Should Onomatopeia be the Arrow season 4 villain?

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I was thinking that Season 4 could be based on "Sounds Of Violence" (they technically introduced Connor already) and Season 4's plot could be a crime thriller about a game of cat and mouse between Oliver and Ono?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I'd support it. I definitely think that, if Onomatopoeia were to appear, he should not be a one-and-done villain. I'm not sure there would be enough story to make him a season-long adversary, but perhaps an arc villain? Like Brick right now. In for a couple of episodes. Onomatopoeia has the potential to be both badass and frightening. And if he were used, it'd finally be the opportunity to get a costumed villain who is not serving as a season-long baddie.

Also, I do not think the inclusion of Mr. Blank in season one (who was based on Onomatopoeia) means that we can't see the real deal someday. After this League of Assassins business, it might be refreshing to grasp a smaller scale villain for season four.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else got an opinion?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@supbatz: Mr. Black was based on Onomatopoeia?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@supbatz: Mr. Black was based on Onomatopoeia?

Yes. Back in season one, the Arrow producers were planning on adapting Onomatopoeia as a one-and-done villain (most likely in a cruddy way like Constantine Drakkon and only to be killed off at the end of the episode). But before production of the episode began, Kevin Smith (Onomatopoeia's creator) said in an interview that he didn't think that his character would really work outside of comics. The Arrow producers claim to have read their interview and changed their minds about using him, instead loosely basing Mr. Blank on the character.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=77949

However, I think that the formula of the show has changed since then and that the showrunners could definitely bring Onomatopoeia to life on screen.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I think Amanda Waller should be the villain, Oliver should become a public and go on the run from ARGUS, Suicide Squad possibly use Flash to eventually catch him. They should use this show to finally do that Green Arrow: Escape from Super Max film idea (where Oliver has to survive a metahuman prison) that I've been dying to see since I heard of it.

Oh and in prison he should be forced to team up with Slade for survival.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Arrow needs to stop casting people from the Batman universe if wants to be something more that a Dark Knight Trilogy Copy.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes that would be nice. I wonder if they would only have him say Onomatopoeias.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@deathpoolthet1000: Get real, Onomatopeia was a Green Arrow villain FIRST before Batman came along

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Arrow needs to stop casting people from the Batman universe if wants to be something more that a Dark Knight Trilogy Copy.

Onomatopoeia first appeared in Green Arrow #12 written by Kevin Smith in 2002. He has since gone up against both Green Arrow and Batman, targeting the former before the latter. His shtick is to attack superheroes without powers. Both Green Arrow and Batman fit the bill. He is not a Batman villain.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Kidd

@supbatz: that's interesting I can see him working as an arc or reoccurring villain.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would work, but I would honestly rather him not the big BIG baddie for next season.

But that's mostly because I want it to be Richard Dragon II.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@supbatz said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
No Caption Provided

Onomatopoeia first appeared in Green Arrow #12 written by Kevin Smith in 2002. He has since gone up against both Green Arrow and Batman, targeting the former before the latter. His shtick is to attack superheroes without powers. Both Green Arrow and Batman fit the bill. He is not a Batman villain.

DOn't mind him. He constantly spews this nonsense about how everything copies Batman.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
No Caption Provided

DOn't mind him. He constantly spews this nonsense about how everything copies Batman.

This is comicvine, if some one doesnt say they copy Batman, it stop being comicvine.

Its like the Chew Force.