Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Should "Batman Battle of the Month" use other Batman characters? (100 votes)

Yes, give Batman a break once in awhile. 64%
No, I like it as is. 36%

As you may know, the Batman battle of the month is a feature that places Batman in a totally random encounter against a non-DC character once per month. However, I was thinking... what if the battle could use anyone from the Batman world (Nightwing, Red Hood, Joker, Bane, Cassanda Cain, etc) instead of Batman every now and then? That way, these characters could be used here instead of the CV Battle of the Week and hopefully, that could keep matters refreshing. Or, should it stick to Batman once per month?

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (45573 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to think about this one.

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it the way it is.

1) Batman is pretty much the ultimate street leveller in DC. He's fought nearly everyone.

2) I think its more interesting pitting him up against non-DC characters.

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

No. That's like if the battle forums only aloud same universe fights.

#4 Edited by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

I like it the way it is.

1) Batman is pretty much the ultimate street leveller in DC. He's fought nearly everyone.

Regarding #2: this wouldn't make Batman fight other DC characters. It's saying The Batman Battle of the Month could involve anyone from Batman's world. For example, this week may be "Batman vs ____," but next month could be "Nightwing vs ____" Basically, Batman would get a break every now and then and someone else from his family (be it hero or villain) would step in to face a non-DC character. Apologies if I wasn't clear in the poll!

#5 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

yes but only characters like Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Babs, Cass, and Steph....just go down the list with Batman in between every character...Like Batman, Dick, Batman, Jason, Batman, Tim...and so on

#6 Edited by MonsterStomp (20371 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:

I like it the way it is.

Regarding #2: this wouldn't make Batman fight other DC characters. It's saying The Batman Battle of the Month could involve anyone from Batman's world. For example, this week may be "Batman vs ____," but next month could be "Nightwing vs ____" Basically, Batman would get a break every now and then and someone else from his family (be it hero or villain) would step in to face a non-DC character. Apologies if I wasn't clear in the poll!

Ooh! Yeah I could get into that.

#7 Edited by Omnicrono (2128 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it the way it is.

#8 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a good idea. :)

#9 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monsterstomp said:

I like it the way it is.

Ooh! Yeah I could get into that.

yes but only characters like Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Babs, Cass, and Steph....just go down the list with Batman in between every character...Like Batman, Dick, Batman, Jason, Batman, Tim...and so on

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by grudgekrig (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see batman beyond (Terry McGinnis) go up against some badasses.

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (17410 posts) - - Show Bio

Please do. It'd be far more refreshing than seeing Batman win the poll decisively every single time.

#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see batman beyond (Terry McGinnis) go up against some badasses.

It's VERY possible he'd be included in the rotation ;)

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for mixing it up :)

#15 Edited by RustyRoy (13886 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Isn't there already a __ vs. __ for other characters? I don't even think we need a Batman vs. __, just put him in the __ vs. __ articles sometimes.

#16 Edited by Lvenger (21181 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'd definitely be up for mixing things up with different members of the Batman family taking turns in this monthly feature. Nightwing, Red Hood and Cassie don't bring as much fanboyism and potential flame baiting as Batman battles do. This could work out very well if you balance things rightly.

#17 Posted by Med (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely think so. With the different characters having different skill sets, it'd make for more interesting match-ups. If the current match had been Winter Soldier vs Red Hood or Nightwing, I think it would have been a lot more interesting and a lot harder to predict the winner. Batman is very skilled in the DC universe and trying to find even matches for him is probably not an easy task. Bringing in the whole Batman family is a good way to add more speculation to this segment.

#18 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

If it aint broken dont fix it imo :)

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite divided. Thanks, everyone.

#20 Posted by DISOBEY_Finn (10 posts) - - Show Bio

yall should have Hulk vs an non-Marvel opponent lol

#21 Edited by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

yall should have Hulk vs an non-Marvel opponent lol

Hulk fought Arkillo in the Battle of the Week. The poll was a rather humiliating loss for the yellow lantern :(

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm not the only one who wants to see Alfred get some spotlight.

#23 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@mitran: You're not alone.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll reserve him for April.

#25 Posted by DISOBEY_Finn (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: to be honest i personally feel nothing can beat the hulk

#26 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Also since Superman and Batman are friends you should do Superman vs Thor one.

#27 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22973 posts) - - Show Bio

Please do. It'd be far more refreshing than seeing Batman win the poll decisively every single time.

this

#28 Posted by ComicStooge (13929 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne vs TMNT's Michelangelo (IDW)?

#29 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman villains vs other characters.

#30 Edited by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

I would be particularly interested in some matches involving Cassandra Cain.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Also since Superman and Batman are friends you should do Superman vs Thor one.

That's too much. That would be really broad, and would essentially turn the entire thing into a "comic vs comic" blog. It's much more interesting if it's restricted to that Batman side of DC vs the rest.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (34920 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@k4tzm4n:

I would be particularly interested in some matches involving Cassandra Cain.

Yes, she would be included in the mix. As would the likes of Jason Todd, Dick Grayson, Harley Quinn, Joker, Catwoman, Bane, Terry, so on and so on.

#33 Posted by Gaztacular (133 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like the Batman Battle of the Month to stay the Batman Battle of the Month. I really liked this feature when it was Does Batman Always Win? It took pains to really break down and analyze the battle. Keeping things with just Batman really gives a sense of continuity to measure the other combatants against. Changing things to make it more like the other weekly battles by first adding the popularity poll and now potentially other combatants really weakens what makes this feature interesting and different.

#34 Posted by russellmania77 (15816 posts) - - Show Bio

thats not so raven

#no

#35 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea I'd want to see Azreal.

#36 Posted by ComicKitten (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Every now and then it'd be cool to see Batwoman or Nightwing :)

#37 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

However,I want to see him go up against more DC characters or inter-universe characters

#38 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. It should be the entire Bat-Family.

#39 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm...idk.

#40 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, its nice to see other characters besides batman every time.

P.S. I saw someone say bats is the ultimate DC street leveler.... Well then i guess we will just ignore Deathstroke. :P