Should R Rated Movies and Pg 13 movies be connected?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By stormshadow_x

All the talk that one of the movies DC is planning is Suicide Squad I have to ask. There is no way Characters like the Suicide Squad, Deadpool, Punisher or a Jason Todd could fit into a Pg 13 movie and still stay true and be a good movie. So Lets Say Marvel makes another Blade or Punisher Movie (If they got the rights back) Should they connect it to their already established movies? How about the Suicide Squad or Jason Todd? If either got movies should it be apart of the Universe Man Of Steel started?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As far as Marvel, I don't think they should connect it with their already established movies. In order to keep the integrity of the characters they would have to put it in a separate Marvel Knights Universe. And for DC, Vertigo Universe.

I would love to see Christopher Nolan do a Rated-R Punisher.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I don't think R rated films would ever happen inside the main universes (Avengers, JLA) from the two main companies. But I love the idea of R rated stand alone films. I wouldn't want to see (JK I would absolutely see it) a PG-13 Suicide Squad, Punisher, or Deadpool film. It could definitely work though, think about how Watchmen was able to capture its tone. It couldn't have done that with a PG-13 rating.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eyedcyou said:

I don't think R rated films would ever happen inside the main universes (Avengers, JLA) from the two main companies. But I love the idea of R rated stand alone films. I wouldn't want to see (JK I would absolutely see it) a PG-13 Suicide Squad, Punisher, or Deadpool film. It could definitely work though, think about how Watchmen was able to capture its tone. It couldn't have done that with a PG-13 rating.

This

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does people remember The Punisher R Rated movie?

I think I am in the minority on this one, but I would prefer it if it was not R. You can still capture the essence of the character without gratuitous violence, language, sex, etc...

Quite often when shows go for a "hard R" they lose themselves in too much blood and gore. If you keep it story/character driven there really is no need for ultra-violence.

I even think this applies to a good Punisher movie/tv show. Look at the last Punisher movie... All of the other negatives aside, one major gripe was way too much violence. It starts to get ridiculous.

Keep Deadpool and Punisher PG-13. Focus on the characters themselves and an awesome plot. There will obviously be killing, but we don't need gore and language getting in the way.

Just my two cents...

mikelikemike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for a rated r batman movie.