Shezow ! Is this an ok cartoon for kids?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Shezow ! Is this an ok cartoon for kids? (25 votes)

A.Yes 68%
B.No 32%

I am not against anybody's orientation first off! But here we have a cartoon of a boy who transformed into a girl hero, which seems rather suggestive to young boys. . Secondly Shezow sounds too close to Shazam, I have an issue with that being a true fan of Shazam/Captain Marvel! Viner's this is definitely not a bash or hate thread, so be sensitive to your comment's out of respect for people in general.

• 
LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I have never actually heard about this until now. Is that a good thing?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I have never actually heard about this until now. Is that a good thing?

Check out the Hub channel. It depends on how you view the issue , whether it's a good thing or not!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Rather suggestive of what? The idea that non-gender-normative identities exist in the world? Crossdressers? Transgenders? Would you rather they remained oblivious of a reality you find too icky for the delicate eyes and ears of babes?

I wish people of all political and social leanings would just stop whining about everything under the sun. It makes me so incredibly weary of engaging with human beings of late. It's a goddamn children's cartoon. If it offends you, switch to another channel. Use parental locks on your television set. If not, let your kids watch it. It's a wishy-washy middle-of-the-road stance that doesn't take any kind of side, but it's all I really have any patience for. Mostly because I know exactly how discussions like this will turn out. One camp will maintain that it's icky/morally offensive/the gateway to hell/whatever while the other will maintain that the first camp is full of Luddite-esque opponents of social progress/equality/justice, and never the twain shall meet. And you know what? Shezow! isn't even that good. You should all do your children a favor and buy them a boxset of Courage the Cowardly Dog. That sh!t is gold.

When I first heard the phrase "Stop the world, I want to get off", I dismissed it as one of those corny T-Shirt slogans idiot teenagers are so fond of, but I've never empathized with it as much as I do now.

I'm sure the similarity to Shazam is more than coincidental, but I don't see how that makes it inappropriate for kids.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rather suggestive of what? The idea that non-gender-normative identities exist in the world? Crossdressers? Transgenders? Would you rather they remained oblivious of a reality you find too icky for the delicate eyes and ears of babes?

I wish people of all political and social leanings would just stop whining about everything under the sun. It makes me so incredibly weary of engaging with human beings of late. It's a goddamn children's cartoon. If it offends you, switch to another channel. Use parental locks on your television set. If not, let your kids watch it. It's a wishy-washy middle-of-the-road stance that doesn't take any kind of side, but it's all I really have any patience for. Mostly because I know exactly how discussions like this will turn out. One camp will maintain that it's icky/morally offensive/the gateway to hell/whatever while the other will maintain that the first camp is full of Luddite-esque opponents of social progress/equality/justice, and never the twain shall meet. And you know what? Shezow! isn't even that good. You should all do your children a favor and buy them a boxset of Courage the Cowardly Dog. That sh!t is gold.

When I first heard the phrase "Stop the world, I want to get off", I dismissed it as one of those corny T-Shirt slogans idiot teenagers are so fond of, but I've never empathized with it as much as I do now.

I'm sure the similarity to Shazam is more than coincidental, but I don't see how that makes it inappropriate for kids.

Just wanted your thoughts and they are much appreciated!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As long as it isn't sexulized, who cares if a guy turns to a girl

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it isn't sexulized, who cares if a guy turns to a girl

Do you think that it's ok for little boys to become impressed with this and start imitating this?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like the show its fun and makes me laugh.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ciriel

I wouldn't care if children watched it. Though it clearly has a not-so-well-hidden agenda. I feel like they are trying to remove the double standard of cross-dressing from males while also saying that females are powerful, strong, and intelligent. Now then, would a cartoon be needed for that? No. I get sick of hearing debates and such about it. It's to the point where "strong" and "independent" are my least favorite adjectives. For the sake of what I just said, I hope it has nothing to do with that and the creators are just thinking, "lolz he's in a dress!"

Also Shezow is no S.H.A.Z.A.M. !

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like the show its fun and makes me laugh.

Yes it is funny, I think it's directed at older kids! I worry about what the little guys may pick up from it!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ciriel said:

I wouldn't care if children watched it. Though it clearly has a not-so-well-hidden agenda. I feel like they are trying to remove the double standard of cross-dressing from males while also saying that females are powerful, strong, and intelligent. Now then, would a cartoon be needed for that? No. I get sick of hearing debates and such about it. It's to the point where "strong" and "independent" are my least favorite adjectives. For the sake of what I just said, I hope it has nothing to do with that and the creators are just thinking, "lolz he's in a dress!"

Also Shezow is no S.H.A.Z.A.M. !

Thank's for your input

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11 vance_astro  Moderator

It's fine for kids. It does however make ME uncomfortable.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

You should all do your children a favor and buy them a boxset of Courage the Cowardly Dog. That sh!t is gold.

Damn right.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I first saw the promo of this show, the first thing that came to my mind was transgender. I think it would be ok for kids to watch this. It doesn't suggest anything sexual and I don't even think the main character is transgender. He identifies as a guy, but the superhero alter ego is supposedly a girl. Do I think it would be suggestive and make all the boys start crossdressing? Probably not. Kids don't really copy what they see on tv unless they have some sort of innate interest to begin with. If anything, it is a baby step towards promoting tolerance and acceptance, which can't be a bad thing right?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Haven't even heard of this.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah what has the world come to... This wasn't even up to debate when Ren & Stimpy were on air time. And boy oh boy did I love that show.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Hazlenaut

I have no problems Bugs Bunny dressing up as a girl when I was a kid I found it funny. Guy has to bear the responsibilities of the predecessor and dressing up as a woman. That is icing on the cake jokes. You got appreciate these jokes and it was bound to happen.

tuananh24394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tuananh24394

funny cartoon
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VoXd1XiT6csFnjuS9cEUQ

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the fact that he did turn into a girl Superhero was hilarious.