Shocked no news on Front Page about Ryan Davis

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Norusdog

wtf is up. I see nothing here about it, at all. Kinda f*cked up to be honest. Comic book related or not. You all worked with him for christs sake. Just curious why there isn't so much of a mention (that I've seen)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam

Watch the language.

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Norusdog

ok....Ryan Davis dies. I ask because I'm wondering why there isn't anything on the vine about it. And the first response isn't even about it..but about my language?

I think I understand the mentality on this site.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't you message the staff? We don't decide what goes on the front page.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@berserk007: @norusdog: Woah woah woah that is quite enough thank you. Your profane behaviour is really much worse. You can't make demands of the site as we don't decide what goes on the front page Talk to the staff about it. @jonny_anonymous: has made a thread commemorating Ryan Davis which has gathered much response and respect to the man. The community has paid its respects to him.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By flazam
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am with you Norusdog, I wouldn't wipe my ass with this website anymore, and I hope your site goes down in flames, but lets be honest it kinda already has. Peace out, you ungrateful, disrespectful, ingrates. I spit on you.

Good riddance.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserk007: I don't know who you are but regardless of how you've been affected by Ryan's death, taking this frustration out on the site is no way to behave. I lost someone I cared about this year and I was angry at first but lashing out at people is not worth spending your time on. I've had to flag this post though since you've breached site rules. A mod will respond to this.

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Norusdog

who's angry? or lashing out? do you guys even put more then a seconds worth of thought into responses??

I simply stated that I thought it was eff'd up..and wondered why (thus the question) why there was nothing. I wasn't DEMANDING anything.

only "lashing out" I did was at the very first response being about my language rather than anything else....and even that wasn't "lashing out"

seriously, no anger involved in this statement either...but put some actual thought into your responses before posting....instead of insinuating something that isn't there and putting false words in someones mouth.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norusdog: I think he was mostly talking about Berserk (name fits the attitude). However, what did you mean by "I think I understand the mentality on this site"? Do explain.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norusdog: I was responding to Beserk, not you. Nothing I said last was aimed at you. I suggest that it's you who puts some thought into your responses next time.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserk007: @norusdog: The Two of You Could (Should) Display your Argument or Debate in a more Civil Manner Thats how you Rally Support, Your messages In this Thread are just filled with mindless insults

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the people who worked with him were most likely also his friends so maybe they're dealing with the loss instead of writing up a news story about it

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Yeah, it's pretty weird, I agree. But maybe they wanted to keep it to the site he's most involved with.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/ryan-davis-1979-2013/1100-4685/

For the love of god, people, this was going to be a thread (I believe) to state the fact that no one created an article about a huge loss. Maybe the staff did not want it to be such a large thing so they kept it to Giant Bomb. Most people who use Comic Vine also use Giant Bomb, so they would have been informed.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flazam
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@norusdog: Who is Ryan Davis

Some guy who worked on Giant Bomb, I guess... Never heard of him either.

Someone should lock this thread.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

I thought Off-Topic was the most visited forum on the site.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it strange aswell that its no news about it, or some repost of rories post from GB. Ryan was on a few CV podcasts aswell as hosting the "old" friday shows and BLLSL, so hes part of cv history.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserk007: Well where else was I going to put it? anyway is is hardly a fitting tribute to the big man.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By flazam
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@awesam said:
@sog7dc said:

Some guy who worked on Giant Bomb, I guess... Never heard of him either.

Someone should lock this thread.

Ryan Davis founded Giant Bomb along with Jeff. He's been part of the Whiskey Media family from the beginning. He's been in Comic Vine podcasts, video reviews, the big live live show live and the happy hour, he also sat across from Babs in the office.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@norusdog said:

who's angry? or lashing out? do you guys even put more then a seconds worth of thought into responses??

I simply stated that I thought it was eff'd up..and wondered why (thus the question) why there was nothing. I wasn't DEMANDING anything.

only "lashing out" I did was at the very first response being about my language rather than anything else....and even that wasn't "lashing out"

seriously, no anger involved in this statement either...but put some actual thought into your responses before posting....instead of insinuating something that isn't there and putting false words in someones mouth.

Who knows? Perhaps the staff don't really know of it yet. Who the heck knows?!

@sog7dc said:

He was part of Giantbomb and I hear that he even helped build the site and he was crucial in many of their events and such. I learned these things from the site...

I am with you Norusdog, I wouldn't wipe my ass with this website anymore, and I hope your site goes down in flames, but lets be honest it kinda already has. Peace out, you ungrateful, disrespectful, ingrates. I spit on you.

Um....hypocritical much? Disrespectful....yet you say :I wouldn't wipe my ass with this site anymore.....f*** you,get a mod to shut your c*** hole......I spit on you......:

.....I don't get the logic of some people.

And I don't exactly see what "ingrate" has to do with anything. I don't even know why it's a problem that some people don't even know who the hell the guy is! I just learned about him 2 days ago!

All I have left to say is, you put it in an OFF TOPIC section, seriously you are lucky the whole GB side isn't coming to rip your throats out, sry about the language but if the words fit I use it. Take your medicine, you don't have to like it.

What do you suggest we put it in? The Batman forums?

Your not really adding much to the discussion,your posts are simply filled with mindless,immature insults as flazam said.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: The staff do know about it, they'v been tweeting about it for the last few days

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think Off-Topic was the best place to put it, it's the most visited forum on here. And it's not like we would have a General Discussion about his passing.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of him. No need to be pissy.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: The staff do know about it, they'v been tweeting about it for the last few days

Hm. Well then I don't know why....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@fallen_crippled: founder of Giant Bomb, helped form Whiskey Media, has been on the Comic Vine Podcast, Video Reviews, Big Live Live Show Live and the Happy Hour also sat across from Babs in the office. Got married last week and died at the weekend.

RIP Ryan Davis - Off-Topic - Comic Vine

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@fallen_crippled: founder of Giant Bomb, helped form Whiskey Media, has been on the Comic Vine Podcast, Video Reviews, Big Live Live Show Live and the Happy Hour also sat across from Babs in the office. Got married last week and died at the weekend.

That's tragic...

It is, he was such a great funny guy. This was the last picture that was took at his wedding

Playing with the kids
Playing with the kids

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@awesam said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

That's tragic...

It is, he was such a great funny guy. This was the last picture that was took at his wedding

Playing with the kids
Playing with the kids

Yikes, that's... horrible. Rest in Peace!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By ccraft

Giantbomb already made news about it, I don't know the guy, but theres no need to get so upset about it on here.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/ryan-davis-1979-2013/1100-4685/

I came across this yesterday, some how idk.

I also flagged this for the use of profanity and as someone mentioned theres a thread in off topic that relates to this/

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@awesam said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

That's tragic...

Playing with the kids
Playing with the kids

Yikes, that's... horrible. Rest in Peace!

I think he passed on July 3rd.

A lot of people thought it was a sick joke...