Should Katana be in the next round of DC Cancellations?

MajorJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Should Katana be in the next round of DC Cancellations? (39 votes)

Yes 77%
No 23%

This rather melodramatic comic just does not seem to be improving.. I am afraid I am dropping it..

wanted to know if anyone thinks it is redeemable?

• 
M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By M3th

I haven't read it but I think Publishers/Companies/Corporations should truly give a series a solid chance. I think every new series should get a 12 issues minimum.

I don't see the point in giving an obscure character a shot and expecting something from 5 issues.

But... whatever

-m3th.O.D.-

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could go the Green Arrow route. That seemed to work out well.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SupBatz

Either cancel it or change the writer because, quite frankly, it is horrible. DC should really reconsider giving Nocenti writing duties in the future.

Normally I'd agree that giving new series a 12-issue minimum would be fair, but history leads me to believe that Katana will NOT improve. And I'd rather it get cancelled than a series I actually enjoy (Vibe).

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

It was doomed from the minute they gave it to Nocenti.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nocenti doesn't seem to get or care for the character. Katana is a ninja/samurai character with the superhero angle and IN the DC universe! How can you go wrong with that?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is terrible and I'd like a refund for my five issues I wasted my money on.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

For the destruction of one of my favorite characters, i sentence this series to a much deserved cancellation.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

It could be better, but I wouldn't call it irredeemable.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Guess I'm in the minority here. I actually like this book, it's not my favorite I pull but I enjoy it.

To be honest though, the writing has gotten worse every issue and I agree with Blackdog2009, I don't think Nocenti cares for the character. However, even though inconsistent I love the art by Sanchez. If they put a new writer on this book I think it could survive(barely) but if they don't I agree it's probably doomed.

Edit: OH! And for god's sake move Katana out of "Japantown"...-rabble rabble rabble-

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@fodigg said:

i would and im not even reading it

This is WRONG. Sick and Wrong.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

i would and im not even reading it

This art needs to go back to the nineties where it belongs.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@m3th said:

I haven't read it but I think Publishers/Companies/Corporations should truly give a series a solid chance. I think every new series should get a 12 issues minimum.

I don't see the point in giving an obscure character a shot and expecting something from 5 issues.

But... whatever

-m3th.O.D.-

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@m3th said:

This.
Change the writer would be a good first move. Even though Nocenti is a good writer she just doesn't care for what she is currently writing or she has no idea about the characters.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@squalleon said:

@m3th said:

This.

Change the writer would be a good first move. Even though Nocenti is a good writer she just doesn't care for what she is currently writing or she has no idea about the characters.

Agreed. Cancel Dark Knight instead.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@m3th said:

This.

Agreed. Cancel Dark Knight instead.

Dark Knight and Superman Unchained are the most uneccessary DC titles right now.
Dark Knight is plain bad and Snyder/Lee could work on the main Superman title actually improving it.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm in the minority as well, I suppose. I like this book. It has a spaghetti western feel to it, and that particular genre is derived from the samurai serials that came before.

I wouldn't judge the art on the basis of a heavily compressed internet jpg.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By M3th

@squalleon: Yes DC will cancel their highest selling series because they are "unnecessary."

Now I say that to say this, The Big Two(and I would doubt it if the rest were as big) will make poor decisions because they will make $$$ revenue $$$. So I can't blame the Big Two. The fans however I totally blame. Y'all "hate" events but ya keep buying em. I can keep going but really, I stand by my first point. If you want to take a chance with a character give em a real shot 12 issues minimum.

-m3th.O.D.-

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yokergeist

Yes

MajorJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: i am afraid I am a little taken a back..

I read and stuck with several series including legion lost, and legion of superheroes because I believed in them and supported them. through good stories and bad.

however the storyline for Katana has been a joke and not in the funny way.. I enjoyed the character on Birds of Prey and historically, but explain to me why I should continue to waste my money on a book that I am frankly not enjoying, would that money not be best spent on another title.

Vibe started at the same time, and it is by far for me a better book... and one I am still supporting. If you have a new book, with a character like this it needs to race out the blocks.. not wait a year for something that might not happen...

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: Faded, almost washed out looking colors, weird proportions, haphazard levels of detail, difficulties with sequential art, a pretty damn lazy background, and just the general artistic mediocrity that existed in the 90s with some exceptions like Alex Ross' beautiful paintings.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cancel Katana, replace with a shazam ongoing ohhh yeahhhh

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jointron33
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Unchained is DC's biggest seller right now for reasons I don't understand. I can't see it getting cancelled.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Squalleon

@xwraith said:

@squalleon: Unchained is DC's biggest seller right now for reasons I don't understand. I can't see it getting cancelled.

Don't confuse success with neccessity.
Superman Unchained is one of those titles that aren't needed because the main superman title sucks and Action hadn't a stable writer since Grant Morrison so the creative team could work there.
SU IS my favorite DC title but that doesn't make it neccessary.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could go the Green Arrow route. That seemed to work out well.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Most definitely.The book is just terrible and it doesn't seem to sell that well.