Should fans who dont like Aquamans DCCU costume be hated?

• 80 results
Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Heatblaze

I really wanted the costume to be more traditional. If he looked like one of these, I'd be fine. But no.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

@justthatkid: The problem with BadBAzz its that it doesnt work in the 90s line anymore.

In a society of constant changes, this definition mean a new thing, not only that but it also depends of the audience taste.

90s Aquaman was a part of what we call the EXTREME 90s, a thing that its totally over and dead.

People who attack the idea that keep the classic Aquaman would had hurt the character, forget how much people start disliking the 90s Aquaman and the fact he got killed to bring an Aquaman that was pretty much the classic Aquaman.

Not everybody who doesnt like this Aquaman design, wanted him to use the exact same costume he uses in the comics.

I for example have watched tons of designs all over the internet that try to get a modern Aquaman, give him a twist.

Also Zack Snyder find a way to redesign the Watchmen, even the terrible ones and made them work.

The most amazing thing its that the X Men franchise it finding way to bring costumes that look incredibly classic, but give them a modern twist or a movie twist.

Aquaman from all the character was the one that you could play the most, he lives under water, he isnt human and lives in an another society.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Even Wolverine used in some way his classic colors
Even Wolverine used in some way his classic colors

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By comicfan11

Here's Aquaman Momoa without the filters (for those who worry about the colors)

No Caption Provided

You can see gold on the armor, the symbol on the belt and the green on the pants.

His hair and beard are also part blond, so his history and explanation of his powers can be intact.

No Caption Provided

Here he is on comic book form, and even without color he still looks like Aquaman

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What? It's a fantastic design.

We can't be friends anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Since this is the internet, I am so going to get flack for just saying that...

this

and this

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: How does someone saying it doesn't look like aquaman mean they don't know what they're talking about? I am no aquaman expert but I have read tons of Justice League comics with him in them, and while the costume looks awesome, it doesn't look like aquaman very much to me.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Dextersinister

@comicfan11 said:

@leo-343 said:

Aquaman's costume is my favourite out of anyone in the JL lineup...

But they should certainly be ignored.

What a crock of sh*t, ignoring them is the same thing as hating them and you are clearly doing that when you say that someone disagreeing with something you don't like is b*tching.

Respect someone else's taste as there is going to be a day when someone is going to call you a whiny, entitled, b*tch simply for not liking something.

On the Aquamna thing I don't care, I have no stock in Aquaman but I do in treating the masses with respect.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Ignoring is just not caring. it's not the same. Theirs a difference between b*tching and stating an opinion.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Because it looks like Aquaman. Maybe not the Aquaman u know, but definitely a comic book version of Aquaman. Because it doesn't look like Aquaman to you, doesn't mean you are right. In fact you are objectively wrong, since you yourself admitted you have no in depth knowledge of Aquaman. In other words you have an opinion that's not based on all the facts.

His appearance is based on Aquaman's history, which if you knew you would immediately recognize. See the pics I posted above.

I'm not attacking you or anything here, I'm just stating the truth.

Aquaman has looked like that for more than 12 years and even more if you include JLU.

It's not something Snyder's costume designer pulled out of thin air (like Deadpool's sewn mouth in Wolverine origins).

@dextersinister: If you think that ignoring someone is the same as hating someone, then the problem is with you.

Also my opinion is based on fact. If someone who claims he knows about Aquaman doesn't recognize that Aquaman has looked like that for nearly 2 decades, then in fact he is lying or simply doesn't know about Aquaman. That's a fact.

It's similar to someone saying he knows about Jean Grey, but is surprised when you tell him he was the Phoenix at some point. Either he is lying or simply doesn't know about Jean Grey.

As I already stated I have no problem with any opinion based on actual fact. I also prefer the current look to this one (although I love them both). And there are many fans who don't like this costume. But they are not using stupid, false arguments like "Nyaaaaah Aquaman doesn't look like this, nyaaaaaahhh" as an excuse.

@dbvse7: Thank you

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Yeah I have seen pictures of him like that in comics. When I say he doesn't look like aquaman, I mean that that is not the version I am used to, and without his trident I would not instantly know it's him.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: That's fair enough. No problem with this opinion, but there are many people who are used to this version who would recognize him (like you do the classic version).

And that's my point. This look is not alien or random for Aquaman so to argue based on that, is fundamentally flawed.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Agree with your post given the fact that Atlantis is very fictional and geographically could be anywhere near The countries and places that touch the Atlantic there was alot of leg room.

Honestly 90's Aquaman wasnt nothing more then a phase for the character and there isnt anything wrong with referencing phases, but characters shouldnt be returned to phases meant for a certain time period.

One of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever seen was modernizing the classic look wouldnt have worked on screen. I dont get where that's based from it sounds more made up then actual reasoning. If your paid to design characters you should be able to create designs that in thought would of sounded weird but turn up visually amazing.

After seeing the released image in color I did grow a bit more fond on the design but its still my least favorite character design of the 4.

Im a bit sad hes shirtless Snyder seems to like that thing Im starting to assume after watching MOS. Would of loved a top underneath the harness with a somewhat classic appeal but toned down. Heck it didn't have to be scale armor, crustacean would of been cool. My real problem lies in all the tats everything else is just what I would of personally liked.

Im glad they did something about the hair even if its minor it somewhat shows a respect.

Exactly, i think they should had to try to go with something that embrace all the mythos of Aquaman, not just a part.

I think its half truth, i dont think Batman or all the characters would work if its the exact same costume, but you can work with it and find something.

I said they could explain a technorganic costume, use practical effects and CGI, to make his costume look alive and like something people havent see.

Man of Steel Superman its an awesome example of taking the classic and make them something new and brave.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costume looks good but he doesnt resemble aquaman enough for people. People need to understand just because a costume looks good doesnt mean people are wrong for complaining.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The vast majority of those saying Momoa doesn't resemble Aquaman enough wouldn't be saying so if he were white with blonde hair. That's fair enough, but the costume really isn't that far off from what he has worn in the comics for years. So don't knock the costume when your real dislike is literally only skin deep.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By those_eyes

The vast majority of those saying Momoa doesn't resemble Aquaman enough wouldn't be saying so if he were white with blonde hair. That's fair enough, but the costume really isn't that far off from what he has worn in the comics for years. So don't knock the costume when your real dislike is literally only skin deep.

Thats true which exactly proves my point. Hair is part of the costume. If they could have just made it dirty/sandy blonde he would it would keep people from bitching so much. The costume looks as ive said before (except for the hair).

For instance what if christian bale had blonde hair when he was playing batman and bruce wayne. Yae his suit looks good but he still wouldnt resemble batman enough for people if his hair was blonde. Or what if henry cavil was given blonde hair when he was playing superman? You just cant say dont knock the costume when things like hair are part of the costume and what makes the character have resemblance. This mainly goes for well known and iconic characters mainly since you can get away with changing appearance of not so well known characters drastically. But aquaman is iconic and well known.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Thats true which exactly proves my point. Hair is part of the costume. If they could have just made it dirty/sandy blonde he would it would keep people from bitching so much. The costume looks as ive said before (except for the hair).

For instance what if christian bale had blonde hair when he was playing batman and bruce wayne. Yae his suit looks good but he still wouldnt resemble batman enough for people if his hair was blonde. Or what if henry cavil was given blonde hair when he was playing superman? You just cant say dont knock the costume when things like hair are part of the costume and what makes the character have resemblance. This mainly goes for well known and iconic characters mainly since you can get away with changing appearance of not so well known characters drastically. But aquaman is iconic and well known.

I understand what you're saying, and I mostly agree but, IMO, hair isn't part of the costume as much as it is part of the person. They could dye his hair a little lighter, but I doubt that would be enough on it's own to please people who are actually knocking this costume.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Hair actually is part of the costume. It's all a part of the look of Aquaman. That's why they have hair stylists working on set to make the actor's hair look right for the shot.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DBVSE7

Just pointing out again since its needs to..

Stating an opinion does not mean you have to complain or "b*tch" about a look.. especially a damn hair style..doing that doesn't change anything.. it only makes those who can look passed it, annoyed because it's not a big deal.

We all know that's not how he EXACTLY looks.. so if the people who like it (who are fans as well) can obviously look passed it and appreciate this Aquaman for what it is rather than what it isn't.. then there's really no reason to "b*tch" or complain about it.

But like someone mentioned it's easy just to ignore the irrelevent crap lol.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Hair actually is part of the costume. It's all a part of the look of Aquaman. That's why they have hair stylists working on set to make the actor's hair look right for the shot.

I don't agree....costumes deal with clothing, make-up deals with skin, and hair deal with hair. They're all separate parts of the process in making a character. You just said yourself they have hair stylists solely for hair. If it were part of the costume, the costume designer would deal with it. And, as far as the costume goes, it's a pretty accurate look for Aquaman.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yaboi said:

Should fans who dont like Aquamans DCCU costume be hated?

No Caption Provided

Yes.

Because not agreeing with someone means hate is the only possible choice !

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Except that hair is still part of the costume. So is makeup. It all comes together to create the look of a character. If the character calls for blond hair then either dying the hair or wearing a wig would be involved in putting on the whole costume.

Either way it's a semantic argument. Hair is important to the look of the character regardless of if you technically consider it a part of the costume or not.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think it's terrible. That being said it fits the darker tone of the dccu which i'm not really a fan of.

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and no.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If i can say one thing i feel that Momoa Should get his training back on... His body is not as good as it has been before... Pec definition is needed.