Should there be wiki pages for the staff?

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feargalr
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No. Leave the wiki pages strictly comic book related.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

No the last thing we need are threads about whether a staff member like tacos better than burritos.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

Well G-Man is in the comics.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

@aztek_the_lost said:

No, the staff at GiantBomb can justifiably have pages because they were credited in games...some staff members (and other users) on ComicVine do have pages but only those that have been credited in comics.

Exactly.

@Dernman said:

Well G-Man is in the comics.

Not really. Doctor Guerrero is a character in comics, sure, but he's not G-Man in the sense that a page about Doctor Guerrero would actually tell you anything about Tony Guerrero.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman
@Mercy_: You're right. I stand corrected. :p
Avatar image for supermanjohnathankentjr
SupermanJohnathanKentJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NO! I'll be forced to write a love letter on Babs page.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
@Dernman :)
Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Hunter114

The Wiki pages are for comic related stuff only... there are some staff members (and other users) with Wiki pages, but they have been credited separately from their work here.

On a side note, there is actually a place where people can read more about the staff, mods and us regular users, in the "about me" section underneath the main picture (links below) one of the main problems is that it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it and even then, there are more obvious places to look for it:

G-Man: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/g_man/about-me/

Babs: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/babs/about-me/

Gotta be honest, there's not much there to read (especially in Babs'), and the content is only controlled by the owner of the profile, so it's limited in that it only gives as much information and the user wants to or it's only as funny as the user is. The other thing is that G-Man and Babs (et al) haven't really been in the public eye that much, at least not compared to the Giant Bomb guys and I can kinda see why, but it also, at least in my mind, we don't really get to see that much of what the guys do here, compared with GB who have a few videos a week telling us what they're doing and stuff, so it would be nice to have something like that, as a I somehow slowly drift off topic to something that was on my mind, but had very little reason to actually say it here.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

@aztek_the_lost said:

No, the staff at GiantBomb can justifiably have pages because they were credited in games...some staff members (and other users) on ComicVine do have pages but only those that have been credited in comics.

The rule doesn't apply when it comes to Red LAMP who has three pages...
BB