Should DC hire Tom Taylor to write a Gotham City Sirens book?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Poll Should DC hire Tom Taylor to write a Gotham City Sirens book? (14 votes)

Yes. He'd do a good job. 79%
No. He wouldn't do a good job. 0%
No, but not because of him. 21%

So, for a little while now I've been under the impression that Tom Taylor is writing the only good post-Flashpoint version of Harley Quinn (for the head-scratchers, he's the guy writing the Injustice: Gods Among Us weekly comics).

And as of the most recent issue, I'd say he writes a good Catwoman, too. What with people complaining all the time about Nocenti's version, I imagine he'd handle her better than she's currently being handled.

So after picturing him writing Selina and Harleen, the jump to a Sirens revival wasn't tough for me. Anyhow, what do you think? Would you like to see that particular team-up revived? And if so, thoughts on having Taylor at the helm?

• 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Yes!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I think he'd do a good job ---- problem is, the old GCS book's greatest strength was the relationship between the three leads; a dynamic that had built up over years and doesn't exist any more.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Huh, thought this was about The Unwritten character when I saw the title <_<

BB

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

*inhales* *holds breath for thirty seconds* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl said:

*inhales* *holds breath for thirty seconds* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For some reason I kinda wanna see him write Superman, but this wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

He would do a decent job but currently the three characters don't have that chemistry between them.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He'd do a good job.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Remake the chemistry, take it down to basics. It wouldn't take long to rebuild, especially with fan memory and theory filling in the blanks for him. And if anyone has the talent it's Tom Taylor.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

He would do a decent job but currently the three characters don't have that chemistry between them.

@joygirl said:

Remake the chemistry, take it down to basics. It wouldn't take long to rebuild, especially with fan memory and theory filling in the blanks for him. And if anyone has the talent it's Tom Taylor.

Basically this. I think the biggest hurdle would be determining a good premise for bringing them together (and I guess part of that would be finding a way to either juggle this with, or remove Harley from, connection to Suicide Squad). They don't have to be best buds, but the groundwork for them to be is certainly there (not to mention pre-Flashpoint knowledge and Ame-Comi Girls presentation), and I think a relationship would be developed rather organically and believably just by virtue of them working together.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

I think he could do a pretty good job with a Sirens book, but first I need to see how he does with Ivy. Overall, GCS was one of my favorite books pre-52. As a matter of fact it was the second trade I picked up when I first started collecting comics as a hobby. I would love to see the book revived.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

@akbogert said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@joygirl said:

Basically this. I think the biggest hurdle would be determining a good premise for bringing them together (and I guess part of that would be finding a way to either juggle this with, or remove Harley from, connection to Suicide Squad). They don't have to be best buds, but the groundwork for them to be is certainly there (not to mention pre-Flashpoint knowledge and Ame-Comi Girls presentation), and I think a relationship would be developed rather organically and believably just by virtue of them working together.

They indeed shouldn't be the best pals in the world or BFF's but they should have some simple connection between them.They can't be a team just because we or DC want them to be a team.I think it would be cool if we forget and remove all the crap about Harley being part of the Suicide Squad and have her grounded only in Gotham and have some little spark between Ivy and Selina.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes and no. He would do a great job but we have got alot of Gotham books out there already.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: Let's presume they would cancel Catwoman to make room for this...so that'd maintain the status quo.