#1 Edited by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I HAVE THOUGHT OVER THE TOPIC, AND DECIDED TO ASK YOU FELLOW COMIC FANATICS.SHOULD MARVEL AND DC UNITE TO MAKE AN EPIC ONE TIME NEW SUPERHEROE OR FILM?I PERSONALLY I THINK THEY SHOULD. NOT ONLY IT BE A GREAT FILM BUT OBVIOUSLY AN EPIC HEROE SO DO THINK THEY SHOULD UNITE??????

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL CAPS!!!!1!!

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29622 posts) - - Show Bio

In conforming with the "all caps" standard set forth by the TC, let me say thus:

NO.

#5 Posted by FearTheLiving (2542 posts) - - Show Bio

No.. they need each other to build off of without the other one there would be no need to improve their work.

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@FearTheLiving: YOU ARE ACTUALLY RIGHT. NOW YOU HAVE CHANGED MY MIND THEY SHOULD NOT UNITE

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

No but they should crossover more

#9 Posted by JediXMan (29622 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Would be interesting. As long as it's not focused on heroes vs heroes; that's just cliche now.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (29622 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245 said:

@FearTheLiving: YOU ARE ACTUALLY RIGHT. NOW YOU HAVE CHANGED MY MIND THEY SHOULD NOT UNITE

Stop with ALL CAPS, man.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@BlackArmor said:

Would be interesting. As long as it's not focused on heroes vs heroes; that's just cliche now.

I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 hero vs hero crossovers when its appropriate but yeah, them teaming up would be allot more interesting than fighting each other

#12 Posted by JediXMan (29622 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@JediXMan said:

@BlackArmor said:

I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 hero vs hero crossovers when its appropriate but yeah, them teaming up would be allot more interesting than fighting each other

It's cliche and annoying when almost every team-up amounts to "LET'S FIGHT UNTIL WE FIGURE OUT WHO THE REAL BAD GUY IS." It's extremely annoying and I have no patience for it. That's why I shun most team-up comic books.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@BlackArmor said:

@JediXMan said:

@BlackArmor said:

It's cliche and annoying when almost every team-up amounts to "LET'S FIGHT UNTIL WE FIGURE OUT WHO THE REAL BAD GUY IS." It's extremely annoying and I have no patience for it. That's why I shun most team-up comic books.

Mostly agreed, I'm just saying that hero v hero makes sense in some occasion. A new JLA vs. Avengers would be pretty lame but if Batman ever met Punisher again it would only make sense if they fought. Superman meets Captain America shouldn't have any hvh but Superman meets wolverine may make more sense with a fight, albeit a short one

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29622 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor:

Batman vs Punisher would make sense, and that would actually be interesting.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I think it technically happened of panel once but I'd like to see a whole crossover comic for ir

#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@FearTheLiving said:

No.. they need each other to build off of without the other one there would be no need to improve their work.

This

And it's just two many characters between the two.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (23148 posts) - - Show Bio

THEY ALREADY TRIED, THAT'S WHAT THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE WAS!

#18 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

No , because there would be 10 Bat titles and 10 Woverine titles,no disrespect but it's something that isn't needed in comics.There are too many characters in comics who deserve titles, instead of putting extra effort into one or two characters. I'm definately for crossovers.

#19 Posted by Sparky_BW (205 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL NO!

#20 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

No, last time it sucked so much that it seemed like a Bjob lolipop

#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

no but they should cooperate much much more

#22 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#23 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

No, last time it sucked so much that it seemed like a Bjob lolipop

Lolololol'd.

I have nothing to contribute better than this comment right here.

You are awesome.

#24 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: @Chronus: @Eternal19: @JediXMan: @FearTheLiving: @BlackArmor: @Jnr6Lil: @The Stegman: @evilvegeta74: @Sparky_BW: @DarkKnightDetective:

LOL, Did anyone actually read the question?

@sinestro3245 said:

I HAVE THOUGHT OVER THE TOPIC, AND DECIDED TO ASK YOU FELLOW COMIC FANATICS.SHOULD MARVEL AND DC UNITE TO MAKE AN EPIC ONE TIME NEW SUPERHEROE OR FILM?I PERSONALLY I THINK THEY SHOULD. NOT ONLY IT BE A GREAT FILM BUT OBVIOUSLY AN EPIC HEROE SO DO THINK THEY SHOULD UNITE??????

He wasn't talking about merging the companies, he was talking about making a DC/Marvel crossover film.

@sinestro3245:

I think it's a great idea, if they could get it done right. You shouldn't give up on your ideas so easily.

#25 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts:

@Chronus said:

No.

I did read the question; my answer remains the same.

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sparky_BW said:

HELL NO!

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok to I admit I didn't read the whole question but to be fair I was repelled by the all caps.

Answer to question 1: No but I'd love it if they used Access more

Answer to question 2: No, it would only confuse non-comic readers more. I've been asked why Batman wasn't in the Avengers movie to many times already

#28 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts:

@Chronus said:

@xybernauts:

@Chronus said:

No.

I did read the question; my answer remains the same.

exactly this. I read it and my answer still applies. they shouldn't merge in any way, just cooperate

#29 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Ok to I admit I didn't read the whole question but to be fair I was repelled by the all caps.

Answer to question 1: No but I'd love it if they used Access more

Answer to question 2: No, it would only confuse non-comic readers more. I've been asked why Batman wasn't in the Avengers movie to many times already

This, Majority of casuals don't know what DC or Marvel is, let alone comic books.

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

No, having them separate keeps them competing against one another, and having healthy competition is good for business.

Though I do agree that they should have more crossovers, I'd love to see Captain America and Batman to team-up every once in a while.

#32 Edited by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man said:

#33 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only no, but SMURF NO.

#34 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but they should crossover more.

Batman & Wolverine would be a definite title

Superman & Thor also.

Teen Titans and Young Avengers

Justice League and Avengers.

#35 Posted by Teerack (5392 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the amalgam comics, read the trades when I was a kid. Jubilee x Tim Drake that's all i'm gonna say.

#37 Posted by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts: you are right.And sorry about the all caps ill stop.well back to the topic then if they did cross over NOT MERGE it would be damn good film

#38 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245: LOL, I'm still wondering how many people actually read the question.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DC and Marvel are interested in crossovers anymore let alone another Amalgam universe. I don't think it's for the best anyway.

#40 Posted by ImmortalOne (3307 posts) - - Show Bio

NO.

#41 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

A movie like that would confuse general audiences to no end. We already get enough of "Why wasn't Green Lantern in The Avengers?"

#42 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

There's way too many characters and continuity issues as is. It would be confusing and really freaking annoying.

So...

#43 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

There's way too many characters and continuity issues as is. It would be confusing and really freaking annoying.

It wouldn't have to be a big cast like Avengers vs/ Justice League. It could be something smaller like Superman vs. The Hulk....

#44 Posted by Swagger462 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

They could do it as a what if limited series where a handful of DC heroes are in metropolis and Brainiac shrinks it and goes into another dimension where he find Marvels New York and then he puts them in the same jar to see what happens.

#45 Posted by The Red Sun (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will provide the competition praytell?  IDW (my favourite company because it has Simon Furman AND Dan abnett), Dark Horse, Icon, and Image combined make up less than 10% of the market.