#1 Posted by IamGog (296 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

nah!

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

D.

And I really don't say that lightly. I would really go against killing off Superman. I mean, look at what a mess "Death of Superman" was. Unless the story is a masterpiece and excellently crafted, it will flop financially and story-wise.

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#5 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

Should the pope stop being catholic?

#6 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

Hells to the F no

#7 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

There's characters in the DC-verse I really do like outside of Superman, but I dare say if he were to long-term die, I might stop reading (current) comics. I could maybe do Batman/GL where they focus heavily on the adventures within their own world (likely why those 2 weren't as re-booted as the others), but anything with a connection to the DC universe as a whole would lose it's appeal to me without Superman.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should he?

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Maybe he has. That might explain why he's quit.

That'd be an interesting twist.

#10 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would DC kill off permanently (or for 5 years) one of its iconic characters? Would Marvel kill off Spider-Man or Captain America for this length of time? Craziest idea I've ever heard on these boards

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13852 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Yes, but I don't think that I want to see Superman die.

#12 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Its not going to happen.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Nay. Never.

No, nay never, no more.

#14 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

will never happen, as much as people try and deny it superman and batman are the only way DC even gets recognition outside the comic industry, they can't kill their second biggest character.

#15 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if it is part of one hell of an event that makes it worth it creatively and financially

#16 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

will never happen, as much as people try and deny it superman and batman are the only way DC even gets recognition outside the comic industry, they can't kill their second biggest character.

This - But I would add that people outside of the Comic Industry would also recognise Wonder Woman; a) as a patriotic American figure and b) through the 70's TV show with Debra someone-or other in it

#17 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion said:

@DH69 said:

This - But I would add that people outside of the Comic Industry would also recognise Wonder Woman; a) as a patriotic American figure and b) through the 70's TV show with Debra someone-or other in it

okay yeah i'll give you that one, but still no where near the other twos publicity.

#18 Edited by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion said:

@DH69 said:

Lynda Carter ;)

#19 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

That's my real answer. Why is this question being asked? Is there a potential death incoming, or has someone recently suggested it seriously? Because barring some very important reason, I can't think of why you'd kill off any character, let alone one that important.

Also, all those global-level threats that only Superman is able to stop; who would deal with them in his stead?

#20 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout said:

@Mighty Thorion said:

@DH69 said:

Lynda Carter ;)

i was born in the wrong decade, god bless the 70's

#21 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Indeed it would.

#22 Posted by dondave (26566 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#23 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

in Marvel and DC, there is no such thing as death... Except for uncle Ben...

#24 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6181 posts) - - Show Bio

Silly question.

#25 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

and ted kord,

#26 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

How is it being killed permanently if he only stays dead for 5 years?

#27 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from a potential obvious rush to use certain words in his phrasing, I'm assuming he's just taking 5 years to be practically "forever" in the comic world (as so much can change over that span).

#28 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Death Certificate said:

@Timandm said:

and ted kord,

Didn't Ted come back as the white lantern or some such thing???
#29 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: He came back as a Black Lantern, but those things are just overpowered zombies

#30 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

He came back as a "zombie" in Blackest Night. Maxwell Lord came back in Brightest Day though (& used his mind control powers to F with people's memories of Ted, but Ted himself didn't come back).

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15716 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

#32 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@lightsout said:

@Timandm He came back as a "zombie" in Blackest Night. Maxwell Lord came back in Brightest Day though (& used his mind control powers to F with people's memories of Ted, but Ted himself didn't come back).

So he's... undead?!?!  LOL!!!  Um.. That's not supposed to be funny.. is it?  An undead lantern?  That just strikes me as odd...
#33 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@lightsout said:

@Timandm He came back as a "zombie" in Blackest Night. Maxwell Lord came back in Brightest Day though (& used his mind control powers to F with people's memories of Ted, but Ted himself didn't come back).

So he's... undead?!?! LOL!!! Um.. That's not supposed to be funny.. is it? An undead lantern? That just strikes me as odd...

Oh crap, hope I wasn't spoiling too much, haha. But yea, Blackest Night brought back a ton of dead characters as Black Lanterns (story-wise, just to F with the living loved ones who they meant something to). You could probably get a good summary of Ted's part in it on his wiki page

#34 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously 66% no

It was so easy to me to say yes XD

I think it would be interesting to see that possibility

#35 Posted by IamGog (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: that what i meant.

#36 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

only if its a good story.

#37 Posted by tensor (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

Not for that long ,nope that would never happen.

#38 Posted by joshmightbe (24098 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#39 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

No; that's too long without Superman.

#40 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but no way in hell should they kill him off, he's an icon and unlike, say Batman you can't have someone don the 'S' and take over as him in his stead.

#41 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14189 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

only if it's a good story ;)

#42 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

After Blackest Night, I'm not sure if Nekron left the door to death open after it all happened or if it was closed permanently, but that was the contextual reason why DC heroes simply couldn't stay dead.

Still, with the New 52, if they retconned the Death of Superman, then it'd be possible from a canon standpoint. However, since it's already been done, the impact of a dead Superman has kinda been lost.

#43 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

that would make an interesting story