Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Should DC hire Tom Taylor to write a Gotham City Sirens book? (14 votes)

Yes. He'd do a good job. 79%
No. He wouldn't do a good job. 0%
No, but not because of him. 21%

So, for a little while now I've been under the impression that Tom Taylor is writing the only good post-Flashpoint version of Harley Quinn (for the head-scratchers, he's the guy writing the Injustice: Gods Among Us weekly comics).

And as of the most recent issue, I'd say he writes a good Catwoman, too. What with people complaining all the time about Nocenti's version, I imagine he'd handle her better than she's currently being handled.

So after picturing him writing Selina and Harleen, the jump to a Sirens revival wasn't tough for me. Anyhow, what do you think? Would you like to see that particular team-up revived? And if so, thoughts on having Taylor at the helm?

#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (34887 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Yes!

Staff
#2 Posted by Saren (25055 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he'd do a good job ---- problem is, the old GCS book's greatest strength was the relationship between the three leads; a dynamic that had built up over years and doesn't exist any more.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58293 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, thought this was about The Unwritten character when I saw the title <_<

BB

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

*inhales* *holds breath for thirty seconds* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

*inhales* *holds breath for thirty seconds* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I kinda wanna see him write Superman, but this wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

#7 Edited by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

He would do a decent job but currently the three characters don't have that chemistry between them.

#8 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd do a good job.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Remake the chemistry, take it down to basics. It wouldn't take long to rebuild, especially with fan memory and theory filling in the blanks for him. And if anyone has the talent it's Tom Taylor.

#10 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

He would do a decent job but currently the three characters don't have that chemistry between them.

@joygirl said:

Remake the chemistry, take it down to basics. It wouldn't take long to rebuild, especially with fan memory and theory filling in the blanks for him. And if anyone has the talent it's Tom Taylor.

Basically this. I think the biggest hurdle would be determining a good premise for bringing them together (and I guess part of that would be finding a way to either juggle this with, or remove Harley from, connection to Suicide Squad). They don't have to be best buds, but the groundwork for them to be is certainly there (not to mention pre-Flashpoint knowledge and Ame-Comi Girls presentation), and I think a relationship would be developed rather organically and believably just by virtue of them working together.

#11 Posted by Delphic (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could do a pretty good job with a Sirens book, but first I need to see how he does with Ivy. Overall, GCS was one of my favorite books pre-52. As a matter of fact it was the second trade I picked up when I first started collecting comics as a hobby. I would love to see the book revived.

#12 Edited by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@joygirl said:

Basically this. I think the biggest hurdle would be determining a good premise for bringing them together (and I guess part of that would be finding a way to either juggle this with, or remove Harley from, connection to Suicide Squad). They don't have to be best buds, but the groundwork for them to be is certainly there (not to mention pre-Flashpoint knowledge and Ame-Comi Girls presentation), and I think a relationship would be developed rather organically and believably just by virtue of them working together.

They indeed shouldn't be the best pals in the world or BFF's but they should have some simple connection between them.They can't be a team just because we or DC want them to be a team.I think it would be cool if we forget and remove all the crap about Harley being part of the Suicide Squad and have her grounded only in Gotham and have some little spark between Ivy and Selina.

#13 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no. He would do a great job but we have got alot of Gotham books out there already.

#14 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Let's presume they would cancel Catwoman to make room for this...so that'd maintain the status quo.