#1 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

If a character had managed to complete their goals, should their comics end or should there be more stories to be told?

For example, if the X-Men do accomplished their goals of promoting peace between mutantkind and humanity, should there be more stories revolving around the X-Men working together with humanity or should they just end the X-Men franchise right there? Or with Spider-Man, since Spider-Man did marry Mary Jane before "One More Day," was it necessary to break Spider-Man off from Mary Jane despite the fact that there could have been more stories about Spider-Man being a devoted husband while fighting crime or would that have ended the Spider-Man franchise?

#2 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as there's people reading it, people wanting to write it and there's still some imagination left to evolve into a good story they should just continue. But regarding the X-Men example, I feel like they would lose some of their best parts of their stories.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (41014 posts) - - Show Bio

More stories.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57938 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course. Every good story has an end.

BB

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

itd be interesting to have the xmen and mankind fight together against some new foe. im all for story progression

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

itd be interesting to have the xmen and mankind fight together against some new foe. im all for story progression

Me too! I miss the days when human beings like Moira MacTaggert and Stevie Hunter helped out the X-Men.

#7 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? Depends on how good sales are. Writer's can always create more adventures/goals for the character. As long as their is a market for that character, there should always be new goals set for the characters.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? Depends on how good sales are. Writer's can always create more adventures/goals for the character. As long as their is a market for that character, there should always be new goals set for the characters.

I agree, although it's a bit annoying whenever a writer tries to develop that character, it gets dropped the moment another writer comes in and either changes the character completely or go back to the basics.

#9 Edited by TDK_1997 (14680 posts) - - Show Bio

There are comic books that should end after a character completes the goals of his life.But there are books like Spider-Man,X-Men,Batman and other popular characters' books where there can be a lot of stories told even after they have finished what they have started.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio