Edited 1 year, 4 hours ago

Should I read Daredevil or Aquaman (59 votes)

Daredevil 47%
Aquaman 51%
Other (preferably Marvel or an independent) 2%

I'm looking to start reading a new ongoing series. I've narrowed it down to Aquaman or Daredevil, but can't decide between the two. I would love to hear your opinions of the two. Or if you have another recommendation for either a Marvel or independent book, would love to hear them. (currently reading Deadpool, Thor, Hawkeye, and Saga)

Thanks.

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15959 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is amazing! NOT reading is a SIN! YOU SINNER!

#2 Edited by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not try the first issues of both?
BB

#3 Posted by RustyRoy (9245 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read Daredevil, Aquaman is pretty good but I can name a few comics other than these two that are good ; Batman, Hawkeye, The Flash, Batman and Robin, Batwoman, Uncanny X-Men are pretty great.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

I haven't read Daredevil, Aquaman is pretty good but I can name a few comics other than these two that are good ; Batman, Hawkeye, The Flash, Batman and Robin, Batwoman, Uncanny X-Men are pretty great.

Well he's already reading Hawkeye.

BB

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (9245 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on your current comic choices, I voted for Daredevil. Hawkeye and Deadpool are pretty casual-oriented, and Waid's run, while not necessarily casual or new-reader focused, has a similar tone. It's a lot like Thor, actually.

Aquaman, on the other hand, isn't that great right now. I liked the first arc, but I got bored when it started requiring you to buy Justice League.

#7 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil would probably be more your fit considering what you are already reading. But Aquaman has been a great read so far.

#8 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard that both are excellent and that both are worth picking up so either. As I have not read either I will just vote based on the one I'm more interested in and that is Aquaman.

#9 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is quite possibly the best book on the shelves right now besides Saga. No doubt Aquaman is up there but if I was forced to choose I'd pick DD. I have quite a big pull list an both DD and Aquaman are on it.

#10 Posted by Dreadmaster (16776 posts) - - Show Bio

I lost interest in DD a couple of issues after Waid took over. Aquaman.

#11 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is amazing! NOT reading is a SIN! YOU SINNER!

Ha ha. So true.

Read all of Daredevil. He's simply one of the best characters in comics with some of the best stories in comics.

#12 Posted by The_jackolantern (438 posts) - - Show Bio

id go daredevil every time

#13 Posted by nintendork666 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

DD is rock solid.

#14 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman for sure!

Aquaman, on the other hand, isn't that great right now. I liked the first arc, but I got bored when it started requiring you to buy Justice League.

The current arc isn't requiring you to buy Justice League...

#15 Posted by Catsnlynne (908 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Daredevil.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Aquaman.

#17 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is neatly written and the art is great! The art is better in Aquaman but otherwise Daredevil beats him!

#18 Edited by Dabee (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you shouldn't read Daredevil or Aquaman. You should read Daredevil and Aquaman.

You're welcome.

#19 Posted by TimeLordScience (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil all the way. Aquaman is definitely good too, and I love that character also, but DD is still a superior book. Plus, I have much more trust in Waid then Geoff Johns.

#20 Posted by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read either. But I like Waid's writing more than Johns.

#21 Edited by kilomac29 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the vote was split on which was the better ongoing series to start. I guess the only thing to do, as many of you recommended, is to read both. Which is probably what I would have done eventually anyway. Thanks everyone for your votes and your opinions. Much appreciated!

#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilomac29 well played sir. Win win

#23 Posted by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has won awards sir. Lol, that should be enough of a reason.

#24 Posted by Binski (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#25 Edited by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has won awards sir. Lol, that should be enough of a reason.

Ehhh...

BB

#26 Edited by Fenderxx (305 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started reading Daredevil starting 3 issues ago aand I really enjoy it