Should rocksteady make a Superman game

benwhisnant1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By benwhisnant1

With th sucess of the batman arkhsm seris becoming th best batman games ever made should rocksteqdy make a game for the man of steel and if they did what would you want it to be like and what villians would you want to see

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No. Maybe it'd be good but batman and superman are very different and what works in batman doesn't work in superman.

benwhisnant1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayc1324: it doesnt have to be like batman it could be completly differant

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benwhisnant1: and it should be completely different. That's what I was saying. But rocksteady showed they are good at batman games, that doesn't mean they're good at superman games too

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benwhisnant1: What makes you think Rocksteady would make a good Superman game

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@benwhisnant1: and it should be completely different. That's what I was saying. But rocksteady showed they are good at batman games, that doesn't mean they're good at superman games too

This is exactly how I feel about it.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By legacy6364

I would rather see Rockstar create a Superman game.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

I know it's ironic, but a Japanese company like Square Enix or Capcom should make Superman.

Most American made games aren't as large scale as games that those guys make.

Jmarshmallow

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really don't see a way to make a good Superman game.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaied

I never saw Rocksteady as a tailor made fit for Superman. I think Predator is a character they could do justice, and is more along the lines of what they're doing with Arkham.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I really don't see a way to make a good Superman game.

If anyone could do it, it's rocksteady

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't care who makes, just some one make it!

Make it a sandbox game, make the villain Apokalips and Darkseid and bring the pain! Have Geoff Jonns write that biatch and let's get busy!

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RetconCrisis

It wouldn't fit. Perhaps a Green Arrow game would fit them perfectly.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody should. I just want one good Superman video game before I die.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

No. I don't know who I would want to make a Superman game. He's actually really hard to create a game for.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe make the Superman game like they do with DBZ games. A little free roam maybe like in Spiderman games, fly around getting bank robbers and catch falling planes O.O? Its not har just not original lmao. IDK just throwing stuff out ther but what they chould make is a Justice League game somehwat like Ultimate Alliance. Those were always fun playing coop in.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres no way to make a good Superman game. Translating his speed and nigh invunerability would be impossible.

However I would love a Superman RELATED game,where you play as Commander Zod, before he was evil, saving Krypton from an enemies army invasion. A gears of war-esque third person shooter.

Avatar image for theflippinggrayson
TheFlippingGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I do believe they could make a decent Superman game given that they are, rather good at what they do. However, for one to expect a Superman game made by Rocksteady, the developer of Batman games, to be as good as a Batman game is wishful thinking. Rocksteady consisted of a theme who loved the character(Batman), his themes and basically everything about him. That amount of love and devotion resulted in a masterpiece. In the scenario where they were to make a Superman game, the love, passion and energy will not really be there. It will definitely be decent(like I have mentioned earlier) but the quality will not be the same as the Arkham series. Notice how the Arkham games have all these little details and and how they have beautiful music that fits the theme of the game. It really puts the players in a "Gotham environment". I will not say that Rocksteady is not good enough to make a Superman game because that would be untrue. They definitely are. But if the Superman fans are expecting a really good Superman game, a studio with developers who have passion for Superman should be the studio that makes the game. After all, that is what makes a game good. Passion determines effort. Effort determines quality. Quality determines satisfaction.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not impossible to make a good Superman game, it's just a bit tricky.

Superman's speed isn't an issue. Plenty of games deal with super speed, either through actual speed as in most racing games or through slowing down the world around you. For Superman the best solution would be to have different modes of speed. Cruising speed which is easily manageable and where most of the combat takes place and super speed mode that can be maintained for short bursts but slow everything around the character down and blurs the scenery. In this mode Superman is capable of unleashing extremely fast combos that only some enemies can react to and counter. You could recharge super speed mode by not using it, which would mean you need to pick and choose when to unleash Superman's full speed as a tactical choice.

Superman's invulnerability is hardly an issue. For side missions just make the threat be a threat to the citizens and not Superman himself. "Save the citizens before the bomb goes off!" sort of things that are time based, or "Intercept those bullets before the police officers get killed by the bank robbers" scenarios. Plus come on, it'd be fun to be able to FEEL like Superman and know nothing can ever hurt you personally, but still be put into challenging situations because OTHER people aren't invulnerable.

Of course, as we all know Superman isn't truly invulnerable. There are plenty of villains that can pose a serious threat to him, and that's where the game's combat really gets intense. When fighting the likes of Metallo, Parasite, Luthor in his armor, Feora, General Zod, Doomsday, Brainiac, or Darkseid Superman would very much be in danger of taking damage and dying. The list I just made is enough to support a full game, and it's not even close to ALL the characters that could fill this roll.

An idea I've suggested here before is to make the difficulty slider a part of the combat by having it represent how much Superman is holding back. The easiest difficulty would be Superman at his full power, dramatically increasing his damage output but also causing his attacks to cause collateral damage to innocent bystanders and the city. The hardest difficulty would be Superman limiting himself, removing the collateral damage factor short of what the bad guy inflicts but substantially lowering Superman's attack power, thus making each fight last much longer and be much more difficult.

The more destruction Superman causes the more parts of Metropolis Lex Luthor gets to rebuild, increasing Luthor's influence over the city and making it a worse and worse place to live and decreasing your overall score/rating as a hero, which causes the people of Metropolis to turn against Superman and start openly protesting you in the streets and throwing trash at you when you fly by. Conversely a player who always holds back and goes out of their way to take fights away from populated areas will be showered with praise and admiration by the people, much to Lex Luthor's disdain.

With that set up you have the makings of a great Superman game.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sure why not?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RisingBean

It's not impossible to make a good Superman game, it's just a bit tricky.

Superman's speed isn't an issue. Plenty of games deal with super speed, either through actual speed as in most racing games or through slowing down the world around you. For Superman the best solution would be to have different modes of speed. Cruising speed which is easily manageable and where most of the combat takes place and super speed mode that can be maintained for short bursts but slow everything around the character down and blurs the scenery. In this mode Superman is capable of unleashing extremely fast combos that only some enemies can react to and counter. You could recharge super speed mode by not using it, which would mean you need to pick and choose when to unleash Superman's full speed as a tactical choice.

Superman's invulnerability is hardly an issue. For side missions just make the threat be a threat to the citizens and not Superman himself. "Save the citizens before the bomb goes off!" sort of things that are time based, or "Intercept those bullets before the police officers get killed by the bank robbers" scenarios. Plus come on, it'd be fun to be able to FEEL like Superman and know nothing can ever hurt you personally, but still be put into challenging situations because OTHER people aren't invulnerable.

Of course, as we all know Superman isn't truly invulnerable. There are plenty of villains that can pose a serious threat to him, and that's where the game's combat really gets intense. When fighting the likes of Metallo, Parasite, Luthor in his armor, Feora, General Zod, Doomsday, Brainiac, or Darkseid Superman would very much be in danger of taking damage and dying. The list I just made is enough to support a full game, and it's not even close to ALL the characters that could fill this roll.

An idea I've suggested here before is to make the difficulty slider a part of the combat by having it represent how much Superman is holding back. The easiest difficulty would be Superman at his full power, dramatically increasing his damage output but also causing his attacks to cause collateral damage to innocent bystanders and the city. The hardest difficulty would be Superman limiting himself, removing the collateral damage factor short of what the bad guy inflicts but substantially lowering Superman's attack power, thus making each fight last much longer and be much more difficult.

The more destruction Superman causes the more parts of Metropolis Lex Luthor gets to rebuild, increasing Luthor's influence over the city and making it a worse and worse place to live and decreasing your overall score/rating as a hero, which causes the people of Metropolis to turn against Superman and start openly protesting you in the streets and throwing trash at you when you fly by. Conversely a player who always holds back and goes out of their way to take fights away from populated areas will be showered with praise and admiration by the people, much to Lex Luthor's disdain.

With that set up you have the makings of a great Superman game.

That is a real cool concept, actually. I've never attached the difficulty to actually being in game before.

My contribution to the idea of a Superman game is much like your side mission ideal. I think that the opening stage where you learn the controls and powersets should take place during a bank robbery or something. You're totally invincible as you get a feel for the game. Bad guys shoot you to no avail. You get a curb stomp victory and feel good about next taking on jobs that truly are for Superman.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've tried and it doesn't work