Should Jay Garrick exist in Prime-Earth?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I think he should. I mean have him just go by The Flash too over in Keystone City. Different costume, there's enough space between them for the name to work. Hell have it be where he's "The Flash of Keystone City", with Jay originally wanting to go by Mercury, but people assumed he was Barry, since super speed red blur, and started calling him The Flash too and it stuck. Even have a team up comic called

"The Flash: The Fastest Men Alive"

As for what Jay's costume would be?

No Caption Provided

You literally can't beat a classic.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wouldn't complain, although I would prefer some sort of mix between his classic and New 52 looks myself.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: I'd be fine if they kept his FIRST helmet he had in Earth 2(Seriously that new one is garbage) but with the classic costume for the rest of it. Or maybe a jacket sort of like the CW version.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I think what needs to happen is a modern retelling of "The Flash of Two Worlds" where like in the original Pre Crisis comic, Barry's powers cause a flux in the vibrations in the universe bringing Jay over from Earth-2 (or wherever he is now after Earth-2 sadly got f*cked over) and they have an adventure together, after which Barry tries to send him back and accidentally gets sucked to wherever Jay is now and make the next story revolve around Barry being trapped in this other universe trying to get back.

That's something I've wanted to see ever since DC brought back the idea of Earth-2

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why beat a dead horse?

Have you read every Jay Garrick story yet?

There's a lot of them. Do you need more if you haven't read what's already out there?

I like Jay Garrick, if you're wondering:

1. He has a square as hell Golden Age design, and I like it a lot,
  2. I like how his origin was that he inhaled "hard water",
  3. I am turned on, physically, by how he wasn't allowed to fight Hitler in World War II because Hitler possessed the lance that pierced the side of Christ, and only this fact prevented Jay Garrick from sliding up to Hitler like eyy
  4. and I love that Ryan & Morrison story where he's facing down three generations of super-villains and gives a steely bluff that neither he nor any of his enemies believe, and buys just enough time to save the day.

But: I also feel like we can do without whatever abominable new version of this character is about to get rolled out for the billionth failed attempt to make a hokey, jokey old character mesh with the gore-oriented DC lineup of today.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@greatkirbysghost: I just think having it done? Would work since it's only dark and depressing if they let it be. Just ignore all of the tone of the universe prior and focus on a new lighter one. Best strategy I can think of. It's worked great for Batgirl so far.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Can I just say I despise what happened with Earth 2? Seriously they had SUCH a rich lore set up so quickly and? Boom, gone, no more. Now it's an overly sci-fi thing that's not even CLOSE to what Earth 2 should have been about, establishing the Justice Society of America.... AMERICA'S BEEN BLOWN SKY HIGH IN THAT UNIVERSE!!!!!! And saying they're the "Justice Society" one time does not make them the Justice Society since to my knowledge? That's NEVER been said again.