#1 Posted by krspaceT (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Its my understanding that the EU has been telling practical rehashings of the Star Wars Movies for decades, with failed republics, rising empires, fallen Skywalkers and planet destroyers. The timeline has also become so diluted it is difficult to figure out what is true and what is false.

Due to this, should they find a Star Wars Geoff Jonhs (AKA, a fan who can figure out what still works and what doesn't and redefine canon to be much more singular) and repair it, or should they just leave it alone, or perhaps just start creating alternate universes to tell large scale stories like how DC has Earth 2 and Marvel has/had the Ultimate Universe

Now, allow me to hide because I sense that anger shall soon follow this post

#2 Posted by RDClip (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's fine. Sure, there is a lot of crap in the EU, but there are plenty of gems in there, too. And I wouldn't say that EU is just rehashing of the movies, there are plenty that tell very original stories. Knights of the Old Republic and KotOR II certainly are not rehashes of the movies and are widely considered some of the greatest RPGs of all time.

As I understand it Lucasfilm used to have people who would review the new EU material just for continuity consistancy. I don't think they should try to reorganize the EU because it is supposed to represent the expanded UNIVERSE and with how many stories there are going all the way back to the origins of the galactic culture, it does feel like a universe.

#3 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with it, so no.

#4 Posted by JetiiMitra (8078 posts) - - Show Bio

No!

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32134 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing wrong with it, so no.