Should comic characters have alternate costumes?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By ccraft

Poll Should comic characters have alternate costumes? (35 votes)

Yes 91%
No 9%

People love alt costumes for fighting games, but why not have alt costumes in comics? As long as it fits with the tone of the story, why not? I don't see women superheroes realistically just wearing the same outfit the whole time, so would you like to see alt costumes for comics? Which Superheroes do you most want to see with alt costumes?

• 
Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Why is women wearing the same costume all the time less realistic than men doing it?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman and Iron-Man use alternate suits. And many female heroes are starting to wear full body costumes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

yes in the case of like the batbot or supermans lead anti kryptonite suit

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ccraft said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: How would it not? lol

ok, that's not a valid response lol. You just singled out women's clothing choices in comics.

I think that alternate costumes would be cool, but it would be hard to explain. I mean, comics don't need to be realistic, but realistically if you change your costume often than people might forget who you are--or worse, mistake you for a bad guy (AhHH!)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Superheroes and superheroines should alternate costumes to fit the needs of the mission and environment. It's always cool when you see a superhero get suited up in a variant of their regular costume.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Yes. Superheroes and superheroines should alternate costumes to fit the needs of the mission and environment. It's always cool when you see a superhero get suited up in a variant of their regular costume.

This

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Yes, there should be alternate costumes for alternate environment.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotwillpower: I just didn't want to get into "I'm sexist" argument, so I thought that comment would be funnier.

Anyways, it wouldn't have to be a drastic change, like WW wearing pants sometimes(I like her OG costume) and Nightwing changed his costume 2x now. Just a costume change for their mission or environment, or something dramatic or tragic happened to the character so they make more changes to their costume. I wouldn't mind if Batman when for a darker tone in his costume.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

well, think of it this way.....a superperson's costume is essentially their normal clothing right? So do you wear the same thing every day? no. there is variety. just sayin.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

depends, iron man changing is outfit is practical for different environments. The ff cant really change their super clothes alot due to their powers getting in the way.

theres also the sense of continuity with the same costume all the time. if a character changes every comic it can be bit ridiculous

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akindoodle

Yep

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this even a question?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

sometimes innovation is good

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ccraft: I can see how that would be cool. I definitely want more Bat-suits (I think there's some coming in the next Batman issue), and Amazing Spider-man has already experimented with different costumes (Tron, FF, Bullet-proof-one-I-can't-remember-the-name-of). Too bad Superman, or Daredevil, or Flash don't do the same regularly.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too often. They should have their normal costumes, then maybe once every story arc or two they can throw in an alternate costume.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superheroes will grab a new costume once in awhile. But the original costume should stay the main one.