Should DC kill Lois Lane

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Benk111

She is pointless at this point and is not being used. I think selling out Clark makes no since she is his friend and his identity is a story a journalist should hold back on. Especially since he has saved the world so many times. If she were to sacrifice her life to save superman it would redeem her and make an interesting story arc. Also it would address to loop hole that as Clark's friend she is in grave danger with Clark's identity being made public, his enemy's would go after his friends to get to him. They could always bring back the Lois and Clark relationship when DC reboots.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That would be interesting to see.

Cosmic_Cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's pretty stupid when you think about it. For the longest time she has NO CLUE that Clark Kent was Superman. He looks EXACTLY the same, just wearing glasses. She should somehow be fazed out of Clark's life, by death or other means. She's the Sarah Jessica Parker of comics if you ask me. Just fcking kill her.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

no if the writing of her is bad they should rectify it but killing her off wouldnt be a goo idea at all.....she's way too iconic to be treated like that anyway

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: like batman,superman,Thor and robin level iconic, they were all killed off.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that is an overreaction.

They should kick her out of Superman comics until they have an idea of what to do with her.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:

@willienotwilliam: like batman,superman,Thor and robin level iconic, they were all killed off.

batman, superman, and thor are titular characters with their own storylines....killing them isn't a the same since they are major characters that will come back and their deaths serve their own character growth/story line most of the time. Lois is a supporting character and a well known one(as well as one of the few women character in SM's life) with a lot of history so it be best to just rewrite what ever the faults are instead of just killing her off.

I mean if she was some minor character thats just annoying i wouldnt mind te concept even though i think killing an annoying character just because they are annoying is even worse writing than writing an annoying character

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Superguy1591

Nah, just stop with the baby mama Lois Lane as seen in Injustice, Convergence and Lobdell's Superboy, stop with the super powered Lane as seen in Unchained, Earth 2 and Doomed and just make her into Lois Lane--ace reporter, frenemy/flirting relationship with Clark Kent and capable of getting information from anywhere.

I actually like that in "Truth" she's being a reporter instead of what she's been turned into the last two years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

No. The writers should find an new angle for Lois Lane.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Snitches get stitches. It is a fundamental rule of nature.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really want New 52 Superman to Injustice Superman, huh?

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By houseshm

NO Lois and Superman are classics and superman is what he is because of lois, making him not just another overpowered alien

Lois bring humanity to superman and what he really stands for and they writers could easily lois some super power and super intellect but thats not what superman and lois is about.

I did not like new 52 superman wonder woman, wonder women been with every man in the justice league and is a blood thirsty warrior coming from gods like amazons, They have nothing alike.

This is so far the best superman comic in terms of pairings since new 52 started

Lois and Superman only please

No Caption Provided

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:

NO Lois and Superman are classics and superman is what he is because of lois, making him not just another overpowered alien

Lois bring humanity to superman and what he really stands for and they writers could easily lois some super power and super intellect but thats not what superman and lois is about.

I did not like new 52 superman wonder woman, wonder women been with every man in the justice league and is a blood thirsty warrior coming from gods like amazons, They have nothing alike.

This is so far the best superman comic in terms of pairings since new 52 started

Lois and Superman only please

No Caption Provided

And here we have the biggest reason DC should never have killed off Lois and Clark's relationship in the 1st place, instead of shoving Superman/Wonder Woman down our throats because ''It's different.'' If they hadn't tried to ground their characters in the 1st place they wouldn't be in the spot they're in now. So no, I don't think that DC should kill off Lois. What they should do is end this forced relationship with Diana and bring her and Supes together again.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah have a super villain obliterate her with one punch

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, they should just start writing her better.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By VickBat

I do not care to... I do not dislike wonder woman and her partner. two beings are different from the rest... and diana seems better than her.. the trouble is that it will no longer easy to go quietly as a couple.. For Lois.

With Lois Lane now the whole family Lane they have been against it superman..Lucy Lane Superwoman.. Lois Lane of Justice League 3000 the result of this?

I believe it all ... even xa-du is Luthor successor in his old hatred for Superman, his SUPREME RIVAL... SUPERMAN JOKER? so I saw Luthor, without being told... Luthor now devoted to compete with Superman to see who is better.. although I prefer it that way a new luthor.. although initially I supported the former.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see that, but alas the backlash and complaining. Oh lort we would all get greyscales after it from the fanboys and girls of her moaning about DC not using her. Honestly its better they shelve her for a while she kinda serves no purpose now. At least the truth story line will give her something to do.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jasonhawke

@2099man: It's time to move on, old timer!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Superman doesn't need a secret identity

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could care less about Lois

Kalel121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yes he really does, Truth is already proving that before it's come out.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tensor

Well she and Superman will end up together in the new 52 .So Superman and Wonder Woman will not last.

Think it was in Convergence number 5 they gave that away in Bold too.

Unless he is not talking about New 52 but I doubt that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't enjoyed her character since New 52 started but killing her off is a bit extreme. Just needs a good writer to find her place in the new Superman stories. I think she's great in Smallville: Season 11.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 2099man

@jasonhawke: Oh by all mean, tell ys all how great and realistic and ''developed'' the relationship between SM and WW is compaired to what was before. Oh, and just so you know, the words ''it's new'' aren't a valid argument sooo... might wanna rethink your strategy there buddy. :)

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see a point to that.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Nah, just stop with the baby mama Lois Lane as seen in Injustice, Convergence and Lobdell's Superboy, stop with the super powered Lane as seen in Unchained, Earth 2 and Doomed and just make her into Lois Lane--ace reporter, frenemy/flirting relationship with Clark Kent and capable of getting information from anywhere.

I actually like that in "Truth" she's being a reporter instead of what she's been turned into the last two years.

This.

Look at that, we agree on a "Lois" matter :P

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2099man said:

@jasonhawke: Oh by all mean, tell ys all how great and realistic and ''developed'' the relationship between SM and WW is compaired to what was before. Oh, and just so you know, the words ''it's new'' aren't a valid argument sooo... might wanna rethink your strategy there buddy. :)

We all know that Lois ain't got nothing compared to Wonder Woman! Get that stick outta yer butt!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: I don't think we disagreed prior to this on whether or not she should feature in the N52 Comics more. I just feel like she's forced into some stories and it makes the story cliche and formulaic.

Truth seems to be a story crafted just for her and Clark to have some development, which I'm all for since their N52 relationship is too reliant on the PC relationship.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I don't think we disagreed prior to this on whether or not she should feature in the N52 Comics more. I just feel like she's forced into some stories and it makes the story cliche and formulaic.

Truth seems to be a story crafted just for her and Clark to have some development, which I'm all for since their N52 relationship is too reliant on the PC relationship.

Indeed. I am kinda fuzzy on the subject. Because sometimes you come to strong against her.

Hope you are right. I really want Lois to find someplace to fill in N52. With Lana in Action and WonderWoman as Superman's gal. Lois' only place has been the Superman title and that title has been way too inconsistent.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: I'm not reading Convergence, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the N52.

Plus, Future End already said they will break up because of something Diana does. No one thought Superman and Wonder Woman were permanent, especially since it was Dido who made Johns form the union and not any writers thinking it should happen.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: I don't care much for her as a character, but that doesn't mean I want her to not exist.

Plenty of Superman fans love Lois Lane and She is the only thing in his mythos that has existed since June of 1938.

I'm not going to rob other Superman fans of her.

Lois Lane is the only love interest in Comics my mom can name, that's how influential she is.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I don't care much for her as a character, but that doesn't mean I want her to not exist.

Plenty of Superman fans love Lois Lane and She is the only thing in his mythos that has existed since June of 1938.

I'm not going to rob other Superman fans of her.

Lois Lane is the only love interest in Comics my mom can name, that's how influential she is.

Respectful opinion :)

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: I'm not reading Convergence, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the N52.

Plus, Future End already said they will break up because of something Diana does. No one thought Superman and Wonder Woman were permanent, especially since it was Dido who made Johns form the union and not any writers thinking it should happen.

Convergence has New 52 characters in it as well.It is not just about post crisis characters.

Next Convergence title we will see the new 52 jla team up with red lanterns.

Also the guy got the time powers of other characters so he could see the future an they highlight it in bold.

So it is quite possible.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Lois shouldn't gte killed off. Lois being practically useless in New52 (other than the Lobdell superlois garbage) is DC fault for completely disregarding the Clark Kent aspect of Superman. We hardly ever see him not in costume. DC seems to be more concerned with Superman getting in big stupid fights than building him as a character. They pretty much severed all ties he had to the human world and a few token scenes with Jimmy Olsen aren't fixing that.

Another reason is that I don't want to endure "The Death and Return of Lois Lane" storylines. Death is overused in comics and everyone knows that popular characters will never stay dead. Stop with cheap sensational marketing-based stories and focus on telling good stories.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: well, that's not really a surprise since Future End had already made it clear.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC should kill superman, he hasnt done anything interesting in 40 year. I think its time for a breath of fresh air.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

nah