#1 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read somewhere that a writer, obviously with an I.Q. below 85, had she-hulk beat Champion of the Universe in a fight. Please someone tell me that this did not happen, tell me it is a joke, a bad dream. Please tell me that they did not have she-hulk beat an elder of the universe (one who has trained for 5 billion years to fight) in a fight.

#2 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

the student has become the teacher, then. The young replacing the old lol

#3 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it did happen
Post Edited:2007-06-22 16:16:19

#4 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but she worked out before the fight.

#5 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

and he didn't have the power gem

#6 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

In that issue they decided that She-Hulk (in shulked out form) wasn't a set range, but was instead was directly proportional (an exponential function) of whatever her current strength level is (in contrast to the Hulk who's strength level directly proportional to his anger). So, she trained and bulked up and when she shulked out was exponentially stronger and larger than before.

Like it or not that is what happened.

#7 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even without the power gem he is sooooo much stronger, faster, tougher, and more skilled than She-hulk. Certain writers are really turning marvel into a joke. First Black panther puts silver surfer in a choke hold, now She-hulk beats the Champion.

NEXT from Marvel. Howard the Duck defeats the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.

#8 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

NiteFly says:

"In that issue they decided that She-Hulk (in shulked out form) wasn't a set range, but was instead was directly proportional (an exponential function) of whatever her current strength level is (in contrast to the Hulk who's strength level directly proportional to his anger). So, she trained and bulked up and when she shulked out was exponentially stronger and larger than before. Like it or not that is what happened."

Yes "it is what happened" but it goes against the history of both characters. One writer or Fanboy, like the one who thought it would be "cool" for Black Panther to choke hold the silver surfer, shouldn't be allowed to change the entire scope and history of a character. I'll file Aunt May being a Herald of Galactus, BP putting silver surfer in a choke hold, Wolverine being able to regenerate from a single cell, and she-hulk beating the Champion of THe UNiverse under the "This Writer is ridiculous and this didn't really happen" File.

#9 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta admit, she's one good lookin' jade giantess though! That green gal o' mine would whopp anybody. I can't ever disagree when she wins a fight. Although some fights she'd NEVER win, I can't allow myself to argue.

#10 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

So we agree it's ridiculous and should not have happened

#11 Posted by wwhulk1 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

well guys any time u have any of the hulks power than u have a good chance remember hulk has beat down the surfer so why cant she hulk beat champion.

#12 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

If I remember correctly he wasn't allowed to use his gem and when She-Hulk works out in normal form it makes her stronger in She-Hulk form and she did some hardcore work out. So that was the logic behind it...but yeah its still dumb.

#13 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

It was on a world where they do trial by combat. He was beating her at first but she asked for an appeal. Then she used the planet's law prohibiting weapons or foreign aid in making sure that he couldn't use the power gem and then, like said before, she used her months of combat training and added strength through workouts, to defeat him.

I always saw it as him being overconfident against her. He was handling her in the first fight and didn't see how losing the power gem would change the outcome any in the second fight.

#14 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

If Squirrel Girl can beat Thanos who legitimatly beat the Champion of the Universe... then it's not so far-fetched.

#15 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem is that Champion is and elder of the universe, he taps the power primordial which is more powerful than the power cosmic. He has channeled all of his power into his body, speed, strengh, agility, etc.,. On top of that he has been either fighting or training to fight for over 5 billion years. In a "real" fight not driven by sales and not in a she-hulk comic, I don't think she-hulk could even land a punch on him! After 5 billion years, His reaction time and ability to read an opponent and anticipate their actions would be so incredible that she hulk would be practically moving in slow motion compared to champion. Champion knows all forms of combat in all the known galaxies. Even without the gym he should be way stronger than her. Even without the gem he "cannot be hurt by any means short of molecular dispersion". She hulk beats and elder of the universe...really...she-hulk...really.
Post Edited:2007-07-02 14:40:51

#16 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

If your're talking about Thanos Quest, Yes Thanos technically beat him by outsmarting him, but He didn't beat champion in the sense that Champion was injured or rendered unconscious. Plus we are talking thanos who also is in a whole other league than she-hulk

#17 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"If your're talking about Thanos Quest, Yes Thanos technically beat him by outsmarting him, but He didn't beat champion in the sense that Champion was injured or rendered unconscious. Plus we are talking thanos who also is in a whole other league than she-hulk"

Thanos dropped him onto a planet from high orbit... I think it might have hurt a bit.

#18 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but your taking that out of context they weren't even fighting when he dropped him. Thanos was supposedly giving champion a ride and that's when he dropped him. So again Thanos didn't beat him in a beaten up sense. He did outsmart him! As far as that hurting champion, he had just destroyed an entire planet with a punch and the resulting explosion/shock waves didn't even faze him (he was actually quite happy with himself) so I doubt a free fall from the exosphere of a planet would really hurt him at all.

#19 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"My problem is that Champion is and elder of the universe, he taps the power primordial which is more powerful than the power cosmic. He has channeled all of his power into his body, speed, strengh, agility, etc.,. On top of that he has been either fighting or training to fight for over 5 billion years. In a "real" fight not driven by sales and not in a she-hulk comic, I don't think she-hulk could even land a punch on him! After 5 billion years, His reaction time and ability to read an opponent and anticipate their actions would be so incredible that she hulk would be practically moving in slow motion compared to champion. Champion knows all forms of combat in all the known galaxies. Even without the gym he should be way stronger than her. Even without the gem he "cannot be hurt by any means short of molecular dispersion". She hulk beats and elder of the universe...really...she-hulk...really.
Post Edited:2007-07-02 14:40:51"

I don't disagree with you. If he were taking the fight seriously. Elders tap into the power primordial, but could he underperform if he is overlooking his opponent? Should he be so much above her that he can just mail it in? At this point they were elevating her to the level of the top flight brick hand to hand fighters, so should Champion be able to mail it in against any of them? Especially after all of this time of possibly, unconsciously relying on the power gem and not his own powers?

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

You're evil now?

#21 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"You're evil now?"

Yeah Gambler enticed me into joining the Hellfire Club.

#22 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Yeah but your taking that out of context they weren't even fighting when he dropped him. Thanos was supposedly giving champion a ride and that's when he dropped him. So again Thanos didn't beat him in a beaten up sense. He did outsmart him! As far as that hurting champion, he had just destroyed an entire planet with a punch and the resulting explosion/shock waves didn't even faze him (he was actually quite happy with himself) so I doubt a free fall from the exosphere of a planet would really hurt him at all."

Theres a difference between punching something and getting dropped on your head.

#23 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Valkaad says:
"Yeah but your taking that out of context they weren't even fighting when he dropped him. Thanos was supposedly giving champion a ride and that's when he dropped him. So again Thanos didn't beat him in a beaten up sense. He did outsmart him! As far as that hurting champion, he had just destroyed an entire planet with a punch and the resulting explosion/shock waves didn't even faze him (he was actually quite happy with himself) so I doubt a free fall from the exosphere of a planet would really hurt him at all."
Theres a difference between punching something and getting dropped on your head. "
'Why did he land on his head? Did you see him land on his head? Is he so clumsy and out of tune with his body that while falling lets say 2 miles, he couldn't alter his position in the air to land on his feet? It would be crazy to think he just fell head first and couldnt' do anything to change his position. Even is he did land on his head his head is just as invulnerable to impact as the rest of his body. Also, when an entire planet explodes your whole body is taking the force not just his fist.
#24 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Valkaad says:
"My problem is that Champion is and elder of the universe, he taps the power primordial which is more powerful than the power cosmic. He has channeled all of his power into his body, speed, strengh, agility, etc.,. On top of that he has been either fighting or training to fight for over 5 billion years. In a "real" fight not driven by sales and not in a she-hulk comic, I don't think she-hulk could even land a punch on him! After 5 billion years, His reaction time and ability to read an opponent and anticipate their actions would be so incredible that she hulk would be practically moving in slow motion compared to champion. Champion knows all forms of combat in all the known galaxies. Even without the gym he should be way stronger than her. Even without the gem he "cannot be hurt by any means short of molecular dispersion". She hulk beats and elder of the universe...really...she-hulk...really.
Post Edited:2007-07-02 14:40:51"
I don't disagree with you. If he were taking the fight seriously. Elders tap into the power primordial, but could he underperform if he is overlooking his opponent? Should he be so much above her that he can just mail it in? At this point they were elevating her to the level of the top flight brick hand to hand fighters, so should Champion be able to mail it in against any of them? Especially after all of this time of possibly, unconsciously relying on the power gem and not his own powers?"

I guess I just feel like even on a bad day Champion is Champion. He has engaged the population of entire planets in battle and won. I have a hard time believing that even if he didn't train for a couple months, stayed up all night drinking tequila and carousing with alien babes, he could still walk in a knock out anyone less than a cosmically powered being.

#25 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Why did he land on his head? Did you see him land on his head? Is he so clumsy and out of tune with his body that while falling lets say 2 miles, he couldn't alter his position in the air to land on his feet? It would be crazy to think he just fell head first and couldnt' do anything to change his position. Even is he did land on his head his head is just as invulnerable to impact as the rest of his body. Also, when an entire planet explodes your whole body is taking the force not just his fist. "

You apparently remember the fight differently than I do.

1)The planet he was dropped on didn't explode.

2)The fall was uncontrolled, Champion has never shown being able to control his decent and also have never shown an ability to fly.

3)As Thanos correctly pointed out 'There are limits to immortality/invulnarablity'.

4)He obviously would be killed by the fall, but by no means did the fall mean nothing to him, that would be idiotic.

#26 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Valkaad says:
"Why did he land on his head? Did you see him land on his head? Is he so clumsy and out of tune with his body that while falling lets say 2 miles, he couldn't alter his position in the air to land on his feet? It would be crazy to think he just fell head first and couldnt' do anything to change his position. Even is he did land on his head his head is just as invulnerable to impact as the rest of his body. Also, when an entire planet explodes your whole body is taking the force not just his fist. "
You apparently remember the fight differently than I do. 1)The planet he was dropped on didn't explode. 2)The fall was uncontrolled, Champion has never shown being able to control his decent and also have never shown an ability to fly. 3)As Thanos correctly pointed out 'There are limits to immortality/invulnarablity'. 4)He obviously would be killed by the fall, but by no means did the fall mean nothing to him, that would be idiotic. "

1) He had just punched a planet and destroyed it. He he is unable to fly so he told thanos he would battle him for his ship. Thanos said no but said he would give him a ride for his gem and Champion agreed. 2) When Champion "dropped him off" from his ride Champion was falling, but if you have ever seen skydivers, they can control their bodies in flight the do flips, rolls, etc. So I would think someone with superhuman agility and reflexes could do the same. 3. There are limits, but as I said earlier Champion cannot be hurt by anything short of molecular dispersion. I think a fall is short of molecular dispersion. 4. Why would the fall mean something to him when he had just survived, uninjured and totally unfazed, an entire planet exploding?

#27 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Valkaad says:
You apparently remember the fight differently than I do. 1)The planet he was dropped on didn't explode. 2)The fall was uncontrolled, Champion has never shown being able to control his decent and also have never shown an ability to fly. 3)As Thanos correctly pointed out 'There are limits to immortality/invulnarablity'. 4)He obviously would be killed by the fall, but by no means did the fall mean nothing to him, that would be idiotic. "
1) He had just punched a planet and destroyed it. He he is unable to fly so he told thanos he would battle him for his ship. Thanos said no but said he would give him a ride for his gem and Champion agreed. 2) When Champion "dropped him off" from his ride Champion was falling, but if you have ever seen skydivers, they can control their bodies in flight the do flips, rolls, etc. So I would think someone with superhuman agility and reflexes could do the same. 3. There are limits, but as I said earlier Champion cannot be hurt by anything short of molecular dispersion. I think a fall is short of molecular dispersion. 4. Why would the fall mean something to him when he had just survived, uninjured and totally unfazed, an entire planet exploding? "

He has the ability to save himself... but not the intelligence.

#28 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't originally portrayed as a hulking embicile. They dumbed him down so they could make him an easy mark for lesser characters like the she-hulk.

#29 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"He wasn't originally portrayed as a hulking embicile. They dumbed him down so they could make him an easy mark for lesser characters like the she-hulk."

And Thanos.

#30 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Valkaad says:
"He wasn't originally portrayed as a hulking embicile. They dumbed him down so they could make him an easy mark for lesser characters like the she-hulk."
And Thanos. "

Thanos is a comparable to she-hulk and a lesser character

#31 Posted by BartHulk (26 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
Round 1 with Champion- she takes a beating but is still standing in the end and asking for more:

Round 2 with Champion-after three months of training:

She-Hulk ftw.

#33 Posted by The Dave (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that recently actually. I'm unfamiliar with Champion, but It kinda looked like he thought She-hulk was so beneath him he kinda got sucker punched.

#34 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

thing is rated high, but shes not the first in her class to beat him. i think he's kind of a showboat personally. sure he had a good day. who hasnt? look at Drax in the day. Champions been beat by Colossus as well for one i remember.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk>>>>>>>>all.

#36 Posted by King Saturn (223825 posts) - - Show Bio
She Hulk went off on Champion...
#37 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" She Hulk went off on Champion...
"
she hulk more like she hottie
ahahahaha..............haha...........................ha.........................that was lame.
#38 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
She-Hulk #8  I didn't like that too much.  I don't buy She-Hulk comics.

So....