#1 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

(cont.title) and other DC animated heroes

I know with the recent loss of Young Justice (which by the way, why did it get cancelled) they might no want too. But with all the MoS awesomeness/ Box Office cash/ advertising/ toys shouldnt they strike now and announce a new cartoon, maybe in the PG section with some possibility of it being in toonami aimed for teens and boys over 10.

Marvel may have more movies but when it comes to TV, DC is killing it. Smallville 10 season, Arrow was/is awesome (season 2), animated movies are awesome (flashpoint). The only Marvel cartoon I liked was Spectacular Spiderman and that got cancelled. The Avengers cartoons just bore the hell out of me. Justice League>>>>Avengers.

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

They might do it.

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully they do it.

#4 Edited by Wolfrazer (5951 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes because his last one was in the 90's and while its great, I wouldn't mind seeing a new one. If Batman can get several, then Superman could get at least 1 new one..jeez.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5154 posts) - - Show Bio

No i want a new Justice League show, Young Justice was lackluster and Superman TAS was boring.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and GL had perfect chemistry in the JL, and JLU. It was a bloody brilliant show.

#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10916 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has like 12, Superman has 1 or 2 (if you count legion or JLA). It's time Superman has a new show.

#7 Posted by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why not, especially since it looks like Supes is gonna be DC's cash cow for the next several years.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (5368 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Batman has had Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Batman Brave and the Bold, and now he is getting another one. And Superman has only has Superman TAS. For the last two decades Batman has had far more animated shows than Superman and it's completely unbalanced.

#9 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: @blackwind: @wolfrazer:

I know right, if so how would you like it to be. Would you like a nerfed TAS Superman, Comics Benching the earth for 5 days (as much as I love those crazy feats I dont think it would work for kids under 12) , or somewhere in between. My suggestion would be to have more danger/destruction, battles in space, better animation, season long arcs where there are climatic battles at the end. More 2-3 part episodes but not to long like anime. Basically just enough action to get it on Toonami but not to violent so that little kids cant see it and get it enough views to last a long time (which on cartoon network it means 50-80 episodes)

#10 Posted by Wolfrazer (5951 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: I actually liked Superman as he was in TAS, he seemed fairly balanced in there. So maybe not exactly like he was in TAS, but have him be well rounded out.

#11 Posted by krunkeela (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#12 Edited by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by modunhanul (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully yes.

#14 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

@anywhichwaybutup: Wrong, in the right writers hand, it could either be like Smallville where he learns to use his powers little by little or you make the battles and the villans closer to Superman's level. Brainiac, Zod, Doomsday, Lex Luthor (If done right), a more evil Bizzarro, Ultraman, Imperiex, Doomsday. Make bad ass space fights and great story like in Superman vs the Elite. Aim him towards kids 10 and up (mostly teens) and you got youself a tear jerker/badass mofo show.

#15 Posted by comicace3 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them doing it.

#16 Posted by Invincitonian (19 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has done a good job with the Superman animated movies. I'd have faith in them doing an a new animated tv series.

#17 Edited by The_Tree (7076 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. With traditional animation, I'm sick of CGI cartoons.

#18 Posted by Invincitonian (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

So am I.

#19 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7487 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Count me in!

I'd love to see another animated series.

#20 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

THIS

#21 Posted by Jack Donaghy (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it's been too long since Superman: TAS which was awesome.

#22 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it's been too long since Superman: TAS which was awesome.

Agreed.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14446 posts) - - Show Bio

They should but there shouldn't be CGI in it.

#24 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

YES.

#25 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: What would you're suggestions be for it? Ive stated mines, tell me if you agree.

@the_tree: I honestly think they fcked up big with that green lantern one. Animation would have looked so much better. The day that we can get pixar style animation instead of this cheap sh!t, fine but until then Id like to see some hand drawn cartoons.

#26 Posted by Dernman (14612 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they should. The time is right for it.

#27 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7487 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: I'd like to see a slightly depowered Superman but not by too much.

I'd also like to see him team up with some of the more powerful heroes like Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Flash. Something TAS didn't take advantage of...

Also not to be the curse word police here but they are not allowed, and will be flagged, unless they are at least semi-censored. Just in case you weren't aware.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Just keep the language family friendly, thanks mate.

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has like 12, Superman has 1 or 2 (if you count legion or JLA). It's time Superman has a new show.

Uh....wha......Superman has had almost as many media outings as Batman.

I would like to see a new cartoon show

#30 Posted by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

So am I.

I've been liking the take on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the static, comic-book-like backgrounds. But yeah, that CGI is going to look like sh** in a couple years. Doesn't age well at all.

#31 Posted by impossibilly (883 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer to the question in the title of this thread should always be "Yes!" ;)

#32 Posted by sagejonathan (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

THIS

YES! It would be a good time to release the show too.