Should Paul Cornel's run on wolverine count?

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it seems to me that paul cornel didn't do his research on wolverine before his run, its like he just generally had an idea he wanted to do for the character regardless of what was going on with him (in interviews he has said he told stegman to draw logan a lot uglier and shorter because that's how he remembered wolverine from way back in the day). For starters without his healing factor wolverine should be dead from metal poisoning, wolverine has feats to show drowning shouldn't do shit, and so on. But for me I thing that has me hating this whole thing is how wolverine's "turn" has completely derailed what Jason Aaron had been doing with wolverine. instead of killing him off (which wont last longer than a year) Aaron was changing the character fundamentally by giving him responsibility with his school leading towards a less violent path. that could have taken wolverine out of a lot of other books too, but instead they just decided to kill the character which just seems like another shock value stunt(ala superior spiderman)...again which I KNOW isn't gonna last, and I know every writer is entitled to there opinion but cornel's run is just rubbing me the wrong way