Posted by trebean (621 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Should the Batman Reboot be Origin Heavy? (32 votes)

Yay 9%
Nay 91%

Seeing how there's already 2 Movies explaining Batman's origin (Begins was still better)

Should the Batman Reboot (If there will be) be origin heavy? or should they just push the origin to the opening credits or first quarter of the film?

#1 Edited by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see an origin of dick as robin and skip a few years to directly have Nightwing and Batman and maybe Tim.

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6037 posts) - - Show Bio

I think everyone knows enough about him to not need another recap of how he came to be.

I think it would be cool if they made Batman films where there's an obvious main villain, but short appearances from a bunch of others that might show up as the main villain in one of the following films. And the villains should be able to escape at the end sometimes, rather than die or be caught, so they can return at some point with new sinister plans.

#3 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Just use 1 minute to show the simple origin of Batman. Start again with Batman vs Joker.

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

No we already have a great origin movie, the next movie he should be Batman for atleast one or two years.

#5 Posted by trebean (621 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

No we already have a great origin movie, the next movie he should be Batman for atleast one or two years.

Yes I know that, but I felt the Nolan Trilogy to be dark to be shown to younger audiences (I was quite bored of it during a kid, being influenced by the Adam West Batman Reruns on TV, I expected it to be more action packed and cliche, skip to 5 years later and it's now one of my favorite movies to date)

Even Batman 89' wasn't that dark and moody (To say, I was still bored of it as a kid)

I think they should just show snippets of his origin in the opening credits, for the new viewers to get the general idea of his origin.

#6 Edited by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Batman Begins came out in 2005 and his origin story has got to be one of the most famous ones in superhero history I don't think it's really necessary. They could probably use that screen time for something else.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19524 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see an origin of dick as robin and skip a few years to directly have Nightwing and Batman and maybe Tim.

this but i want mentions of jason without actually showing him. it would be stupid if they just ignored him

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6101 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ha ha ha..... I think I'm the only one who voted "yay"..... I was thinking a Batman cartoon that was a drawn out strip down, Batman begin would be cool......... No Robins, No Batgirl, Gorden trying to hunt him down. I want to see a slow burn story showing how Bruce became Batman. How he became a detective, and a fighter. I just don't want to see it in CG animation......

#9 Edited by trebean (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ha ha ha..... I think I'm the only one who voted "yay"..... I was thinking a Batman cartoon that was a drawn out strip down, Batman begin would be cool......... No Robins, No Batgirl, Gorden trying to hunt him down. I want to see a slow burn story showing how Bruce became Batman. How he became a detective, and a fighter. I just don't want to see it in CG animation......

Yeah, that's what I meant by snippets in the opening credits, I'm thinking like the ones on the end credits of Batman Year One style

#10 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

More than one Origin movie seems like a waste of movie and time. I don't wanna go through another movie of him becoming Batman for the millionth time.

#11 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If you want to readdress it, by all means, but do it in the span of the opening credits or a flashback scene. Everyone knows his origin and his journey to being Batman - we don't need to rehash it once again.

Frankly, the reboot's primary concern should be working Batman into the larger cinematic DCU. They need to justify how an urban vigilante can fight alongside superhuman gods, they need to make Batman practical, but not grounded and realistic to the extent of Nolan's.

#12 Edited by trebean (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Adding another question to the OP

EDIT:

Apparently, I can't edit the OP so here it is anyway.

Should well known Superheroes' movie be origin heavy?

#13 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

EDIT:

Yes. Amazing Spider-Man took a new twist on the origin and did everything and more from what I wanted and needed.

#14 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I say thee nay.

#15 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4792 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#16 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

EDIT:

The way I view it is this: if it's been done before, there's no need to rehash it. But I can tolerate it in some occasions.

In the case of Batman Begins, I didn't mind, because the Nolan Batman is meant to be a realistic deviation from Burton's classic Batman. He's a lot different, and the origin story was essentially the foundation for the entire movie - it was an origin movie. So I didn't mind so much, and I thought it was executed very well.

But for yet another reboot of the Batman franchise, and for Man of Steel for instance - I don't want to see another origin-heavy movie. Just cover the origin in the opening credits or via flashback, and leave the story free to explore other avenues.

#17 Edited by The Stegman (22758 posts) - - Show Bio

Nay, we know who Batman is, we don't need to know his origin again, I say begin In medias res like Tim Burton's Batman did.

#18 Posted by RDClip (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no. People go to the theater to see the superhero, not an hour of a guy moping around then deciding to be a hero. That was my biggest problem with BB and DKR, it took way too long to actually get to see Batman in full suit.

I say go Tim Burton Batman 1989 and have Batman show up in the first 3 min and if necessary have some little tidbits of his origin and flashbacks later in the movie.

#19 Posted by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not opposed to some time being spent on the origin, but it shouldn't be an origin movie like Batman Begins was. Otherwise it'll essentially make the same mistake that The Amazing Spider-Man did, which felt very redundant.

#20 Edited by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Nay. Enough origins. The general public has learned enough. I suggest they do a star wars like opening for his credits lol. Or his origin narrated in the opening by Morgan Freeman/Patrick Stewart.

#21 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because The Nolan Batman would be very different than the JL one or at least I hope. They may not have to make most of the movie an origin but a good amount so you are familiar with the Batman for JL not the Nolan one.