Should every other hero or person look up to Batman?

• 71 results
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#51  Edited By Teerack

@entropy_aegis said:

@teerack said:

Batman is as emotionally mature as a 8 year old. If you haven't been able to move on with your life to the point where you're not brooding all the time after losing your parents at a young age like every other adult orphan in the world you should be pitied :)

Except Batman has shown to move on many times,it's the writers that resort to that old story telling crunch cause it's easy,simple and frankly lazy. You think he was moaning about his parents in Knightfall,NML,OMAC project etc? please. Atleast read up on the character before making ignorant statements.

Your fan boy logic of focusing on a few times he's shown to have moved on(which was still in his 30s so not very impressive) ignoring the overwhelming amount of times he has shown to be emotionally stuck is kind of adorable.

I like Batman because I can accept the character for what it is, and not be denial about it.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How many underaged kids did Batman drag into his war on crime? And how many of them were exposed to pretty messed up things because of it? And how many of those kids died on Batman's watch?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By w0nd

@ariesxmasters: Dick Grayson and even Tim have had the same losses as Bruce, the only difference is they handled it better than him ( in my opinion) He alienates, belittles disrespects and lies to people who he calls family, even though he already lost family.

He pushes people away, but asks for others to trust him 100%

He has some pretty sweet things, but then again so does ironman, green arrow, ted kord, and any other rich super hero without the mental instability.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of people mad that batman is a better character then their favorite in this thread.

Is that what you got out of this? It seems more like there is a good amount of pity, as opposed to anger.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something wrong when people look up to a mass murdering villain more than a hero.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Look up to Batman"?

Ha! No.

Batman isnt inspirational.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@ariesxmasters: Dick Grayson and even Tim have had the same losses as Bruce, the only difference is they handled it better than him ( in my opinion) He alienates, belittles disrespects and lies to people who he calls family, even though he already lost family.

He pushes people away, but asks for others to trust him 100%

He has some pretty sweet things, but then again so does ironman, green arrow, ted kord, and any other rich super hero without the mental instability.

True I'm not going to disagree with you because you're saying a lot of the right stuff. But I mean everyone takes losses differently apparently he took he way harder than Dick and Tim have clearly. He does push people and does keep people in the dark about a lot of things he should tell them. But it just seems he fells he can't trust anyone even a lot of his team. And people like Superman and the Justice League you can forget "Trust" he'll say it but not mean it at all.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By comicace3

I used to look up to him. No we see eye to eye, and I realizes that even if he's my favorite superhero, there are plenty other that inspire me more than him. So should other hero's look up to him? No.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: i like him for what he is, and the team is better off with him, but he is still a dickhead lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@teerack said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@teerack said:

Batman is as emotionally mature as a 8 year old. If you haven't been able to move on with your life to the point where you're not brooding all the time after losing your parents at a young age like every other adult orphan in the world you should be pitied :)

Except Batman has shown to move on many times,it's the writers that resort to that old story telling crunch cause it's easy,simple and frankly lazy. You think he was moaning about his parents in Knightfall,NML,OMAC project etc? please. Atleast read up on the character before making ignorant statements.

Your fan boy logic of focusing on a few times he's shown to have moved on(which was still in his 30s so not very impressive) ignoring the overwhelming amount of times he has shown to be emotionally stuck is kind of adorable.

I like Batman because I can accept the character for what it is, and not be denial about it.

What the hell are you talking about? are you f*cking stupid? it's a fictional character why the hell are you comparing him with real people moving on,why do we get dozens of WW2 flashbacks in Cap stories? why does every Superman story connect to Krypton one way or the other. Batman took his anger and guilt and decided to do something about it,the killer was never caught and brought to justice,the system failed him and he had resources to take matters in to his own hands there perfectly reasonable,unless you just want him to sit and pretend it never happened. I've already said it before,using his parents deaths is an easy crunch for writers when they start their stories,he's moved plenty of times,it's just the nature of the material.

Understand how story telling works in this medium,before you go posting non sense.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mrnoital said:

@entropy_aegis: I know plenty, but a difference between new and pre-52 is that Bruce is training Damian the whole time

maybe he didn't bring him in, in a previous reality, but it really seems like it now

No,wrong again,read Batman and Robin 0.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@teerack said:

He's not always brooding, he's just trying to protect innocent people like him that can lose someone close to them. Of course there are writers who literally write him like he is some kind of a 8 year old but those are not that common.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@rustyroy: This. Bruce has serious faults but so do a lot of the most praise worthy people.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#64 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@teerack said:

What the hell are you talking about? are you f*cking stupid?

Come on guys, let's keep it civil. No need to address each other this way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@ariesxmasters: I love how the first picture in the OP makes it look like that redhead is petting Bruce Wayne.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@teerack said:

@entropy_aegis said:

What the hell are you talking about? are you f*cking stupid?

Come on guys, let's keep it civil. No need to address each other this way.

I agree with you. "What are you talking about?" would have done just fine.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Lol I just took a closer look at the picture and it does look like the red head is petting Bruce like a dog.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course. Especially Miller's Batman.

:)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No,but parents should look up to him lol

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Look up to the arrogant, depressed sociopath?

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw. Goku was who I looked up too as a kid

mandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mandman
No Caption Provided

Batman is not who you want babysitting your kids.