Should Iceman join The Avengers?

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maximizer

Just skimmed through Second Coming and Iceman briefly asked if the Avengers were hiring. I don't know why it never hit me before but I think Bobby would make a great Avenger. Unlike Sunspot or Cannonball, I'd have thought Cap would ask him to join (he was at the school but whatever). Anyway, does anyone else think he'd make a good Avenger? I wouldn't care if he got shoved aside (development-wise) as he has the last 20 years. He's one of the few X-Men that would operate well with the Avengers.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never liked when Avengers and X-Men mixed together. It still bothers me that Wolverine is an Avenger. I think they should be separate.

BUT if anyone deserves to be an Avenger of the X-Men, it's Bobby Drake.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Honestly He's the only Xmen I see with them Wolverine is apart of every team I swear. When he runs out He'll be a part times in the Justice League in DC :/

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I prefer the teams separated. I know it's a joined universe and they exist alongside one another but I don't know. It always felt cheap trading off characters, like it's just to try and get fans to buy more books.

On the flip, if they created an Avenger-equivalent character to Iceman with the same powers to show how he'd integrate into the team, people would rage and say "why not Bobby?". So, I guess there is no real right answer.

He's one of the guys that I guess would be cool to see cross over, because he fills a power gap that the Avengers might not otherwise have in their roster.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe but then again, wolverine in the avengers already got flak, this one should as well.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I don't mind it if he would join them. Sunspot and Cannoball have been great additions to the team so it's not all bad when X-Men members join the Avengers.

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being one of the more recognised X-Men, you'd expect them to do something more with Bobby. If not joining The Avengers he should really bring back the Champions.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dunno, I think it might be interesting if he was in the Defenders with other power houses like Strange and Surfer, he is supposed to be planetary after all. I like my X-men being street levelers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

They should reform the Champions as the West Coast equivalent to the Avengers .

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes he should.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think he should he would be an epic memeber hell more avengers need to go over to the x men too.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked when Avengers and X-Men mixed together. It still bothers me that Wolverine is an Avenger. I think they should be separate.

BUT if anyone deserves to be an Avenger of the X-Men, it's Bobby Drake.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@darthaznable: And I'm ok with that to an extent, it is a business after all, but putting characters in a half dozen different titles just feels like they're being pimped out. They can't be everywhere at once haha.