Should Supergirl be able to take on Superman's villains?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She is pretty powerful but downplayed alot I thought this was a interesting question

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Isn't she more powerful than him in the new52 or did they walk that back already? Why shouldn't she be able to take on his villains?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fodigg

@saren said:

@fodigg said:

Isn't she more powerful than him in the new52 or did they walk that back already? Why shouldn't she be able to take on his villains?

It was never a thing in the New 52, which makes it hard to walk back from.

I thought they implied that in the early issues of the new Supergirl run.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@fodigg said:

@saren said:

@fodigg said:

Nah. It was just the usual "I don't know how to hold back because I'm new here!" stuff. A few months after that Supergirl was humiliated by a Superman doppelganger that the real deal beat pretty easily.

Ah. Well. I find that mildly disappointing. Then again I'd rather she be interesting than more powerful, but so far I haven't seen much of that either.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

ya I don't see why not?

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which villains. Parasite, Atomic Skull & Toyman sure. She might have a harder time with Lex and Brainiac, not to mention Doomsday and Darkseid.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She can take on a few...

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Experio

Don't think she's up for it, unless she has shown the capability.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fodigg said:

@saren said:

@fodigg said:

@saren said:

@fodigg said:

Nah. It was just the usual "I don't know how to hold back because I'm new here!" stuff. A few months after that Supergirl was humiliated by a Superman doppelganger that the real deal beat pretty easily.

Ah. Well. I find that mildly disappointing. Then again I'd rather she be interesting than more powerful, but so far I haven't seen much of that either.

I think it was pre-52 that they stated she was -potentially- more powerful than Superman when she first arrived on Earth. Or maybe that was just in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse....

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: That was just for Loeb's oh so clever "Supergirl was winning only because Superman was holding back" plot twist

As for the thread itself, I dont see why not. Kara should be easily able to take care of the same villains Kal can, ie, Toyman, Lobo, Mongul, Parasite , Doomsday etc. she could also beat the plot device Villains like Lex and Braniac. She would either stomp Darkseid or get stomped by him depending on the version

She would probably lose to Zod, Bizarro and Cyborg Superman, given these are characters with similar speed but better strength feats

She would get annhilated by Mxy

But since comics dont arent exactly PIS free, expect her to stomp Mxy, beat Bizarro, get one shotted by Doomsday, and become either Lex or Darkseid's sex slave

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Thought they were her villains too?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It would be interesting if she tried to take down some villains like Parasite,Metallo or others of that kind - villains that aren't lower class but aren't the highest class either.It would be a good rivalry for a book and for a read.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'd lose to Darkseid,Henshaw(she already did with the rest of the Superman family),Doomsday,etc.