Should Clark and Diana marry?

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All in all it seems Batman is the only DC character who maintains permanent continuity(most of the time) and major changes that really alter the stories. A good example of this is the various Robins we've had throughout his decades. Meanwhile characters like Superman may have changes but they are usually retconned. I think it'd be a smart move, and a high selling move, to wed off the two characters. They could have a child and boom whole new character and selling point. It'd be a permanent change(until the next reboot that is) that i think is needed in DC characters beyond the Caped Crusader.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That'll make their relationship even more forced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. They never let superman have a kid in canon for 76 years, they wouldn't now. Doing things just for a selling point aren't always smart, and is generally a bad idea. Its also hard to have two heroes married, especially two as popular as superman and wonder woman. Even Green Arrow and Black Canary, relatively unpopular compared to supes and Diana didn't stay married forever. Its just not how things go in comics most of the time and probably won't work with these two.

It would also permanently tie wonder woman to superman, where she would probably be below superman all the time and that wouldn't be good for wonder woman fans. I also wouldn't want to see them doing/saying husband and wife stuff every time I saw them. It would get annoying.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blade_R

Yeah but only if he gets a Prenup ;)

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Congratulations, you just came up with a slash worse than Harley x Poison Ivy AND Wonder Woman x Lex Luthor. You win a rusty bottle cap that you get pinned to your chest via a sharp stingray barb.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they're still together in 20 years when they reboot the continuity, that would be a good time.

Other than that, no. Superman and Lois will probably end up together at some point, and I don't want Superman to need to get a divorce.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasonhawke

Naaaah.

Marrying in comics is just asking for a divorce down the line cause Writers cant do much with Marriage.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DianaXKal

Wow, look at all the haters that have flocked to this thread.

Yes, they should get married and have a child/children, too, but it may be a little early for kids because the child will certainly become a popular and important character in the DC Universe, being one of the universes most powerful beings, and for it to get to that age, all of the other characters would age as well.

There is a workaround, though, that I think could work soon: if the child is from the future, like Hyperman from Kingdom Come.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooo thank you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal: Well, I'd expect nothing less from someone who's name is based off of this relationship :p

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DianaXKal

What this thread needs is more opinions from people who don't hate the couple in general.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@dianaxkal said:

What this thread needs is more opinions from people who don't hate the couple in general.

Why? It was obviously forced and fans of the characters don't like it. It's not like they'll be together forever. DC hates marriage and doesn't want their characters to be locked in. The only real lasting relationship, in comics, I can think of is Reed & Sue.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@dianaxkal said:

Why? It was obviously forced and fans of the characters don't like it. It's not like they'll be together forever. DC hates marriage and doesn't want their characters to be locked in. The only real lasting relationship, in comics, I can think of is Reed & Sue.

And Superman's parents. And Batman's parents.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Pretty much just no.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I meant more along the line of superheroes, not side characters. I honestly can't think of many Superhero relationships that have lasted.

On a sidenote, I just realized that Hank Pym Jr. is still canon. Does that mean Janet & Hank get back together?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mysticmedivh

@beaconofstrength said:

@dianaxkal said:

And Superman's parents. And Batman's parents.

No Caption Provided

Wow, look at all the haters that have flocked to this thread.

Yes, they should get married and have a child/children, too, but it may be a little early for kids because the child will certainly become a popular and important character in the DC Universe, being one of the universes most powerful beings, and for it to get to that age, all of the other characters would age as well.

There is a workaround, though, that I think could work soon: if the child is from the future, like Hyperman from Kingdom Come.

Diana's genetics won't offer anything that Superman doesn't already have. Even if this child were to come into existence, there are so many things and people in the DC Universe that could wreck and stomp it easily.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal said:

What do you mean, "Why"? Haters do not account for the entirety of the readership. It was not forced, the two of them kissing in Justice League #12 was meant to be a surprise, if anything. Also, there are always fans that don't like something, and they do not make up the entirety of the fanbase. There are plenty of people who love the relationship. Many of those that like the comic don't come to forums, while a lot of the haters do, and they are always the most vocal. Pretty soon I won't be coming either. Of everyone in this thread, me and maybe one other person actually read the book. You don't like it, fine, but this question is about should they get married and not should they have a relationship.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Imagine if a Kheran and a Green Martian had a baby....

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I do not understand what you are trying to say. The child will be just as strong as it's parents, who are both two of the strongest beings in the universe. Are you arguing that they aren't?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I do not understand what you are trying to say. The child will be just as strong as it's parents, who are both two of the strongest beings in the universe. Are you arguing that they aren't?

Neither Superman, nor Wonder Woman, are even close to one of the strongest beings in the DC Universe.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal said:

Neither Superman, nor Wonder Woman, are even close to one of the strongest beings in the DC Universe.

I wasn't talking in the literal sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal: Diana and superman aren't the two most powerful people. And not everyone who doesn't like the relationship is a hater. It is forced and clichéd and will eventually end.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@dianaxkal: Diana and superman aren't the two most powerful people. And not everyone who doesn't like the relationship is a hater. It is forced and clichéd and will eventually end.

Yeah, but you are. And I didn't say they were the most powerful, I'm not talking a Darkseid, Anti-Monitor level threat or whoever else anyone is thinking of.

keithcolby1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By keithcolby1995

No, they do not need to marry. Hell, the relationship was forced in the beginning. They didn't flirt before. Never really dated. Their personalities don't even compliment each other. Diana should marry Steve if anyone. Or just date.

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly i wasn't thinking in terms of their marriage as much as them having a child and said child becoming a central character in the DC universe. Some sort of time travel event and him/her being brought to the present again as a teenager in Hyperion sort of way could be interesting i think. I was really more focusing on an offspring than their actual marriage. Although i think fans could enjoy the child much more than the marriage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dianaxkal: Nah I don't hate their relationship, its just bad.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

no. she should be with me.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Superman belongs with Batman.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never.

Beata

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesnt have to marry her but they should have a kid. He can actually have a viable familu with het