Should the MCU choose movies based on cameo reception?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By krspaceT

Here me out with the current best example for where this would happen

Hawkeye most likely got his major role in the Avengers due to how well he was received in his role in Thor, same with Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Had they not been well received, they may have introduced other characters instead, like the Wasp as Whedon had wanted to do.

So, with all the people who are floating about as possible Phase 3 films, all with varieting wants from the fans in similar, at times equal force.

No Caption Provided

You have as many people who want to see T'challa

No Caption Provided

As who desire Carol and Jan, in more ways than one in all likelyhoods

No Caption Provided

Yet if Guardians is successful, whose to say they aren't as worthy, and they have fans

So, here's my thought.

Should the future Cinematic movies put more focus in putting in cameos into their stories.

I'll use Cap as an example. Should his movie mention the Pride, a S.H.I.E.L.D agent Danvers and Wandandans to see if anyone bites, or should it be a legitimate focus on just his part of the MCU only; with Skulls, Leapers and Falcon's galore.

Would cameoing a circus with a stunt man named Johnny Blaze, a incident with an agent Castle or a law attorney's office with Murdock in the name be bad choices, worth while or really depending on the timing and realism.

Oh, and for the record

NO

THOR

THE

DARK

WORLD

SPOILERS!

I don't care if the movie had Kid Loki being created, Beta Ray Bill taking Thor's hammer to Thanos or if it was good or not. I intend to see it, and I'd like to keep this conversation on subject about the usefullness of cameos.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I don't think he got the role because of his cameo, I think they were actually planning to have him in the Avengers but needed a movie prior to showcase him to the audience. Same thing with Widow, but she got a bigger role in Iron Man 2.

I don't think this is a good idea because the only people who would recognize the cameos are fans. Something as simple as mentioning Vibranium In Captain America probably flew over majority of the moviegoers head because it sounds like a real element and/or don't get its a reference to Black Panther. And since fans can be demanding and are harder to please, they are not the best source for cameo reception.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

... There was no way that Hawkeye was put in Avengers just because of his cameo in Thor. Jeremy Renner signed on to play Hawkeye in The Avengers way before he was asked to cameo.

I don't think this is a good idea because the only people who would recognize the cameos are fans.

Exactly.

If they're going to have new characters in existing films, just give them main or supporting roles like they are doing with The Falcon in Cap 2. Cameos are fun but they can be kinda worthless... In a sense.