just don't understand the Ryan Reynolds obsession, people seem to think he automatically equals every white super hero ever with a bit of a sense of humor...he is not a very convincing actor, unless he's Van Wilder...which apparently he has been playing that character since 2000. Nathan Fillion, and a laundry list of other actors would have been a way better Green Lantern

QFT

@War Killer said:

Reboot...Please...

THIS

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

How was it an abomination to the GL franchise? Hal was more of a character in that movie than he has been in 10 years. Parallax sucked, because PARALLAX SUCKS. The movie was Geoff Johns' Volume 4 as it was through an untainted glass. Pure mediocrity.

It was an abomination because as a GL fan, I was expecting an epic, amazingly stunning debut from DC of one of their major characters that WASN'T Superman and Batman, and all we got was... this. crap. I swear I've never been more dissapointed with a movie before in my life, which explains why I HATE this movie with a burning passion...

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@mr.obvious said: 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

It was an abomination because as a GL fan, I was expecting an epic, amazingly stunning debut from DC of one of their major characters that WASN'T Superman and Batman, and all we got was... this. crap. I swear I've never been more dissapointed with a movie before in my life, which explains why I HATE this movie with a burning passion...

Ah well you see, that was your problem. Having read GL for years, and knowing who (modern) Hal Jordan is and what he brings to stories, I had no expectations for it, and was pleased when I left.  

Now if it was a Kyle Rayner-based film, then I'd be right there with you. 
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Zombie_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@The Stegman said:

@ZombieBigfoot:

@The Stegman said:

Ah well you see, that was your problem. Having read GL for years, and knowing who (modern) Hal Jordan is and what he brings to stories, I had no expectations for it, and was pleased when I left. Now if it was a Kyle Rayner-based film, then I'd be right there with you.

I suppose that's why I might not hate it entirely myself. Hal Jordan is a s**ty GL..

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Martian

@FadeToBlackBolt: Thanks FTBB, it's good to know that there's at least SOMEONE out there who understands what I mean...

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hot_Karl

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I honestly don't know if a sequel can fix the numerous problems of the first. I'll wait to see how the second one turns out before crying "REBOOT!"..

Hey, The Incredible Hulk did a fine job of fixing everything that was wrong with the first film. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was a vast improvement over that first movie. Same goes for Rise of the Silver Surfer. I'm ok with a sequel as long as the writers sit down and find out what worked (...Green Lantern is a cool character?) and what didn't (every thing in that abomination of a film).

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Zombie_

@VinceNotVance said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was a vast improvement over that first movie.

Wait.. what? How the eff was that thing an improvement. If anything, it was worse..

It was technically a sequel anyways. Same with Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Anyways, GL wasn't bad enough to warrant a reboot.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Whisper_

I don't understand how Blake and Ryan can have a thing in real life and have absolutely no chemistry on screen.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@_Whisper_ said:

I don't understand how Blake and Ryan can have a thing in real life and have absolutely no chemistry on screen.

I think they're just hitting the bone-zone over and over and over again, and you can't really do that in a family-adventure film that was made for children.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Whisper_

@Illuminatus said:

@_Whisper_ said:

I think they're just hitting the bone-zone over and over and over again, and you can't really do that in a family-adventure film that was made for children.

Right, but you still have to have chemistry for that (or at least to enjoy it) even if it's just physical/sexual chemistry. They were so flat and wooden with each other onscreen. I absolutely didn't buy the romance aspect.

Also LMAO @ bone-zone.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@_Whisper_ said:

They did have chemistry. You ship Sookie/Eric, what do you know? =P 

@mr.obvious said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: Thanks FTBB, it's good to know that there's at least SOMEONE out there who understands what I mean...

(Thumbs up)
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@_Whisper_ said:

@Illuminatus said:

@_Whisper_ said:

Right, but you still have to have chemistry for that (or at least to enjoy it) even if it's just physical/sexual chemistry. They were so flat and wooden with each other onscreen. I absolutely didn't buy the romance aspect.

Also LMAO @ bone-zone.

That have no chemistry on the screen because Lively has the acting range of a doorknob.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Aiden Cross

@_Whisper_ said:

i thought they had chemistry in the movie... *shrugs*

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Whisper_

@Illuminatus: lol

@FadeToBlackBolt: Eric/Sookie is a great ship.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cattlebattle
@_Whisper_ said:

because they can't act??
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@_Whisper_: Pffft. Bill/Sophie-Anne is the best. Or Sophie-Anne/FTBB. 
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By CATPANEXE

Sequel. But no Reeses Peanut Butter promotions. My Peanut Butter Cups went up in price when Ryan's face was stamped on them.

I love comics, but Peanut Butter Cups>Comics.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

It's too early for a reboot. They have to do a sequel.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2011, the year of comics book movies in review:

X-men First Class>>>Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Captain America the First Avenger>/= Green Lantern (besides romantic comedies, I don't expect much from Reynolds, and this was no exception)

If they do decide to do a reboot, all I ask is that they recall Mark Strong to reprise his role as Sinestro. That's all I ask.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Onemoreposter

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Couldn't agree more. Hal Jordan has pretty much sucked since Rebirth and the advent of volume 4. The movie was indeed, right in line with it's source material.

However, I do agree we don't need to go full reboot. Instead lets just forget about Hal for a few films. Bring in Kyle, John, Guy or any combination. Hal can come back in 3 or 4 if the franchise decides to start thriving. By then maybe we can bring him back with a different, older actor (Dennis Quaid?) complete with white hair stripes.

Hey, if this franchise made it's way into a DC conglomerate movie franchise (like whats going on at Marvel studios) nothing would be better than bring Hal back for the JLA movie. They could do Parallax right.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Malonius

Hal Jordan doesn't have much depth of character even after all these decades. He's a character description and an origin blurb: "Ace pilot Hal Jordan receives a power ring from a dying alien which can, through sheer force of his indomitable will, turn his thoughts into action, transforming Jordan into a member of the Green Lantern corps, an intergalactic band of heroes dedicated to bringing peace and security to the universe." Then he goes on exciting adventures in space.

The movie suffered because there is nothing interesting about Hal Jordan. It's the same problem with Ghost Rider. Who the heck knows or cares about Johnny Blaze? Just set GL on awesome star spanning sci-fi adventures and just set GR on brutal fantasy horror tragedies. Those are both visually stunning characters that should have been climbing out of the screens into our dreams/nightmares.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By TDK_1997

The movie didn't suck that much for a reboot.A sequel can fix things.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Reboot! Do a reboot! That was a terrible movie - if anything should be rebooted, it should be GL!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well, it wasn't the best film I've ever seen and certainly, I don't think so that it was so haljordanish, nevertheless, it wasn't that bad. Reboot? No... Sequel, working it really hard to fix it? Yes.

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By thechessclub

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@mr.obvious said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Stegman said:

Tom Jane was great. I second that=]

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Steps

I'll wait for a sequel before I decide on whether it's needs a reboot.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hot_Karl

@ZombieBigfoot: A. Did we watch the same Ghost Rider? At least Spirit of Vengeance was watchable, had decent action and an AMAZING Nic Cage freakout. Nothing memorable about Ghost Rider. I had friends fall asleep on my dorm room floor while watching that movie. B. I never said that they should reboot it, just that there's precedence for the sequel improving on the original film. C. Yes, Green Lantern was that bad. It's like it took all of the terrible stuff from Spider-Man, Iron Man & Batman and made something near-unwatchable as a result. I can't think of one single thing that I liked about Green Lantern. The color green wasn't even that bright.

(My opinion, of course. I think I was just severely let down, I love Green Lantern as a character, but that movie was hodgepodge-y and all over the place.)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Zombie_

@VinceNotVance said:

@ZombieBigfoot: A. Did we watch the same Ghost Rider? At least Spirit of Vengeance was watchable, had decent action and an AMAZING Nic Cage freakout. Nothing memorable about Ghost Rider. I had friends fall asleep on my dorm room floor while watching that movie. B. I never said that they should reboot it, just that there's precedence for the sequel improving on the original film. C. Yes, Green Lantern was that bad. It's like it took all of the terrible stuff from Spider-Man, Iron Man & Batman and made something near-unwatchable as a result. I can't think of one single thing that I liked about Green Lantern. The color green wasn't even that bright.

(My opinion, of course. I think I was just severely let down, I love Green Lantern as a character, but that movie was hodgepodge-y and all over the place.)

I have to disagree. It was so bad that it had me laughing. At least the original didn't take itself as seriously. And I disagree again. Like FTBB said earlier, I just don't like Hal Jordan as a character, so my expectations were low.