• 95 results
#1 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never a big fan of superman but i never hated him either, During my lifetime i have read my share of superman comics(like maybe 20% of them) and i must say i don't get the amount of attention that he gets, They're okay at best and by now Superman is broken to no return, He appears in like 10,000 issues, He has a vast amount of movies, shows and video games to his name and there are plenty more to come in the future, I feel like there are a whole lot of superheroes that are better than Superman and should be publicised more, They are forcing him into us, It's like using Sagat in street fighter IV, You always win! Just like Pokemon a money printing machine. Once again for the superman fans, I don't hate the character himself, I just hate the way he keeps going on and on and on and on... To infinity and beyond. It's the old story of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer, Some things are better left short and sweet, I say give us something new and exciting, New faces should emerge and take over.

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Superman should not just go away because @crash_ is bored of him.

#3 Posted by tensor (4493 posts) - - Show Bio

Read something else then if you are bored it is that simple.Sagat does not always win in street fighter,step up your game.

#4 Edited by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

Read something else then if you are bored it is that simple.Sagat does not always win in street fighter,step up your game.

The only thing that can beat Sagat is another Sagat :P

Yes, I am bored of Superman, But i'm merely pointing out that other superheroes should get more attention than they're currently getting.

#6 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not wrong. Some things are better left short and sweet, we should get new and exciting things, new faces should emerge and take over. That being said, hardly any comic book characters' story's are left short and sweet, not just Superman, and we are getting new and exciting things from the new faces that are taking over, they're called Image.

#7 Edited by SOG7dc (7327 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21971 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

With your logic all major characters should just disappear?

#9 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not wrong. Some things are better left short and sweet, we should get new and exciting things, new faces should emerge and take over. That being said, hardly any comic book characters' story's are left short and sweet, not just Superman, and we are getting new and exciting things from the new faces that are taking over, they're called Image.

Yeah there are plenty, But Superman stills stands out for me, Besides... You can never get enough of Batman(That's a bit hypocritical isn't it ;))

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The most recognizable fictional character of all time should disappear because crash_ of comicvine dislikes him.

#11 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The most recognizable fictional character of all time should disappear because crash_ of comicvine dislikes him.

I don't dislike him, Superman can be fun, I just don't think that he should be going on for this long and he will never disappear, Superman will end the same time humanity comes to an end.

#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Ok. So Batman,Wonder Woman, Flash, Spider-man should all disappear as well, yes?

#13 Edited by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@crash_: Ok. So Batman,Wonder Woman, Flash, Spider-man should all disappear as well, yes?

Wonder Woman yes, The others no, Because in MY HONEST OPINION they're heaps better than the aforementioned. No hate included.

#14 Edited by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was the first Superhero and if at some point far in the future all comic book writers get together and decide that the Superhero genre should come to a definite end with one huge story then that story should be a Superman story.....i.e. you can't have superheros without Superman

#15 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Your logic doesn't make much sense. You say Superman's story should end because he's been around too long(75 years), yet because you prefer Batman(74 years old) his story shouldn't end? How is that fair to Superman fans? If you're not a big fan of him just don't read his stuff.

#16 Edited by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@crash_: Your logic doesn't make much sense. You say Superman's story should end because he's been around too long(75 years), yet because you prefer Batman(74 years old) his story shouldn't end? How is that fair to Superman fans? If you're not a big fan of him just don't read his stuff.

The comment was not about the fans, It's about the character and the story and as you can see there's always the comment how he is the first one and the best superhero, As far as you can't have superheroes without superman, It couldn't be further from the truth, They started with him and that should be acknowledged, It doesn't mean that everything should be attributed to Superman. You can insult me if you want but don't try to bait me into a flame war with Superman fans.

#17 Edited by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

HE'S F*CKING SUPERMAN. Nuff said

#18 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: What are you talking about? I wasn't trying to bait you into a flame war and I have no idea where you drew that conclusion from. All I'm saying is that it's pretty silly to think such a beloved character should be taken away from millions, because you feel that his story should end IMO.

#19 Posted by MonsterStomp (18244 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: What are you talking about? I wasn't trying to bait you into a flame war and I have no idea where you drew that conclusion from. All I'm saying is that it's pretty silly to think such a beloved character should be taken away from millions, because you feel that his story should end IMO.

You're making it sound as if i was saying that it should come to an abrupt end, I'm thinking more like a slow decline in the next 10 years and sporadic issues from then on. Then again... I'm just stating, As long as we exist Superman will never end.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (42841 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? Me and @peppeyhare have opposing views but i do respect him so much more than the people who don't have an opinion and keep quoting the same person over and over again, Don't take things personally, Just give an opinion, I may agree with it, I may disagree, That's what makes it fun.

#24 Edited by JetiiMitra (8668 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by JetiiMitra (8668 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Sometimes there's too much truth in a comment to let it go unquoted.

#26 Edited by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

So should we get rid of Batman, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny as well?

#27 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@crash_: Sometimes there's too much truth in a comment to let it go unquoted.

That's why there should be a like button, You like that comment, There's no need to flood the page with it.
@joshmightbe
Read some of the other comments i made.

#28 Posted by Immortal777 (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just end the Superhero genre as a whole. That way everyone can be happy that a character who's story they feel should end will end.

#29 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just end the Superhero genre as a whole. That way everyone can be happy that a character who's story they feel should end will end.

Fair enough, You make a good point.

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: If you think Superman is going stale then you should probably for the sake of fairness call out all the classic characters that are just as guilty. Despite what the fan boys would have you believe there's nothing going on in any of the Bat books that hasn't been done 50 times before in various forms. They have covered every angle with that character on multiple occasions, he's been in just as many if not more books than Superman. Why does Batman get a pass for being just as repetitive and shoved down the throat of the public when Superman doesn't? There are characters that are better than Batman.

#31 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Or maybe that they have the same opinion as sheenlantern and he said what they were thinking.

#32 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: If you think Superman is going stale then you should probably for the sake of fairness call out all the classic characters that are just as guilty. Despite what the fan boys would have you believe there's nothing going on in any of the Bat books that hasn't been done 50 times before in various forms. They have covered every angle with that character on multiple occasions, he's been in just as many if not more books than Superman. Why does Batman get a pass for being just as repetitive and shoved down the throat of the public when Superman doesn't? There are characters that are better than Batman.

You got a good point with the classics, But i don't think many would agree with the batman remark. That's just an example, I just think that Superman gets a bit more than he should, Just a preference though.

#33 Posted by McLezza (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Wolverine and John Cena are three things the world is better off without but I can cut Cena some slack he's only emulating supes

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: I know many would disagree with me on the Batman thing but its true, they are just doing a repackaged version of things they've done before, and that's no even Batman specific, that's the entire comics industry right now. At Marvel they're still trying to convince people that the body swapped hero is a totally new thing that Dan Slott came up with despite the fact that every Super hero that's been around for half a decade has gone through it, they just did a stretched out version of a story that's almost as old as fiction itself.

#35 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, this thread is a good read.

#36 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is superman batman for me will never get old. Superman however just because he's so overpowered and basically people think heshould never lose and I feel he ne'er really does( though he does) he just outmatched beirly everyone I think he's too played out but in a nutshell he's the original superhero man! Nuff said. Correct me if I'm wron but I always saw his as propaganda as unbeatable a possible American shout out they America(superman) is the undefeated. He's an iconic symbol, I like him. Just he's gotten a bit sour for me over time

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Explain how he's over powered despite the fact that he has at least 80 enemies that can have a fair fight with him and about 20 of those are more than capable of killing him at will? Could it be that maybe you like most of the "Superman is over powered" argument supporters that you're basing your view off the Silver Age books that haven't been cannon since the Early 70s? I'm a Superman fan but I understand that he does in fact have limits and can loose, now if Bat fan boys would admit that Batjesus isn't perfect now that would be a miracle.

#38 Posted by PowerHerc (84368 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol! Yes! This.

#39 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Youre right I know there are plenty that can beat him an he definately does have limits but I feel like he's too much sometimes. And to be honest it might just be viners that hate on him so much that burnt the fuse for me on him. Personally I feel at a loss on superman but he's still awesome. I don't think of batman as the best I just don't get tires of him simple as that and i used to feel that way about superman but it happened. I don't dislike supes I like him don't get me wrong man.

#42 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is painful to read.

#43 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

Lol! Yes! This.

Crickey! A Hercules fan, Loved the cartoon, How much does the comic version differ from the cartoon version in terms of character? If it's the same goofy Herc, I would love to check it :)

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Sorry if that came off as bitchy, I've just had this argument about Superman many times on here and 9 times out of 10 its someone who read one Silver Age book when they were 10 and based their whole view of the character on that.

#45 Posted by RDClip (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha, if you say this about Superman, then you should make the same claim about Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, The Flash, Green Lantern, the JLA, Spider-Man, the X-Men, etc, etc, etc. All massively popular characters that have been around for more than 50 years tend to feel too long live to a few people. However, if those characters still make money and are still creatively feasible, then they will remain in use. Hell, people are still telling stories about Robin Hood and King Arthur hundreds of years after their original publication.

In any fandom, some people are just maliciously selfish. They think that since they don't like something, then they have the right to claim that no one should enjoy it and thus it shouldn't exist. If you don't like Superman, then don't friggen read his books. What the hell is so hard about that. It's better to just ignore something that you don't like rather than complaining about it.

#46 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to make it clear, I am not a batman fanatic, There are quite a few characters i like more than him.

#47 Edited by PowerHerc (84368 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_ said:

@powerherc said:

@sheenlantern said:

Lol! Yes! This.

Crickey! A Hercules fan, Loved the cartoon, How much does the comic version differ from the cartoon version in terms of character? If it's the same goofy Herc, I would love to check it :)

He differs a lot but he's still cool.

#48 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by crash_ (159 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Mm not all dude it's just issues through the ages ive read it's pretty common knowledge that SA was really over the top. I'm just saying in general now but I've yet to read any new 52 superman so my opinion would be based off pre 52 I heard they watered him down a bit making him more rationally acceptable