Should "house of M" really beconsidered an alternate reality???

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

Thoughts?

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Enosisik

House of M was an event but in some universe it continues to be that way. So it is but it isn't if you get what I'm saying .

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Wanda more or less made a new reality. It's just that that reality doesn't exist anymore. Kinda like Age of X. Even if some of the characters were transported there from 616, not all of them were (like Gwen Stacy, who was remade. Not the same person as 616)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Well if alternate realities result every time there's a metaphorical fork in the road of eventuality that means in one universe things weren't reset to normal and house of M continued for all eternity, possibly in thousands of alternate reality this happened.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE

@JediXMan said:

Wanda more or less made a new reality. It's just that that reality doesn't exist anymore. Kinda like Age of X. Even if some of the characters were transported there from 616, not all of them were (like Gwen Stacy, who was remade. Not the same person as 616)

I'm with this. The same goes for Heroes Reborn. The characters from 616 were in a separate physical reality and different planet all together, even ruled over by a separate TOAA (Franklin) for awhile, and the same characters returned to 616 literally, and their memories of it eventually faded. As well Cable connected with this reality post creation, Rikki Barnes and Lancer, native construct of Franklin's power came to 616. Dr.Doom aware of his role here returned later as did Onslaught. The Heroes Reborn reality was actually recreated twice more, once as the conjoined Marvel/Wildstorm WW3 reality, and back to Heroes Return. In the case of House Of M, the alternate reality took place in the same physical space as 616, but, was still a divergence as noted by the visiting Exiles team. Key word is divergent reality. When the time stream is altered, say in the case of Age Of Apocalypse, and a new tangent version of reality formed even thought taking place in the same physical space as the prime reality, it's still an " alternate " reality. In short, the word is a bit all encompassing in meaning. For additional support of the vote, House Of M is listed by Marvel in the Alternate Realities Handbook.

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator

I like to think House of M just switched back to normal 616, but there's probably still someplace where it's still like that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Edamame said:

House of M wasn't even in Earth-616 (the main universe) but rather in Earth-58163.

I also find it interesting how Magneto has only defeated Apocalypse in storylines that don't fall within Earth-616, but that is another discussion.

Earth-58163 Isn't really an alternate reality.It's basically Earth-616 with a bunch of what if outcomes thrown into the time line.I know this because Luke Cage only had sex with Felicia Hardy\Black Cat in House of M and during the Black Panther marriage arc when Cage was attacked in his apartment his couch got destroyed and he said "Awww, man...I had Black Cat on that couch." So that was something that is canon to Earth-616.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@JediXMan said:

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

House of M was a reality which was created by Wanda but after the Avengers and the X-Men stopped her,that reality doesn't exist any longer.Like when they made Age of X but in the end of the story that reality was destroyed.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

It is an alternate reality.

So it should be considered an alternate reality.

Duh.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BloodTalon

@BlackArmor said:

Well if alternate realities result every time there's a metaphorical fork in the road of eventuality that means in one universe things weren't reset to normal and house of M continued for all eternity, possibly in thousands of alternate reality this happened.

This is the way I see it and that goes for the Age of X reality as-well

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@InnerVenom123 said:

Duh.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

I personally don't consider it an alternate reality. I consider it a highly affective illusion, as it was an event that took place in Earth 616, and the consequences were consequences that were that of 616.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@InnerVenom123 said:

Duh.

It's really not though because some of the events in it are canon to 616.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@BloodTalon said:

@BlackArmor said:

This is the way I see it and that goes for the Age of X reality as-well

At the end of AoX it was recreated for real
ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Vance Astro: my thoughts exactly

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Edamame said:

House of M wasn't even in Earth-616 (the main universe) but rather in Earth-58163.

I also find it interesting how Magneto has only defeated Apocalypse in storylines that don't fall within Earth-616, but that is another discussion.

I also found it interesting how Magneto beat Apocalypse so easily in the final battle in AoA, yet didn't kill him earlier.

And yeah House of M is an alternate reality.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Jnr6Lil: honestly the people who don't see it as an alternate reality know how to explain their reasoning a little better than the people who are in the affirmative.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@Jnr6Lil: honestly the people who don't see it as an alternate reality know how to explain their reasoning a little better than the people who are in the affirmative.

Well House of M has already been confirmed to be an ultimate reality. It's not Earth 6-1-6.

Althought we can say the events in House of M caused things that happened in Earth 6-1-6, that's just a blending of realitys.

Essentially House of M is an alternate reality storyline wise, but not continutity wise.