Posted by tweakedsynth (4 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Should I Read Venom? (27 votes)

Yes 74%
No 26%

After seeing the "Should I Read Scarlet Spider?" thread and realizing I should probably be reading it I was wondering if the same is true for Venom.

Thoughts?

#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Rick Remender wrote the first few arcs, and he's an awful writer, so I'd say no.

He was then followed by Cullen Bunn who is supposed to be so bad that people who could tolerate Remender's work don't like him. So I'd say no.

#2 Edited by CheeseSticks (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Well Rick Remender wrote the first few arcs, and he's an awful writer, so I'd say no.

He was then followed by Cullen Bunn who is supposed to be so bad that people who could tolerate Remender's work don't like him. So I'd say no.

Wow, did you read the series or you are basing your opinion on the writer ? Rick Remender wrote Uncanny X-Force and Venom and they were two of the best at the time. Right now, i can see why Remender suck with his Uncanny Avengers serie but dude, Venom and UXF were awesome.

For the OP: Go buy it, it's really really good (especially Remender's run). Even if Bunn isn't all that good, he's killing it right now on the Venom title.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen Bunn >>>>>RICK remender.

I don't know what people dislike about Bunns run, it's really fun and it's one of my favorite top 10s.

#4 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

While I like remender for laying the ground work, bunn expanded it. Venom moving out of new york was a good call.

#5 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

fade why

I don't know what people dislike about Bunns run, it's really fun and it's one of my favorite top 10s.

I find that, more and more, whenever comic fans say a book is "fun", especially when it's a book that a lot of people don't like, they actually mean it's awful but they enjoy it anyway. Like it's a last ditch defense against criticism. :P

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

fade why

@theacidskull said:

I find that, more and more, whenever comic fans say a book is "fun", especially when it's a book that a lot of people don't like, they actually mean it's awful but they enjoy it anyway. Like it's a last ditch defense against criticism. :P

I can see why you'd say that, but when somethings bad i say it , This IS Not Bad, it's not perfect, but it's good IMO, now Daniel ways Thunderbotls, thats bad, i mean REALLY bad. though fun stories don't = shit writing though, Loebs writing on Rulk could be called fun but it sucks, it;s not good, while His HUSH is Fun and awesome. Superman Unchained is fun also. :)

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Well..... it's better then Thunderbolts.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, by the way OP, yes. Start from #1.

#9 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender's Venom was great.I was really enjoying the book and I still am but it's not the same as before.Go buy the book,you will like it.

#10 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Its a fun book.

#11 Posted by Hanson724 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy this and Scarlet Spider. It's really good and it's cool that he's in Philly. It's also one of the few Marvel titles for 2.99.

#12 Posted by Airmansmith21 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

venom and scarlet spider are marvels best two books right NOW!.......

#13 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

It's worth checking out.

#14 Posted by ChocolateFrogs (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I say yes, if that character/power set interests you. I picked up a few of the recent "moved to Philly" issues and loved the direction the title is going. I hope to pick up the trade starting with that.

#15 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Well..... it's better then Thunderbolts.

Everything is better than Thunderbolts.

#16 Posted by SoA (4828 posts) - - Show Bio

si

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

fade why

Darkly self obsessed violent sci-fi gets old.

BB

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by cgarza12 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I start Venom with Cullen Bunn's run?

#20 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8530 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Obtrusive (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this agent venom? If thats the case I would say yes, strongly agree.