Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7779 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Should I start picking up Hawkeye or Daredevil? (35 votes)

Daredevil? 66%
Hawkeye? 34%

So, I'm thinking about dropping Deadpool. Which I really don't want to do, but the frequent printing schedule is putting a bit of a drain on my wallet. I may pick it back up later, but right now I need to replace it with something that doesn't cost $3.99 every other month. I've narrowed it down to two choices sense I've heard nothing but good things about both series'. Well, I've heard I few people complain about the art, but it looks alright to me.

Anyway, Iv'e narrowed it down to these choices, but I need a little help making the final decision. So if a few of my fellow Viners would submit an answer and maybe put a little about the comic and why they like it, that would really help.

Thanks for reading. :)

#1 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (40737 posts) - - Show Bio

You should really try get both because they are both awesome, but if you really are forced to choose one, I'd recommend Daredevil.

#3 Edited by i_like_swords (13854 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.

#4 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt care for hawkeyes art at first but they changed it so its all good now. for marvel books hawkeye is my 5th fav but daredevil is my first or second fav its honestly they best daredevil ive read in like 13 years. also the darkknight daredevil mini series is fantastic. id say pick up hawkeyes my life as a weapon tpb and see if you like it but subscribe to daredevil for sure.

#5 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Both very good BUT daredevil is by far better

#6 Edited by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Go sell a kidney, get both.

#7 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care for the Hawkeye series but people really like it. Daredevil is awesome! For me, Daredevil is so much better

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23793 posts) - - Show Bio

But are really great..but if you HAVE to only get one....Hawkeye.

#9 Edited by danhimself (22448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye

#10 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I know you like Batman very much, and IMO Daredevil is more like those comic books than Hawkeye. And it's a really good series as well.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17806 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil

#12 Edited by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigtewell said:

I didnt care for hawkeyes art at first but they changed it so its all good now.

what's it like having defective eyes?

given OP likes Deadpool for some insane reason, though, I would say Hawkeye is closer in tone, DD isn't quite as goofy, bro

#13 Posted by 14NC3 (1748 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted hawkeye but it's really, really close. Both comics are great to read.

#14 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

i like daredevil a lot more , got bored with hawkeye rather quickly . and the first arc of daredevil is just awesome.

#15 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started getting Green Arrow, so two archer books on my pull-list might get a little redundant. I'm starting to lean towards Daredevil...

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (40737 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

You have mad a good decision friend. I mean, you should really try get both because they are both very good, but Daredevil is just crazy good.

#17 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Daredevilnut (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Both but if you have to pick just one go with daredevil

#19 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: @wolverine08:

Do either of you know when would be a good place to start picking it up? I mean, as far as a new story arc starting?

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (40737 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

Daredevil #28 was the beginning of a new arc. It came out last Wednesday on the 10th.

#21 Edited by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: what Wolverine08 said. issue 28 came out recently. But I started from issue 23 and you might want to start from there if you have the money. The story arc is great. But if not, you can start from the last issue, 28, and still enjoy it.

#22 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#23 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started getting Green Arrow, so two archer books on my pull-list might get a little redundant. I'm starting to lean towards Daredevil...

I have Green Arrow and Daredevil on my pull list and they are my two favorite. Take Daredevil, you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

#24 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: @batmannflash:

Thanks, guys. I don't think I have the money to start with #23. But, I'll definatly start picking up the title. Maybe I'll get a few trades too.

#25 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7779 posts) - - Show Bio