#1 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

This will probably be long, so you can just skip it and answer the question if you want.

I just got into comics in March (I think.....) mostly because of an ipad app I got called Comixology and the New 52. I quickly formed a pull-list of the following titles: Batman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman & Robin, and Nightwing. I got the first six issues of those series, and really liked them. Then, I joined Comic Vine. My first thread was asking if there was any titles of the New 52 I was missing out on. The book I got suggested that stood out the most was The Flash, so my second thread was asking if I should get that book. The results mostly varied from mediocre-really good, so I decided to check it out. I bought issue #1 and thought it was good, so I decided to get issue #2. It was good too, but I started to feel a bit unsure if I should continue it past that. I didn't point this out earlier, but I'm trying to keep my list below 8 titles, and I plan to try out Earth 2, Justice League of America, (possibly Batman/Superman if it gets good reviews) and Superman Unchained, when I get to their waves. If I were to get the Flash, I'd have to take one of those out.

So, is The Flash worth getting? Are any of those titles I plan on buying replacable with The Flash?

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone at all?

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Personally, I'm not a fan of the current Flash series. You're probably better off witha different book.

#5 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: I've been keeping up with The Flash and am considering dropping it soon. It started off good, but now it's getting boring.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57903 posts) - - Show Bio

Get it if you like it.

BB

#7 Edited by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think it's something you'll enjoy get it. If not don't. Eliminate popularity from the equation.

#8 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the advice.

#9 Posted by nickthedevil (11814 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash is my favorite series thus far. My pull list changes and shifts dramatically. But the one constant series I'll always get, no matter what, is The Flash.

And it's only going to get better, by the looks of it.

I'd say keep it. But that's my opinion.

#10 Posted by Catsnlynne (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Yes! Yes! Get it. You won't regret it.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang it, now 2 people say its bad, 2 people say I shouldn't use other people's opinions, and 2 people say its awesome.

#12 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Flash series. Plus Reverse Flash is introduced!

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (57903 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang it, now 2 people say its bad, 2 people say I shouldn't use other people's opinions, and 2 people say its awesome.

You should make up your own opinion :/
BB

#14 Edited by jeanespinosa21 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

flip a quarter! when the quarter is in the air you'll realize what you really want! Trust me works every time!

#15 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

GEt Geoff Johns run on green latnern starting with rebrith. Its really goood

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23742 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, personally I like it, though you should ultimately decide for yourself. And if that doesn't work, flip a coin.

#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

your call. I think your good with Batman, Aquaman and Justice League the other titles you've mentioned I'm not too big on.

Action Comics might be worth checking out. I no longer pick it up but I followed the first 11 issues or so. Green Lantern Corps is another solid read. You can go from the beginning or pick it up from issue #21 your choice

#18 Posted by knightofthechronicle (672 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Personally, I thought that the Flash has been great so far. If you've only gotten the first two issues, then I suggest you finish off the storyline first to see how you like it, that's probably a good way to see if you like it or not. After that it goes into the Rogues, which I thought was a great story, and then Gorilla Warfare, which might be better for you if you buy all at once since people didn't seem to like the pacing.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll get issue 3 to see if I should continue further.